Playstation Plus - Discussion Thread

Umm PS4 games releasing on PS3? You do know the architectures are completely different right. It will take months of development effort to port games from the PS4 to PS3. Also, some games just can't be ported because of the technical requirements. Infamous: SS comes to mind.
Why should we be discussing about that? Its them who said that the rate should be equivalent to 1 ps4 game isnt it? Thus it is not our concern now how they are going to do it. They have to do it for justifying that statement.
Sony actually tried reducing the game prices etc and it hasn't worked out well for them. India used to be one of the cheaper countries to buy PS games. People used to even export to other countries where costs were higher. Now that Sony has kind of given up on subsidizing game prices, we are feeling the effect.
They actually had plans to setup game mfg plant in india too to keep the cost low. If I am not wrong they did too. "The last of us" disc was made in India for the Indian market. I don't know what happened later. Anyways I am not too much concerned about that since EA & activision started doing the same long back.
The price for Xbox One games isn't any lesser
I was referring to xbox live gold subscription which is now lesser compared to this. Live subscription is Rs 3400 for 1 year (even lesser with discount ). Moreover 90 days membership can be purchased with Rs 880 (snapdeal etc discount)

Not defending the price rise but come on, really? I paid 9k in 3 years for games that would have cost me at least 20 k for used games?
Like @prabs said the type of games they are offering now to its subscribers I think for that the price is too much.
Xbox Gold subscription was such a waste in comparison.
I agree but its not completely waste I think it has very less online issues than what we face.
I have no issues going back to PC for a few years.
I too was thinking that. Atleast pc games (physical copies) are cheaper.

Last edited:
Why should we be discussing about that? Its them who said that the rate should be equivalent to 1 ps4 game isnt it? Thus it is not our concern now how they are going to do it. They have to do it for justifying that statement.

But then again, the international price for a PS3 game is $60 ~ Rs. 3800 considering the dollar rate and exchange costs...

They actually had plans to setup game mfg plant in india too to keep the cost low. If I am not wrong they did too. "The last of us" disc was made in India for the Indian market. I don't know what happened later. Anyways I am not too much concerned about that since EA & activision started doing the same long back.

Yes, they used to import the discs in a spindle and box them here.

I was referring to xbox live gold subscription which is now lesser compared to this. Live subscription is Rs 3400 for 1 year (even lesser with discount ). Moreover 90 days membership can be purchased with Rs 880 (snapdeal etc discount)

True.

Like @prabs said the type of games they are offering now to its subscribers I think for that the price is too much.

Absolutely agree. There has not been a single AAA game released on PS+ for the PS4 so far. Even DriveClub was delayed.

I agree but its not completely waste I think it has very less online issues than what we face.

I too was thinking that. Atleast pc games (physical copies) are cheaper.

Not all PC games release here.

Agree with the bit that AAA Games/Rupee value has gone down this year. Paying 4K for 2nd tier games does not make any sense.

But I was thinking what games would you guys like to see offered as part of let's say December IGC?

I wish they started doing Collections as part of IGC. It'll give me a chance to complete my game collection.

COD MW 1 through 3 etc.
BF 2,3,4
Batman AA, AC, Origins etc.
Sony Studio Collection - Heavy Rain, ICO, Rain etc.
Japan Studio's Collection - Vanquish, Catherine etc.

Watch Dogs - but don't think it's going to happen any time soon as Digital Sales still seem to be up.
Witcher 2 and World of Tanks are not available on PS3 and that's a shame.

The Crew not on PS3 either. I don't think DriveClub (already delayed) compares to it (judging from IGN podcasts)

^^At least we should have got Resident evil revelations this month. Other expected titles would be like splinter cell blacklist, Assassins creed black flag (if we are paying 4k), Batman arkham origins, Arkham city & watch dogs (normal edition, again considering 4k) etc.

Arkham City has been on IGC once that's how I got it.

AC3 came quite quickly to IGC. I think AC4 will be published soon too once the new AC titles come out. Fingers crossed. I bought AC4 on a discount. It's very good.

Arkham City has been on IGC once that's how I got it.

AC3 came quite quickly to IGC. I think AC4 will be published soon too once the new AC titles come out. Fingers crossed. I bought AC4 on a discount. It's very good.
Then add origins only.:D (Btw I think they sometimes repeats the same title)
I bought assassins creed 3 on day one release (ivg & other sites stupid hype) & I quite enjoyed it too (Though the story is flawed). Have played AC 4 on pc therefore not much interested in it but won't mind playing it again.
Even BF 4 deserves a place.

Last edited:
Back