OC & Modding Post your overclocks !

My current assembled system
6600K.png

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.7Ghz OC
Ram: Crucial Ballistix sports 3200mhz @ 3733mhz cl16 OC
AIO: Lian Li Galahad 360mm

More of an optimisation rather than an overclock considering I am on a laptop with Ryzen 4800H and RTX2060. I have reduced the CPU TDP to get more out of the GPU and quite content with the gains. Screenshots below are from TimeSpy and FireStrike at 1080p with my settings on the left and stock on the right.
Optimised.png

Last edited:
If you are running it at 1.4v don't!!! it will reduce your cpu life severely. I have mine 4.6 at 1.3v with llc 3 and anything above requires way more voltage.
AMD processors are good with 1.4v as much I know. my phenom x II 1055t is still live and heathy. plus I think its totally depends on the temperature. right now they are fine and so no issue i suppose :angelic: correct me if I am wrong ;)

No brother. Can't compare different generations and voltages matter as a lot with these newer cpus. Just Google ryzen 2nd/3rd gen safe voltage. If you are pumping 1.4v at 100% load believe me your cpu life will degrade very fast. Have read a lot about this as have had 3900x and now 5900x. Trust me those 100mhz are not worth the 1.4v

AMD processors are good with 1.4v as much I know. my phenom x II 1055t is still live and heathy. plus I think its totally depends on the temperature. right now they are fine and so no issue i suppose :angelic: correct me if I am wrong ;)
it depends on process node, phenom 2 were 45nm and many had 1.4v as stock voltage.
For smaller node the voltage have to be lower for longevity.

Some more tips
More important than the average core voltage is peak core voltage, if your cpu is idle ( running at lower clock and voltage to save power) and then you apply some load then the transient response will be worse and cause voltage to over shoot ( it can go 1.7v+ if you set 1.4v load voltage and if it idles down to say 1v ) for micro second which cause silent degrade or even dead cpu or board if vrm is bad. So i will recommend to turn off dynamic voltage ( that is voltage never idles down ) so that vrm doesn't need to overcompensate for the sudden load.

Also always use LLC to introduce intentional voltage droop, that is your max load voltage should always be lower than your idle voltage. ( eg 1.35v at idle, and 1.25v at 100% load ) this is to avoid spikes during transient, as those spikes will go much above your desired load voltage. These can only be seen via oscilloscope, AHOC ( buildzoid ) have several videos regarding these.

No brother. Can't compare different generations and voltages matter as a lot with these newer cpus. Just Google ryzen 2nd/3rd gen safe voltage. If you are pumping 1.4v at 100% load believe me your cpu life will degrade very fast. Have read a lot about this as have had 3900x and now 5900x. Trust me those 100mhz are not worth the 1.4v
1.3v for 4600mhz recenty crashed my system :(
it depends on process node, phenom 2 were 45nm and many had 1.4v as stock voltage.
For smaller node the voltage have to be lower for longevity.

Some more tips
More important than the average core voltage is peak core voltage, if your cpu is idle ( running at lower clock and voltage to save power) and then you apply some load then the transient response will be worse and cause voltage to over shoot ( it can go 1.7v+ if you set 1.4v load voltage and if it idles down to say 1v ) for micro second which cause silent degrade or even dead cpu or board if vrm is bad. So i will recommend to turn off dynamic voltage ( that is voltage never idles down ) so that vrm doesn't need to overcompensate for the sudden load.

Also always use LLC to introduce intentional voltage droop, that is your max load voltage should always be lower than your idle voltage. ( eg 1.35v at idle, and 1.25v at 100% load ) this is to avoid spikes during transient, as those spikes will go much above your desired load voltage. These can only be seen via oscilloscope, AHOC ( buildzoid ) have several videos regarding these.
is this regardless of low temp ?

CPU: Ryzen 2200G overclocked to 3.85Ghz @ 1.2125V
iGPU overclocked to 1500mhz @ 1.225V (stock: 1100Mhz)
Running on a MSI B450M Mortar (non-Max) 24x7 doing Folding@Home
CPU cooler: Deepcool Gammax 400 V2

Attachments

• IMG-20210217-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20210217-WA0000.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 175
I went back to 4.2ghz for alot of time back. today did a 4.6ghz and a 10 min CR23 run test which gave me below test. everything was fine, just the temps are scary. 99.4 degree on a 360mm liquid cooler :tearsofjoy: I am lost :banghead:

Attachments

• cr23-test-result.png
    cr23-test-result.png
    942 KB · Views: 152
  • temp-results.png
    temp-results.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 143
Back