Printing Photographs

touzeen

Doctor Pen and Scalpel
Adept
Wanna print out and frame some photographs of mine.

This would be my first one @ 10in by 14in ,its a pic of my Grandma and she passed away soon after I took this pic,so holds a lot of value to our family

37436_404326616007_710796007_4927278_666540_n.jpg

anyone have any exp in printing and can tell me about the process/cost?

like wat paper,ink and stuff? total noob at printing.

the easiest option for you will be to go to a photo lab, who have professional level printers.. they should charge you anywhere between 50 to 100 bucks depending on the quality.. the paper you can use is gloss or matt photo paper.. i personally prefer matt over gloss.. it looks much better and theres a certain texture to the print..

Ive used Snapfish (HP)'s service and their quality isnt very consistent , at times Ive received prints which had a totally off colour balance compared to original but they agreed to ship replacements instantly.

Eventually I found a local printing lab (Fotolite , have few branches in Mumbai ) and their print quality has been really awesome . They charge about 70-80 bucks for single prints and provide discount on larger quantity . :)

For special photos, I suggest you get them printed on canvas. Zoomin offers canvas prints. There is also a dedicated Canvas print online store whose name I just cannot remember right now.

While printing, make the photo bit sharp than we keep it generally for web use..

You can choose among Matte, Glossy (there are metallic, semi gloss etc also) paper.. Also, choose good quality paper for long life of photo..
While glossy while have a good saturation and color boast, matte has a good texture ppl love (photo get bit dark though)

If planning to frame, before sticking the photo to glass, ask him to add a layer of thermal lamination, or UV coating(or similar) so that the photo doesnt come in direct contact with glass...

If you are real noob (which I hope you arent) its better to go at local lab and look at sample of each object (matte, lamination etc) before going for final things.
Can also order prints from zoomin.com or canvera.com... wont recommend snapfish.com personally.

PS : Can look at canvas print also.. had never got it done so cant comment.

Zoomin.com is great. I have tried them for about 800 snaps. One of the best print qualities. If you have lots to print,,just upload them and wait..till they come out with offers..

Back