OC & Modding Post your Intel Core 2 Duo overclocks here

Re: Post Your Core 2 Duo Overclocks Here

Thanks guys :D

Was done on a very bloated XP install. It was optimised a bit, only setting priority,affinity,shutting down unwanted processes and killing explorer.

The biostar board refused to go above 520 FSB (that itself is a brilliant achievement for a 4.5k board) and the voltage options are very limited so we couldnt tweak it further anyway. The board is also notorious for relaxing memory sub-timings a fair bit, and im guessing at 520 FSB the trd would have been quite high as well, tho forgot to check with memset

Nice score there harshal, but don tell me u didnt get a E8500 to test ;)

thebanik said:
well nice score, its not a Abit IP35 that you will get such low score. I would say on the Biostar its a pretty decent score.

Hey Banik, difference between IP 35 E and the PRO is a mere 1-2% :cool2:

My first attempt at overclocking. E6550@2700 mhz, 2*1GB transcend DDR2800 1:1 @ 4-4-4-18 Abit IP35-E Zalman CNPS9500

One question - how far can i push the fsb without messing around with the voltage, and without affecting the stability??

P.S : Can't seem to set the tRAS to anything below 18 :huh:

Buddy if U pass +.1v, it wont effect CPU life etc. U need to increase RAM voltage too if U go above 800MHz, 2.0v with 5-5-5-18 is k.

checksum said:

My first attempt at overclocking. E6550@2700 mhz, 2*1GB transcend DDR2800 1:1 @ 4-4-4-18 Abit IP35-E Zalman CNPS9500

One question - how far can i push the fsb without messing around with the voltage, and without affecting the stability??

P.S : Can't seem to set the tRAS to anything below 18 :huh:

^^ well i could go upto 870 mhz on the ram without any voltage increase. And I will mess around with voltage only if absolutely necessary. Just want to know the limit of the E6550 cause many peeps here should have overclocked the hell out of it.

That depends on the proccy, not all overclock the same. but the limit for you will be the ram itself. Assuming ram goes to say 900, u can only go till 450X9 = 3150 mhz. So try and see how far it goes. Same situation for me with my E8400, thought my cooling is also on the limit.

What are ur load temps with orthos? and what vcore have u set in bios

@checksum

I also have the same procy, board, ram as u can c in my sign...

My transcend ram can go upto a max of - 472x2 = 944Mhz ... cant g8 greater than that :( on 2.0V. Raising the ram voltage doesnt help )

So on this kind of ram i could get a max of - 472x7 = 3.3Ghz

My friend is having corsair XMS2 800Mhz sticks...i have tried ocing wid them...
I was able 2 get a max oc of 525x7 = 3.67Ghz on STOCK COOLER
I could even go further with some gud heatsink....

I have heard that E6550 can be max oced 2 sum 3.95Ghz
as cn on sum forum...

If u have ne doubt u can chk my 3d marks run successful nd giving me 13993 points http://www.techenclave.com/rig-gallery/viewgallery-632.html

Testing this new chip and stepping of E8400.

Q807A190. I must say I expected this chip to be bad after looking at some of the results of latest steppings.

But here are the results. I am trying to get best low voltage oc out of this for now. Will oc more when and if needed.

Got another chip to play with today. This time E7200.

Nice chip, easy to overclock. And decent batch here.

Batch # : Q808A537

Yeah. I took a risk with this batch. 810 are duds. 811 are again good. 806 was so so.

Found this Q808A537. Picked it up. :p

Funky said:
Yeah. I took a risk with this batch. 810 are duds. 811 are again good. 806 was so so.

Found this Q808A537. Picked it up. :p

And got lucky. :p

I just bought a Q748A519 batch E7200. Will try ocing soon. I just hope its a decent batch.

It keeps getting better and better.

As of now I will be priming here for couple of hours. If stable this will probably be my 24x7 clocks. Will try to reach 4.2Ghz if possible at these voltages :D

man wanna see some real benching results funky, what are you doing with all these pots, give us some big numbers.

DICE benching will be once a while re. I have to go all drive for 40 mins to get DICE, and same time back. So its only on weekends and that too when i have my cousin / friend to help me.

If anyone from Mumbai volunteer next weekend its on :p

dice benching is so much easier and i guess wont need any friends, LN2 on the other hand certainly need guys around, for starters like us. Good luck with your benching if its on for this weekend.

Back