PORTAL 2 - Discussion Thread

I'm thinking of buying it 0.o

Now what the point?
<

depends on your test chamber actually.. the more items you use, you should think more and thus takes more time.. My first map had too many items. i am planning small chambers with very few items and more of logic!! BTW if you happen to play portal 2 check out Mevious's workshop.. that guy is a genius.. his chambers are better than some of the original portal 2 test chambers :)

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Thinking about portal 2 in my class!! my class notes are filled with schematics for a new chamber!! lol..

The editor is extremely easy to use. You can reproduce your ideas for test chambers flawlessly with little or no annoyances. It seems to be the designed exactly for the people who have a great interest in developing games but don't have the time to get around to learning coding and graphics. :)

The Cave Johnson comments when playing user-created levels and totally crazy and out-of-this-world. There's even a parallel universe where Doug Rattmann is the CEO and Cave Johnson is working under him!

I do hope that in the next ten to twenty years, Valve gives us a complete explanation of all the craziness in the world of Portal and Half-Life.

The Cave Johnson comments when playing user-created levels and totally crazy and out-of-this-world. There's even a parallel universe where Doug Rattmann is the CEO and Cave Johnson is working under him!

I do hope that in the next ten to twenty years, Valve gives us a complete explanation of all the craziness in the world of Portal and Half-Life.
do list some of your fav levels. I might try this week or next.

hope that is not in valve time :p

_

I got a 75% off coupon for Portal 2, free for anyone who asks. Final price should come to around $5. First come first serve :)

Edit: Damnit, how DO you write percentages here?

I got a 75% off coupon for Portal 2, free for anyone who asks. Final price should come to around $5. First come first serve :)

Edit: Damnit, how DO you write percentages here?

even I have the coupon. can give.

btw this is how % :p

p.s. the problem is in quick reply. go advanced to the full editor page then you can put % fine :D

_

Finally got around to playing the Portal series. I had the first game from the Orange Box so finished that a few days ago. It was great.

Then I saw the Steam sale on Portal 2 and bought it right away. What an amazing game. Probably the best single player experience I've ever had. I don't usually have the patience to sit through single player games, most of them tend to bore me quickly for some reason. The last one I finished was Half-Life 2.

But this... incredible.

I'm waiting for a friend to finish the games so we can play Co-op together, but in the meantime, is there something else I can do? I was really sad when the game ended :D

Back