Please suggest me a smartphone arnd 25k for my dad

aragorn

Disciple
Hi guys, I am looking to gift my dad a phone for his birthday. I want to go for a QWERT keyboard as he finds it a little difficult to use a touch screen. I am mainly looking for a phone which is very user friendly and has a good battery life.I am willing to spend the extra buck if it is worth it

Questions:-

1. Q: Budget?

A. Upto 30k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A. Any.

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A.Any

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A. Prefer Nokia or Blackberry and Sony is a BIG NO

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A. QWERTY, or preferably both

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A. Around a 5MP one with FLASH

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc)

A. Any, won't be doing too much with apps

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A. 3G

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)

A. Just for making a lot of calls, some clicks here and there

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A. Just a huge battery life and some looks to set it apart

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A. Blackberry BOLD 9900

no replies
<
, come on guys. I need some help

Also, none of the smartphones have a good battery life, my dad just shifted from a e75 to a Lumia 710, the battery life on smart phone is avg of 1 day. So thats the best you can expect on any platform. The E6 is touch and QWERT, maybe it will give him best of both worlds.

Hi guys, I am looking to gift my dad a phone for his birthday. I want to go for a QWERT keyboard as he finds it a little difficult to use a touch screen. I am mainly looking for a phone which is very user friendly and has a good battery life.I am willing to spend the extra buck if it is worth it

thank you, I am really considering to go for the lumia 800.I am also wondering the about the xperia s ..

Did you change your mind of buying a QWERTY ?

Here are the suggestions though:

For QWERTY you could consider a Nokia E6. It is simply a business handset.

For Touchscreen:

Lumia 800's simplicity would suit his needs and it is a pretty good handset if you don't want an Android.

Sony Xperia S is a heavy handset at 144gm, so do consider that before buying it.

HTC One S / Xperia P could also be considered but you'll have to wait a bit for both of them to be launched.

Hope this helps.
happy19.gif

The Lumia 800 isnt armed with a memory card slot. See that if your father has any concern for that... IMO going for a phone which doesnt have a card slot is not a good idea. Let others comment on this...

Back