**PRICE DROPPED** Onkyo HT-R330 5.1 chn HomeTheater DolbyDigital/DTS AV receiver and

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Onkyo HT-R330 5.1 channel HomeTheater DolbyDigital/DTS AV receiver and Amp -- Rs

spirovious said:
It has no Sub preout & one need only passive subwoofer to connect it.
It has SW amp built in.

That is incorrect info. The fact that Onkyo includes a passive sub with it doesn't mean that you can't connect an active sub to it.

It does have sub amp built-in, that's an advantage in this AVR but you can very well connect a powered amp to its "subwoofer" output.

This o/p in any AVR is meant to connect powered subs

Re: Onkyo HT-R330 5.1 channel HomeTheater DolbyDigital/DTS AV receiver and Amp -- Rs

dealwise said:
That is incorrect info. The fact that Onkyo includes a passive sub with it doesn't mean that you can't connect an active sub to it.

It does have sub amp built-in, that's an advantage in this AVR but you can very well connect a powered amp to its "subwoofer" output.

This o/p in any AVR is meant to connect powered subs

I m sorry,but there is no sub preout,then how to connect powersub?
I guess only 2 ways-
1.Sub power out(avr) to highlevel in(SW)
2.Front spk out(amp) to Sub high line in

Not sure the 1st opt is fine.

spirovious said:
I m sorry,but there is no sub preout,then how to connect powersub?
I guess only 2 ways-
1.Sub power out(avr) to highlevel in(SW)
2.Front spk out(amp) to Sub high line in

Not sure the 1st opt is fine.

Yes, option '1' applies.
More details here: Powered Subwoofer Connection?

Re: **PRICE DROPPED** Onkyo HT-R330 5.1 chn HomeTheater DolbyDigital/DTS AV receiver

Dealwise...envy the fact that your dad loves GOOD music...my dad thinks sony 5.1 (blech) is good enough..
Just want to recommend that since you are negotiating other components also...put up pix and prices for the same or the mods will close this thread.

Re: **PRICE DROPPED** Onkyo HT-R330 5.1 chn HomeTheater DolbyDigital/DTS AV receiver

Poga said:
Dealwise...envy the fact that your dad loves GOOD music...my dad thinks sony 5.1 (blech) is good enough..
Just want to recommend that since you are negotiating other components also...put up pix and prices for the same or the mods will close this thread.

Thanks for the suggestion. I sure will try to create threads with pcis/price of those items, need to find some time. Anyhow, link to pics of the item in title of this thread is already there.

Back from Hong Kong, so giving this thread a new life

kef c-40 & pinacle AC50 ( or is it AC500?)- these are passive bookshelves,right? which would excel in the speech/vocals range ? price?

delhiboy1000 said:
kef c-40 & pinacle AC50 ( or is it AC500?)- these are passive bookshelves,right? which would excel in the speech/vocals range ? price?

Yes, both pairs are passive bookshelves. I found them both excellent for speech/vocals, not much of a difference.

KEF for Rs 8K, Pinnacle for Rs 6.5K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back