Pricing of Old Gen cards like 2080ti for selling

The GPU situation is fked up mainly due to this stupid cryptocurrency mining. The pandemic may not be that big of a culprit behind it..

Also things like GPUs do not come under basic necessities that we need to worry much about ethics as such. I feel frustrated with cases where certain scums sold fake hand sanitizers, masks and black marketed the covid medicines. Hope such people get a good taste of karma soon.

Anyways coming to selling these used 2080ti s.. Just for my amusement I want to know how much insane pricing could they really be sold for..

Just saw another post asking 20k for a 1070. Wondering whether I should sell my 2060 for 30-35k :D
Oh I had no idea that this was due to the cryptocurrency damn.

Well I guess you may consider selling yours then, Lol. 1070 for 20k LMFAO. I guess I will sell my damned 970 now too and wait till the cryptocurrency craze is over.

The highest of highest end nvidia cards were starting from 60k onwards, but now 60 series are selling at those prices. Will quit gaming but won't buy the cards at those prices.

The GPU situation is fked up mainly due to this stupid cryptocurrency mining. The pandemic may not be that big of a culprit behind it..

Also things like GPUs do not come under basic necessities that we need to worry much about ethics as such. I feel frustrated with cases where certain scums sold fake hand sanitizers, masks and black marketed the covid medicines. Hope such people get a good taste of karma soon.

Anyways coming to selling these used 2080ti s.. Just for my amusement I want to know how much insane pricing could they really be sold for..

Just saw another post asking 20k for a 1070. Wondering whether I should sell my 2060 for 30-35k :D
FYI, something I read on Reddit.
Apparently, the difficulty to mine Etherium has gone up considerably and it is not so profitable right now. There are no other coins currently to replace it with that is this profitable.
So in the next 1 month or so prices will start coming down and used cards at reasonable prices will start to come out.

Information from the mining subreddit as told and confirmed by a few people in the Indian Gaming subreddit.

2060 is being sold for 40-45k right now in the used market sometimes.
Brand new someone was able to find one for 40k. I know people willing to pay 40k+ for a used RTX 2060 (not 2060 super).

I was able to get a 1080 gigabyte card with 3 months warranty left for less than 20k. I got extremely lucky.
I actually think I used my up luck quota for this decade acquiring that card.

1070 for 20K, are you talking about the MSI frozr twin fan card from the member Arun, because that is whole together another fiasco with fake morphed bills and false representations.
Read that full thread.

Last edited:
FYI, something I read on Reddit.
Apparently, the difficulty to mine Etherium has gone up considerably and it is not so profitable right now. There are no other coins currently to replace it with that is this profitable.
So in the next 1 month or so prices will start coming down and used cards at reasonable prices will start to come out.

Information from the mining subreddit as told and confirmed by a few people in the Indian Gaming subreddit.

2060 is being sold for 40-45k right now in the used market sometimes.
Brand new someone was able to find one for 40k. I know people willing to pay 40k+ for a used RTX 2060 (not 2060 super).

I was able to get a 1080 gigabyte card with 3 months warranty left for less than 20k. I got extremely lucky.
I actually think I used my up luck quote for this decade acquiring that card.

1070 for 20K, are you talking about the MSI frozr twin fan card from the member Arun, because that is whole together another fiasco with fake morphed bills and false representations.
Read that full thread.

I don't follow the cryptocurrency scene so hope you are right and the market comes back to normal soon..

And yes I had indeed told about that same 1070 card put up for sale at 20k. Just went back to check the thread and boy it was entertaining. Atleast now no one will dare to even consider buying that card at such price and the seller can shove it where it belongs :D

lol consider the buyer nightmare dealing with him, unfortunately its me lol but its really sad when such people get away
On topic, I saw an add on OLX for 3060 at 1L I mean are you kidding me :banghead: By this logic OP is right in asking such price :)

Would be good if someone is tracking the mining scene and posting updates here too. But unsure how quickly the pricing in India wtill drop even if the mining slows down. GPUs might be more available but the demand will keep up, this time from gamers instead of miners so the prices could remain high. Just spitballing. There's also silicon shortage to be considered.

Eagerly waiting for this fiasco to end. But accordingly to some this may very well go on till 2022.
All I need for now is a 1070 for a decent price, until I can get my hands on a 3070

My computer vendor has been working with me for the past 16 years. He said one thing - if it is not life or death, don't buy a GPU. He said if you have extra money, then buy it. He suggested me to upgrade everything but the GPU. Mining is one thing and then there are scalpers.
Would be good if someone is tracking the mining scene and posting updates here too. But unsure how quickly the pricing in India wtill drop even if the mining slows down. GPUs might be more available but the demand will keep up, this time from gamers instead of miners so the prices could remain high. Just spitballing. There's also silicon shortage to be considered.
Give it this year end. If Ethereum 2.0 is Introduced, then GPU mining is dead.

Even before eth 2.0 profitability is taking big hit with increasing difficulty and lower rewards. Mining bubble will burst before July - sept. People building mining rigs now will never earn their investment back.

My computer vendor has been working with me for the past 16 years. He said one thing - if it is not life or death, don't buy a GPU. He said if you have extra money, then buy it. He suggested me to upgrade everything but the GPU. Mining is one thing and then there are scalpers.

Give it this year end. If Ethereum 2.0 is Introduced, then GPU mining is dead.
IMO unless the crypto prices come down it's not gonna affect the GPU miners. If ETH moves to PoS then miners will simply move to another coin. ETH is highly profitable now mainly because of the fees. With EIP-1559 hard fork scheduled for July they might switch coins even sooner.

Given how celebs and tech companies are going all in on crypto this bull run might continue for some more time.

I saw some videos on youtube wherein 2080 ti new is being sold in range of 60k along with 2080 and super version. these are the cards one can buy as these are not much efficient in mining.
considering current market it is a fair price, very fair price i would say.

Back