Video Pls suggest a 42"+ Full HD LCD TV

espeez

Disciple
Planning on picking up a full HD LCD TV. Pls suggest brands/models/prices. Planning on not paying more than 1.5-2L for the same. Planning on checking out a few models in Modern House on MG Road in Bangalore..any other good showrooms in Bangalore who lets you take a good casual demo of thier range.

Any views on this one :

Toshiba Regza WLT66 42" LCD Television 1.02L + 3.5K shipping on indiatimes auctions.
Sony Bravia has a full HD range not sure about the prices.
Philips ambilight models any good?

And will full HD really make a difference vs the 720p ones (viewing distance about 14feet)
Any suggestions/views would be appreciated. Thanks.

42" Full HD Tosh for 1.02, your kidding right ?

The cheapest 40" is the Sony KLV-40V, which is a 720p/1080i display for 1.05L

The Full HD Sony is the KLV-40X which is 1080p for 2L. The Samsung Mosel is also a 42" Full HD for about 2.2L

Instead why not get a Hitachi 42" Full HD Plasma for about 1.1L

Thanks Anish. Will def. have a look at the Hitachi Plasma you suggested but are you sure about the pricing (1.1L) It sure looks like a winner at that price.

^ Yeah absolutely. If you dont mind going cash down (That is proper warranty, no bill), then it might be cheaper. The model is Hitachi 42PD9800TA

All the best :D !

Hi there. I my self am planning to purchase a 46" HDTV LCD and after doing allot of research, what i would suggest you is to go for either the Sony Bravia KLV-40X2000A series(40 inches) OR the Sharp Aquos LC-42G7M(42 inches) (price range for both is between 1.60 - 1.90lkhs) . Both are excellent LCD displays and feature FULL HD 1080p native resolution. If you buy a 46" 1080p LCD then you will for sure notice some difference in picture quality when its compared to a 720p 46" LCD other wise a 40" will do just fine in 720p. To make things very easy for you and keeping your budget in mind i am sharing my knowledge with you from what i have learnt and experienced. You can actually go in for a 46" Samsung LA-46F71B series also if you want which has a price tag of 1,80000rs(full hd 1080p) but still the Bravia nails it in terms of sharpness and colour reproduction. I have seen the bravia and samsung both in action and believe me Bravia is not just stunning, but it is the best LCD among all in its class specially when it comes to sharpness and clarity. There are some very useful guidelines that i found on the net and because of that it has made my own buying decision less painful. So for you also i would suggest you go to the following links and read various articles regarding purchase of an LCD. Since i have already done the vast research with all sorts of LCD displays which includes their advantages and dis advantages, without a doubt the LCD type displays are better than Plasma HDTV and other known types of displays. Again i will repeat to you that the Bravia KLV-40X200A(40 inches) and the Bravia KLV-46X200A(46 inches) is the BEST and nothing comes close to it atleast for now. There is no difference between them what so ever except for the size. If money is no issue then go for the 46" bravia X series that i have mentioned above or the Sharp Aquos LC-46G7M. Both have a price tag for around 2.5 - 2.6lkhs. I will be going to Vijay sales main branch this saturday with some friends to check out the Sharp 46 incher and then only i will be satisfied regarding my purchase. If there is a Vijay Sales showroom next to your house or in other parts of Bangalore then go there and see it for your self that how amazing the Bravia X series is. And if you only want to stick with the 40"-42" LCD then just close your eyes and go for the Bravia. One more very important thing to note between the Bravia and the Sharp Aquos is that even though the Bravia is better in picture quality, the specifications of the Sharp is better than the bravia with a staggering 4ms response times which is very crucial when it comes to fast paced gaming or fast action scenes in HD movies. The Sharp also has better contrast ratio of 10,000:1 where as the sony bravia has 7000:1. Go to all these links they will help you allot.
Sony Bravia KLV-46X200A (46-inch LCD) - Review : Home Entertainment : TVs - CNET Asia
Sharp Aquos LC-46G7M (46-inch LCD) - Review : Home Entertainment : TVs - CNET Asia
LCD TV Buying Guide: LCD TV Reviews and Buying Advice, Find the Best LCD Television
www.hardwarezone.com® :: News Flash At A Glance!

Anish said:
42" Full HD Tosh for 1.02, your kidding right ?

The cheapest 40" is the Sony KLV-40V, which is a 720p/1080i display for 1.05L
The Full HD Sony is the KLV-40X which is 1080p for 2L. The Samsung Mosel is also a 42" Full HD for about 2.2L

Instead why not get a Hitachi 42" Full HD Plasma for about 1.1L

1) Samsung 40R81 is 89k right now, highly regarded 720p/1080i, better than the Sony V IMO.. (I have one :D )

2) The Hitachi plasma is FullHD compatible, which means it can accept 1080p signals. It downscales them to native res, which is 1024*768.

3)Samsung LA40M81... this is ~1.4L, 40" FullHD.

And anyway, for a 40" TV, I think you need to sit further than 10 feet or so away to differentiate between 720p and 1080p...

Dont go for Plasma please. LCD have better backlight logetivity than plasmas and dont have issues like burn in and washed colours. Read my previous reply carefully and go to those links that i have posted. Like i said if you have the money then buy the Sony Bravia KLV-46X200A or the Sharp Aquos LC-46G7M (both are Full HD 1080p). These are the best babies money can buy. If you are investing in an LCD then make sure you buy one with warranty and buy Full HD at any cost.

^Boss, don't spread FUD... the latest plasma panels have eliminated burn-in issues, and washed out colours? Guess you haven't compared the black levels on the Hitachi with pretty much any LCD out there.. go check it out..

If you are sitting at a distance of 18ft....and only watching cable tv and DVDs...no gaming and no HD content... does it make sense to go for HD...Will it make a difference...?

Dude if you are comparing LCD to PLASMA then any day LCD is a better choice. I am no expert but if you read reviews on cnet and their buying guides you will know. Both the displays have their advantages and disadvantages but any day LCD is better IMO. The black levels of Bravia are kick ass without a doubt. For gaming LCD is a much better choice over plasmas. The main thing is that LCD displays have way better life span compared to Plasmas i,e 60,000 hours or more. See this link, it will clear all misconceptions. :)
LCD TV vs Plasma TV Which is Best? from LCD TV Buying Guide

Thanks mod_to_odd thats a lot of good info. Sony Bravia 40" sounds good at 2L.

Am also looking at Philips 47PF9541/98 at 1.7L (bigger and I can also throw in a PS3 in 2L) Has anyone checked this out?

47PF9541/98 Large TV Philips

Will try and have a look at the Hitachi 42PD9800TA too, it sounds good at that price. Any Hitachi showrooms in Bangalore..there was one on Infantry Road not sure if its still there(or they carry TVs too)

And Thanks a lot for the replies guys..its making my search real easy :)

vij said:
If you are sitting at a distance of 18ft....and only watching cable tv and DVDs...no gaming and no HD content... does it make sense to go for HD...Will it make a difference...?

If you are just going to watch cable and play no games or view HD content then buying a HDTV is no point. :)

mod_to_odd said:
If you are just going to watch cable and play no games or view HD content then buying a HDTV is no point. :)

yep...planning to buy one for my parent's bedroom...n was thinking non-HD...:)

espeez said:
Thanks mod_to_odd thats a lot of good info. Sony Bravia 40" sounds good at 2L.

Am also looking at Philips 47PF9541/98 at 1.7L (bigger and I can also throw in a PS3 in 2L) Has anyone checked this out?

47PF9541/98 Large TV Philips

Will try and have a look at the Hitachi 42PD9800TA too, it sounds good at that price. Any Hitachi showrooms in Bangalore..there was one on Infantry Road not sure if its still there(or they carry TVs too)

And Thanks a lot for the replies guys..its making my search real easy :)

Philips and Hitachi are good brands but if you willing to spend 2lkhs or more then do not do the mistake of getting the philips or hitachi pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee..... Bravia is King...If you dont trust me then see it for your self in any good shop like Vijay sales or any other shop in Bangalore. Buy either the Sharp or the Bravia you will not regret it. Dont think of any other brand just go for any one of the two that i have told you.

mod_to_odd - Its better you go read a bit and then come back here.

The Bravia X series kinda matches a Plasma, but its still gotta catch up. Your talking contrast ratio, Plasma is 15k:1 beat that duh. LCD's are still not up there with Plasmas YET.

As for brands, Hitachi is one of the best plasmas, along with Pio, and Panasonic.

For LCD's its Sony, Sharp and Toshiba along with the Samsung Mosel's (which are reportedly OEM's Tosh's).

TechHead said:
1)

2) The Hitachi plasma is FullHD compatible, which means it can accept 1080p signals. It downscales them to native res, which is 1024*768.

True, its 1024x1080 (42") and 1280x1080 (50"), which is still nautical miles ahead of a HD-Ready LCD.

Dude Anish, the thing is inspite of providing all the information you are still arguing like a kid on the LCD vs PLASMA issue. I have read enough and thats why i know what i am saying. I will just tell you one thing which might enlighten you. People have a different perspective at looking things and as far as Plasmas go they are good , i am not denying it but when you invest a good lot of money you would want to have the best bang for your buck. And when you consider all these points then the better choice is obv LCD. I will tell you why. LCD use less power consumption, they last longer than most plasmas and most importantly they dont have burn in probs because when you play games and pause it you will see burn in issues even in the best Plasma no matter what brand it is. My friend has a latest pioneer plasma but now he regrets buying it coz the screen is slightly damaged with the lame burn. All i am saying is that LCD is a safer choice. For Hardcore cinema people Plasmas are very good because of their excellent Black levels like what you said which is very much true. So for now lets not argue on this again and let espeez decide what is best for him :)

Mod you talk a lot I can barely read what you typed man!!! Break it up into paragraphs

Bravia is good, but still has a long way to go. Its a sony no doubt, and also its good for a new series to match up plasma in some way, but technology grows time by time, Intel whooped AMD, xbox 360 whooped ps3 (by sales)-hitachi makes good screen as said by Anish. Since your talking about burn in, Lets not forget that lcd has the dead pixel issues too.

And try to Understand what people trying to say, it happens-happened to me :)!!! Relax bro

Relax man spread the love....plutonic love :p

Back