Price Updates from Nehru Place (Delhi)

blackperl said:
i bought it from RR systems

it cost 11500/

anyone knows what's the price for ATI 4650 and ATI 4670 graphics cards ??

After searching for almost 2 hours, I was on the verge of giving up and picking up Benq 2420 instead. But the hardwork paid off in the end, I got it from a small shop which luckily had it in stock. He quoted me a price of 11.8k, got it for 10.9k after negotiating.

C2C has a pathetic service. The worst shop that you can buy stuff from. Computer Empire is the best when it comes to prices. The first floor shop is too damn packed all the time to even consider going inn therefore always visit their 2nd floor shop which is a bit bigger and spacious. The only problem with CE I observed was that they didn't really care if you were buying a 1k product from them or a 100k one. They almost always behave the same way (Rude & Impatient). SMC on the other hand has a much calmer atmosphere and a bunch of knowledgeable staff. When I went to SMC and showed him the price quote of CE, he gave up and bluntly said that he cannot match CE prices. Since the overall difference was coming close to 1.5k, I decided to go with CE.

thanks for the review :)...i plan to buy my pc from CE itself today...they certainly gave me a quote which was near CTC but a diff of around 1.5K from SMC....so i'll buy from CE...

one thing i want to know is do they assemble the PC in front of you? and do they charge for assembling?

@Cooler : CE charges 150 bucks for assembling. They will assemble in front of you. I did not pay them the assembling charge though because I bought products worth 70k from them. Try negotiating.

@apex : Contech Systems. I don't remember the shop number, have to search for the card. They are pretty famous I guess. The shop is on the opposite building of CE. But IIRC they had only one P2350 in stock which I bought. :p The unavailability of P2350 is probably because it is being replaced with P2370. Almost the same monitor but with an HDMI port and you pay 5k more just for that. :| It is priced at somewhere around 15k-16k.

@Rahul : Got my p2350 for 10.9k after bargaining.

Bluffmaster said:
The only problem with CE I observed was that they didn't really care if you were buying a 1k product from them or a 100k one. They almost always behave the same way (Rude & Impatient). SMC on the other hand has a much calmer atmosphere and a bunch of knowledgeable staff.

of this there is no doubt. computer empire refused to sell me one product because i had inquired prices for 3 products and said they will only sell all three to me. idiots.

i went to smc and he matched the prices and even sold a couple of items cheaper than ce. but he didn't have one product but told me he'll have it in a couple of days.

in short smc>>>ce.

Bluffmaster said:
@apex : Contech Systems. I don't remember the shop number, have to search for the card. They are pretty famous I guess. The shop is on the opposite building of CE. But IIRC they had only one P2350 in stock which I bought. :p The unavailability of P2350 is probably because it is being replaced with P2370. Almost the same monitor but with an HDMI port and you pay 5k more just for that. :| It is priced at somewhere around 15k-16k.
Thanks for the info. Paying 5K for HDMI port is useless as you can get a Dell IPS panel in that range. But this monitor has very good asthetics though :)

Seagate 1TB 7200.12 @ Rs 3490 from Direct Advantage :) Trust me guys you just give this guy a visit and you will forget all shops, lowest prices in NP.

H_D said:
Seagate 1TB 7200.12 @ Rs 3490 from Direct Advantage :) Trust me guys you just give this guy a visit and you will forget all shops, lowest prices in NP.
where is this shop located? how is their customer service?

H_D said:
I wonder how Delta in Chennai is selling it for Rs 3350/-.. :S:S

raxy said:
where is this shop located? how is their customer service?

If you will stand in front SMC/CE/C2C, just keep going on your right-hand side. 6-7 shops after CE will take you to DA, they also have a board with their name. So it will not be difficult to find the shop.

rahul.. said:
@ H_D
do they sell monitor as well...?

They sell everything, you just take prices from other shops and then go there, they will quote lower than others. ;)

Back