Video Pls suggest a 42"+ Full HD LCD TV

@Dlalvani the hdd player I use is the Mvix 2500U. picked it up in spore for like 179S$
Whoa a price drop of 20k! cool! I paid 99k w/ the stand thrown in fer free.

Hi,

I also have Sony 3LCD projection TV. Its a 50" TV which I got around 6 months back for 75K with free stand thrown in. I can vouch for picture quality and I am very satisfied with my purchase. I watch it from a distance of 8 feet without any eyestrain. Pixels are also not noticeable to me at this distance. So its current resolution (720P) is good enough for me. I use it to watch DVD/DivX movies only.

I too believe that listed price, 80K, for both 50" and 55" in Sony website must be a typo. Its highly unlikely they are selling both of them at same price. I advise interested people to actually go to Sony World showrooms to inquire of latest prices.

If it really is 80K, then at this price its a steal! Go for it! Nothing beats it when it comes to price to performance ratio.

The only thing I fear is that if any problems show up after 1 year of warranty, it will be difficult for Indian Sony after-service people to fix it up to my satisfaction. I also hope that projection lamps continue to remain available after 2-3 years.

I also advise people to go for original Sony stand (negotiate with dealer to throw it in for free). TV and its stand really go very well together.

Its not a typo apparently the other two will be phased out and only the 55e200a will continue to be sold the mrp for both is now 79,990 and are available after discount at 77,990.
Sony is trying to prevent dealers from selling below that price.
the stand i saw was mrp 15990 and they offered a 1000 rupee discount
I didnt bother got a nice wooden stand/ trolley made for 6k which is a lot sturdier and roomier and movable as comparable to the sony one
They wont throw it in for free for sure
also the defaults settings make u see a lot of pixelation from 8 feet but on tweaking it can be dramatically improved as long as you dont try and use the vivid setting
got mine three days ago and am loving it
would be fun i think if people posted pics of their setups
and maybe we can have a set of 55e200a owners here all sharing their tips etc
look forward to more chat here
thanx for all your inputs Espeez
ttyl

Dev

Back