Playstation Plus - Discussion Thread

The epic game God of War HD is free! for Playstation Plus subscribers.

Sweet!

Quix, how much do you pay for a year's PS+ subscription? Around 3.5k odd I am assuming. That looks well worth the price with so many free downloads over PSN.

And how do you download these titles? To the console directly or the PC and transfer it later?

2950/- for a years subscription though it does come down during Holiday season to 2.1k

Downloads directly to Console, I haven't tried the Web-PS3 integration yet.

So do the downloads resume itself if in case it was paused or the console goes off in the event of a power cut?

Umm good question, you can set a time when the PS3 wakes up to perform update operations. I don't think there is an auto-resume when there's a power outage. Because you'd have to scan the hard disk when it turns back on. Once the scan is done it should resume the download.

Very frankly I never paid much attention as I would switch it off at night, it downloads and applies updates, uploads save games to cloud by morning. I've stopped fretting about download priority etc. :)

2950/- for a years subscription though it does come down during Holiday season to 2.1k

Downloads directly to Console, I haven't tried the Web-PS3 integration yet.
Looks good with the amount of free downloads available for download.
Will try to subscribe. What is the avg game download size?

Looks good with the amount of free downloads available for download.
Will try to subscribe. What is the avg game download size?

Please note that the free game titles get refreshed every fortnight. So games like Borderlands etc may not be available for free anymore.

Mass Effect 3 is free on Playstation Plus.
Since I've kept myself spoiler free for the past year might as well take in some trophies.

Dead or Alive 5 is free too BTW.

Thanks got the heads up Gannu. Will skip it.

US and EU playstation plus games are different so Demon Souls may not be on the list, India falls under PS EU region.

If Demon Souls does come to PS+ Ind will download it in a heartbeat. :)

Back