PC Peripherals Power consumption CRT versus TFT

Hi friends,

Please tell me friends that how much a TFT consumes, especially Dell 19 or 22 inch TFTs, etc.

I have 17 Samsung syncmaster 798 MB monitor, and practically, it consumes 45 to 47 watts.:(

Any low power models to be launched in the near future that I should wait for?:huh:

Thanks in advance.

ideally 15w crt consumes somwer around 50watts...crt 19" consumes 35-38w ideally and 1w on standby..

22" consumes 40-45+ watts..

LCD's are already low powered. wont make much diff in power consumption unless some rev tech come up.

I've seen a Viewsonic 22" VX2235-WM5 (1680x1050) consume 20 watts in Standard mode and 40-45 watts in the "creative" modes such as Cinema, Games, etc.

I've also seen the Benq 22" T2200HD (1920x1080) consume 30 watts with Dynamic Contrast turned off and 50-55 watts with Dynamic Contrast turned on.

Power Consumption for 15/17/19 CRT monitors falls under 60~90W.For TFT it remain within 20~60W.

I am also looking forward to get 22Inch TFT for saving power.My system remain powered up 20 hours a day.So there will be significant power saving with TFT.

Actually your 798MB power consumption isn't bad. I have 2 old Viewsonic 15" that consume upwards of 80W+!!! :rofl:

Well in LCDs, you can go up to 22" and still consume the same amount of power. At 24" you will probably see power con. starting at 50W-60W depending on the model.

Also In Price/performance 22" is the clear winner.

Then, except for space, I think, my CRT monitor is best.

:)

:D

:eek:hyeah:

:bleh:

:hap2:

:clap:

:p

I will not upgrade. I love my CRT monitor. (I do not want to become sheep) :tongue:

CRT---

Pros: Smooooooooth -In terms of Movies, Games, THEY ARE AWESOME

Cons: Release Much more radiation.. Long Hrs on PC? Get a TFT

Also they r cheap.

CRT +1 if u r satisfied :) i sometimes miss my CRT while gaming/Movies

I miss my CRT while playing Counter Strike, TF2... It was rocking guys.. :)

I still have it in cupboard but no space for keeping it on table again :(

The only reason i shifted to an LCD was that i used to sepnd long hours in front of the monitor, so during the evening the eyes would start paining..

IMO, if you aren't on one of those high quality LCDs, it's better sticking to CRT.

OT: Another dept in my company has upgraded to Dell 2007FP displays. I did not know what display it was at first but everytime I passed by, I was impressed at the view angle. My impressions are that it's a really chunky display and only the stand looks good. But these are the only kind of displays worth switching from a CRT.

sydras said:
IMO, if you aren't on one of those high quality LCDs, it's better sticking to CRT.

OT: Another dept in my company has upgraded to Dell 2007FP displays. I did not know what display it was at first but everytime I passed by, I was impressed at the view angle. My impressions are that it's a really chunky display and only the stand looks good. But these are the only kind of displays worth switching from a CRT.

most of LCD's are TN panels....the dell 2007 are S-IPS panels
Choosing an LCD - Guides and Tutorials - TechEnclave

I had query about power consumption, as some new TFTs models are there or will come in market that consume very less power. They are using OLED to give brightness to screen and OLEDs consume very less power.

Back