Post your in-game screenshots & gameplay videos

Re: The post your in-game screenshot's thread

Last set of SS from sin episodes, I've finished the game and uninstalled it too, so dont worry no more will follow.

redscorpion_11 said:
SOME SCREENS FROM AUDIOSURF ...
one of the coolest games i played..
it lets u load your MP3 songs in and then it generates a race track based on the music.. the aim is to get as many coloured blocks as possible.. actually 3 or more or same will give u points.. like tetris i guess.. but only its really different..
tried many different songs.. from really fast to really slow.. its so much fun :p

dude did u actually buy it or is it the ahem.... version??

Just wanted to say that I made a mistake uploading 48 images, I only wanted to upload about 8-10.
I tried this new feature which allows you to upload a zip file with all the images, and I think I zipped all the files and then deleted, I had only picked about 8-10 Ss to upload.

well ive seen lots & lots of crysis screenshots here. but all have been in daylight or night in the forest. not seen any when the whole island has frozen. it looks just amazing. screenshots dont do justice to this game.

settings.
1920 x 1200 @ everthing set to high in xp x64.
custom dx10 effects for xp which were used
con_restricted=0
r_motionblur=0
r_UseEdgeAA=2
r_UsePOM=1
r_sunshafts=1
e_water_ocean_fft=1
q_Renderer=3
r_colorgrading=1

dsarosh, read what stormblast says about Crysis particularly about the FPS (and see his hardware).. that's probably high settings but should give you an idea.

err how did u do this ??

custom dx10 effects for xp which were used

con_restricted=0

r_motionblur=0

r_UseEdgeAA=2

r_UsePOM=1

r_sunshafts=1

e_water_ocean_fft=1

q_Renderer=3

r_colorgrading=1

isnt DX10 restricted to Vista ?? or have they released patch for DX 10 effects on XP.. ??

faheem_m said:
err how did u do this ??
isnt DX10 restricted to Vista ?? or have they released patch for DX 10 effects on XP.. ??

u can use 70-80% of the dx10 effects in xp via console commands etc. i have forced these commands from the custom config file i have made so i dont need to enter it in console everytime i play. also this doesnt hit your fps as much as it does in vista cause if i played with these settings in vista i would get max of 10-12fps.

^^go to my douments\my games and create a file called autoexec.cfg where all teh crysis configs are...then just paste into autoexec.cfg

@stormblast: the 2nd pic in the last row with the bald spread-eagle solder holding his helmet looks pretty photorealistic. was that soldier moving around?

the rest of the screenshots have a lot of jagged edges (the wood pieces and some of the rocks) as if antialiasing was turned off. was it?

what if you increase AA and run at a lower res, say 1280x1024, does it look/perform better or worse?

also, since im also trying to get the E248WFP LCD, can you tell me does it have a 1:1 pixel setting where the screen size goes not get zoomed or stretched to fit the screen?

vishalrao said:
@stormblast: the 2nd pic in the last row with the bald spread-eagle solder holding his helmet looks pretty photorealistic. was that soldier moving around?

the rest of the screenshots have a lot of jagged edges (the wood pieces and some of the rocks) as if antialiasing was turned off. was it?

what if you increase AA and run at a lower res, say 1280x1024, does it look/perform better or worse?

also, since im also trying to get the E248WFP LCD, can you tell me does it have a 1:1 pixel setting where the screen size goes not get zoomed or stretched to fit the screen?

the bald guy isnt moving as he has been frozen.

the screenshots have jagged edges as i am not using fsaa but instead using edgeAA which is for foilage & it makes them look even more fantastic. the prob when u enable FSAA is that it doesnt affect any of the foilage. enabling fsaa & edgeAA is possible but then the fps hit is just too much for a 8800gt to handle.

i can try playing on 1280 x 1024 res it will surely run better but then wont look as sharp. 1920 is insane :) . only thing is that u can notice the jaggies more easily when u see screenshots. when u are actually playing u cant notice them as much u are constantly moving. u can only notice it in some places.

if you are using 1:1 ratio you can use the stretch to screen option for it to fit on the whole screen or maintain the ratio with black bands. also as this is a widescreen lcd a 1:1 ratio stretched will look awkward n ofcourse stretched horizontally. its better to play the game at 1440 x 900 or 1280 x 800 resolution both of which are the same aspect ratio widescreen res.

thanks storm, its good to know the e248 has a non-stretch 1:1 option with black bands, man i cant wait to get it :)

vishalrao said:
thanks storm, its good to know the e248 has a non-stretch 1:1 option with black bands, man i cant wait to get it :)

actually the option was there i remember. but i never tried it. i just assumed that black bands would come. i will go home tonight & check it & will let u know.

cool, thanks. come to think of it, why not post a full review? already saw your "full hd finally" thread...

stormblast said:
u can use 70-80% of the dx10 effects in xp via console commands etc. i have forced these commands from the custom config file i have made so i dont need to enter it in console everytime i play. also this doesnt hit your fps as much as it does in vista cause if i played with these settings in vista i would get max of 10-12fps.

those aren't dx10 effects,they are simply some of the very high effects settings that can be done in dx9 but were reserved for very high dx10 settings.no matter what you do you won't get dx10 effects using dx9 and have you tried playing the game in dx10 vista??

^^ show me once visible diff. between dx10 "very high" and dx9.0c "very high" .. and i'll believe you that those effects were only meant for dx10 ...

deathvirus_me said:
^^ show me once visible diff. between dx10 "very high" and dx9.0c "very high" .. and i'll believe you that those effects were only meant for dx10 ...

"dx10 effects" as in which require dx10.
there is no dx9 very high,that is a hack for getting some of the features that can be enabled in dx9 but were tried to be kept exclusively for vista and dx10.
dx9 can't be used for enabling any of the dx10 features simply because it can't.i hope i am clearer this time round.

broar94 said:
dsarosh, read what stormblast says about Crysis particularly about the FPS (and see his hardware).. that's probably high settings but should give you an idea.

Well, even 15-20fps is good for me at low detail settings, but the game began to hang up often. The same happened with Timeshift too, but timeshift recommended a particular Nvidia beta drivers, and even provided a link to download them. With the beta drivers I played and completed timeshif fine.
But crysis kept hanging up often, I guess my system is simply too old for it.
Anyway, it wil be a great game to play on my next card, i'm waiting for dx10.1 cards to be affordable. Dx10.0 cards are simply not a long term solution for dx10 games.

gamervivek said:
"dx10 effects" as in which require dx10.
there is no dx9 very high,that is a hack for getting some of the features that can be enabled in dx9 but were tried to be kept exclusively for vista and dx10.
dx9 can't be used for enabling any of the dx10 features simply because it can't.i hope i am clearer this time round.

u are saying on 1 hand dx10 effects cant be used on xp but on the other hand u also say that dx9 very high can be used, which infact is dx10 cause very high means dx10. those effects arent exclusively for vista. only 3 or so effects are which cant be enabled on xp. the rest effects when u enable via console or cfg & compare it to vista its exactly the same.

if u go n check the difference online between dx9 veryhigh vs dx10 very high, there is actually very little difference. around 10 - 15% difference at the most with dx9 very high looking better in some areas.

yes i have vista also with me but the performance hit is too much on it for 10% better visual quality which is just not worth it. also the os itself sux which also makes me not want to boot into it.

Back