Price updates from S.P. Road (Bangalore)

Pavan Compter Inc, SP Road

Intel i7 920 - 13550

Gigabyte UD3R - 11500

Gigabyte UD5 - 16800

Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 6GB Kit - 10150

CM HAF 922 - 6450

CM HAF 932 - 9850

Seagate 1TB 7200.12 - 4000

Corsair TX750 - 6850

Also said, he will reduce the price a little more on the day of purchase.

Hi,

I like to know the price of the following components.

Intel® Core™ i5-750 Processor.
Compatible motherboard with in 7000/- .
2GB Ram DDR3.
1 GB graphics card with directx 10 support.
Cabinet with SMPS having 500W PSU.
tell me a good monitor of 19 inch and greater.
5.1 speaker system.
Keyboard Mouse.

Please help me to get the price of the above following components, and help me in which shop i will get all this thing cheaper.

guys ,
i configured the following rig

Q: What is your budget?

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - Intel i5 750
Motherboard - ??
GPU - gtx 2XX , ATI 5850
RAM- 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Monitor - 22' or 24'
CABINET -??
SMPS- ??
Optical drive- BD-DVD combo
wireless card- ??
others- within budget

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
no,not for atleast 1 year
after that maybe RAM

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Bangalore

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
1.Gaming
2.Watching HD movies
3.CAD(mechanical)

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
none, however please suggest brands with better after sales service,

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Crysis
GTA
COD
Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1280x728 ,AA settings
Desktop - 1440x900

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Yes

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

I need mainly brand advice with cost.I am a newbie with hardware ,so please give pre buying advice,such as quality checks etc.also is it to get better service by paying a premium?
plan to go to sp road on saturday.
thanks

@madcrazyboys: I used to buy stuff from Jainex when he setup shop a few years back. In fact, most of my Seagate 300/320 GB PATA HDDs were from him as he used to give real good pricing. Then he started selling aat prices closer to the others, but no negative experiences though!

CPU - Intel i5 750 - 9.5K

MOBO - INTEL DP55KG FOR i5 750 - 10.2K, coz INTEL PRODUCTS ARE MUCH MORE RELIABLE ANG LONG LASTING.

GPU - GO FOR XFX ATI 5850 1GB DDR5 - XFX MODELS ARE MUCH BETTER DAN THEIR COUNTERPARTS IN TERMS OF QUALITY N SERVICE - 18K

RAM - GO FOR CORSAIR 2X2GB - TRUST ME SOMETIMES HAVING 2 RAMS IS HELPFUL - 6.2K

LCD - DELL 23" S2309W WITH HDMI,WEBCAM,DVI = 14K

CABINET - CW690 PURE - 5K

SMPS - GO FOR INBUILT COOLERMASTER SMPS, NOTHING MORE IS REQUIRED OR U HAVE AN OPTION TO CHANGE IT TO CORSAIR BUT FOR MIN OF 600W

DVD RW - SAMSUNG 22X DVDRW SATA BLACK - 1200

Wireless card - GO FOR DELL PRODUCTS THEY ARE AWESUM BUT M NOT SURE OF D RATE.

M PRETTY SURE D GROSS SUM WILL BE UNDER UR BUDGET :hap2:

HIMANSHU

nick_17in said:
CPU - Intel i5 750 - 9.5K

MOBO - INTEL DP55KG FOR i5 750 - 10.2K, coz INTEL PRODUCTS ARE MUCH MORE RELIABLE ANG LONG LASTING.

GPU - GO FOR XFX ATI 5850 1GB DDR5 - XFX MODELS ARE MUCH BETTER DAN THEIR COUNTERPARTS IN TERMS OF QUALITY N SERVICE - 18K

SMPS - GO FOR INBUILT COOLERMASTER SMPS, NOTHING MORE IS REQUIRED OR U HAVE AN OPTION TO CHANGE IT TO CORSAIR BUT FOR MIN OF 600W

:rofl:

I appreciate ur enthusiasm to help but don't recommend without knwing indian scenario.

XFX has one of the worst service in India according to users here.....(I had 2 XFX cards and they were built to last.)

Why would anyone buy Corsair when Ripjaws 1600mhz come under <5k

Intel mobo- no need to say more:eek:hyeah:

SMPS::O

EDIT: and dont put ur phone number

I appreciate ur enthusiasm to help but don't recommend without knwing indian scenario.

XFX has one of the worst service in India according to users here.....(I had 2 XFX cards and they were built to last.)

Intel mobo- no need to say more

SMPS:

Thanks friends for ur replies
So which brands should I buy?Which ones have good service centers in bangalore?Also does any dealer have a premium service option at a certain cost?

Right now I am buying powercolor hd 5850. 15.5k

The mobo I am going for the msi p55 gd65. I have heard their after sales service is really bad but I hope nothing happens to my mobo:) the mobo comes for 9k

As far as reviews go people have recommended me the Corsair 650tX for power - 6800

And the 1kva apc ups. And yes cabinet I was planning to go with the Cooler master 690. But its a tad costly, so am going with the NZXT Gamma and adding Two intake and Two exhaust fans.

The only things I would change in your config might be the psu and the mobo.

And LCD if you wanna reduce the cost go for the 23.5" Samsung P2350. - 11k. But this doesnt have hdmi, dvi etc., I didnt want all of these but not sure abt you.

vijayallenraj said:
The mobo I am going for the msi p55 gd65. I have heard their after sales service is really bad but I hope nothing happens to my mobo:) the mobo comes for 9k

dude, I see u havent bought your config yet... :) maybe we can go this weekend together...

anyways, if you are worried about MSI service, then why not go for Asus P7P55D/E? It costs around 500 more than the MSI you are going for. But if you are getting MSI for Xfire/SLI or some reason like that, then I understand, it makes sense.

anyways, I have placed order for P7P55DE from TE dealer. Donno when he'll post it on eBay.. hopefully will manage to get a 10% coupon from somewhere... :)

M PRETTY SURE D GROSS SUM WILL BE UNDER UR BUDGET
Dude, you need a new Keyboard. The Capslock key on your keyboard seems to be broken :eek:hyeah:
and other things Gowt1ham pointed out.

dude, I see u havent bought your config yet... maybe we can go this weekend together...

Sure if my the weekend I dont buy my system then we can go. I'll pm you.

anyways, if you are worried about MSI service, then why not go for Asus P7P55D/E? It costs around 500 more than the MSI you are going for. But if you are getting MSI for Xfire/SLI or some reason like that, then I understand, it makes sense.

anyways, I have placed order for P7P55DE from TE dealer. Donno when he'll post it on eBay.. hopefully will manage to get a 10% coupon from somewhere...

Yeah I considered that, but yes I plan to go crossfire in about 3 months time, and also this board offers good oc ability.

m an indian too buddy so i m very well informed bout d indian scenario :rofl:

i dunno bout user experiences but i myself had used sapphire as well as msi, both of dem had heating issues but the current xfx one is smooth as cream n sometimes u need performance rather dan after service satisfaction. Its been 1.5 years wid xfx and i dont think of replacing it now, dat explains :cool2:

I was being a little brand conscious ;) but yeah if u find ripjaws cool den go for it... i looked for d best.

Intel mobo- no need to say more:eek:hyeah:

My 12 years of experience with asus, gygabite and Intel tells me to choose intel. no need to say more.

I was saving some bucks for the person and also 600W is more dan enuff for an i5 processor and HD 5850, but if u want suggest an extra corsair for the poor chap :rofl:

EDIT: and dont put ur phone number

Yeah will remember frm now on, thanks buddy :eek:hyeah:

PS : Dont judge my knowledge by d tag of newbie :D i may b newbie here but not in d field of gaming or constructing rigs :p

Himanshu

manju2manju said:
Is it best to buy computer in Bangalore or Hubli

Hey really have no info about Hubli scenario, but I'd say Bangalore would be better. But best for you would be to order online esp. if you are gonna use the system in Hubli. You dont have bother about transporting from Bangalore to Hubli. But fragile and bulky stuff like Monitor, Cabinet etc..., would be best to buy locally.

brainfart said:
Also does any dealer have a premium service option at a certain cost?

I certainly haven't seen any dealers at B'lore offering this. I was at Mumbai earlier, and many dealers at Lamington road had a repair center on the floor above the shop.

At B'lore, all that the dealers seem to know is "Sell Sell Sell" :lol:

^ hey dude bangalore dealers do have repair centre hidden in alleyways - I believe its owned by distributors though. Forget abt getting service frm store keepers though, its usually distributors who handle RMA.

@ nicky17.....I dont want to argue more with u and crap this thread.
But my tiny tiny 6 months of being in TE tells me not to pick a CM extreme power PSU(even if it can handle my rig) 2. avoid intel mobos at any cost....(they lack lot of features and overpriced than competitors)

If u have read my post I am the last person here to suggest Corasir PSU(as it gets lot of attention as it is).....there are lots of option <4k like FSP, CM real power, tagan, Seasonic.

I went to SP road Bangalore last week, and whenever i asks for a product they dial some one and ask for the price. Who are these guys they dial to. Is there any way to contact them directly. Coz i am starting a new shop in trivandrum, so i will need some stuff at dealer price.

Of course, Bangalore. Hubli is some remote place in N Karnataka, where the technology available seems to be 5 years old and at a higher price. :)

Best is Mumbai (Lamington Road), where u get the latest and greatest. Also there is enough competition, so prices will be reasonable.
Second is Bangalore, and any other metro.

But the best of all, are the dealers in TE. I have bought some products while assembling my PC. No one can beat these buys.

manju2manju said:
Is it best to buy computer in Bangalore or Hubli

ashoktvm said:
I went to SP road Bangalore last week, and whenever i asks for a product they dial some one and ask for the price. Who are these guys they dial to. Is there any way to contact them directly. Coz i am starting a new shop in trivandrum, so i will need some stuff at dealer price.
They usually call the distributor guy to know the current price were they add there interest to it and they tel it to us...

generally it happens like this
Importer -> Distributor -> Retailer -> Customer

Back