Probably got scammed. Need advise on what to do

Almost all NGO's are a scam, have received many calls in the past but i have blasted them on the phone, no need to fight with NGO owners and employees here, it is obvious that they will justify their lavish lifestyle, Mercedes/ Audi/ BMW etc.. as it is for their so-called greater good.

Who are you to decide the approach and extent of application? You see the extent of help they give out to people, how much change each rupee donated brings in the lives of the people they are wrking for.
Guess you misinterpreted most of the content discussed here.
If you recheck the title, the OP has been scammed by a fake NGO and my point in this whole thread is to spot the Trojan among the numerous NGO's
If you check my post # 30, Govt tightens scrutiny of accounts of foreign-funded NGO
Recently, more than 31,000 NGOs were served notices by the government for not filing annual returns on their foreign donations. In 2011-12, notices were sent to 21,493 associations which had not submitted annual returns under FCRA for the years 2006-07, 2007-08 and 2008-09. In 2014, notices were issued to 10,343 associations which had not filed annual returns from 2009-10 to 2011-12.
Why are these NGO's not following procedures/processes as per your post # 33
A professional will tune the organization into processes,
A genuine organisation will surely follow auditing procedures and probably won't end up scamming people.
A very small handful nos of NGO's are serving their purpose in the society.
The rest are misleading people with the picture of social responsibility.

Last year, a child trafficking case came up in Kerala.
The news was not hyped much as a religious community was involved and went esoteric limited to local news channels
Kerala HC directs CBI to file affidavit on child trafficking case
Probe needed into bringing of 500 kids from other states to Kerala: CBI
Children were trafficked for attracting foreign funds specially from the Middle East.
This definitely is a common case happening in this country.
Appropriate precaution needs to be taken when you have charity,social responsibility,etc in mind.

Guess you misinterpreted most of the content discussed here.
If you recheck the title, the OP has been scammed by a fake NGO and my point in this whole thread is to spot the Trojan among the numerous NGO's
If you check my post # 30, Govt tightens scrutiny of accounts of foreign-funded NGO

Why are these NGO's not following procedures/processes as per your post # 33

A genuine organisation will surely follow auditing procedures and probably won't end up scamming people.
A very small handful nos of NGO's are serving their purpose in the society.
The rest are misleading people with the picture of social responsibility.

Last year, a child trafficking case came up in Kerala.
The news was not hyped much as a religious community was involved and went esoteric limited to local news channels
Kerala HC directs CBI to file affidavit on child trafficking case
Probe needed into bringing of 500 kids from other states to Kerala: CBI
Children were trafficked for attracting foreign funds specially from the Middle East.
This definitely is a common case happening in this country.
Appropriate precaution needs to be taken when you have charity,social responsibility,etc in mind.
I didnt misinterpret sh!t. Now that you have lost the argument you move the goalpost. LOL

The discussion graduated to blindly name call NGOs so I came in with an alternate and real view. This govt has spread mistrust continuously about the Press and the NGOs. They NGOs have done a lot of work and spread a low of awareness about Modi's darkside. His riot victims were supported by a lot of these NGOs and helped them in court battles. That is why the crack down.

Sure some of them are out there with vested interests, but others have their own views, which might not favor the current govt but aren't anti national either. They have a right to their own view. Bhakts want everyone to sing praises of BJP and RSS and if they dont they are anti national. NGOs are like any other organizations. Go check the number of registered companies that dont fine returns and stuff. Its just like that everywhere in india. People take compliance very lightly. Unless things are made simpler it will continue to be like that.

FCRA norms have been misused by the govt againt ngos like Greenpeace. You will find hundreds of articles slamming and justifying them. You have already picked a side so no point arguing. Ive argued with enough illogical bhakts out here. Nothing is black and white. Some orgs do use NGOs, but plenty more out there who do trememdous work. You can sit in your home and criticise them, but that wont change the fact that they are doing much more in helping people than you will do in 10 lifetimes.

Last edited:
Almost all NGO's are a scam, have received many calls in the past but i have blasted them on the phone, no need to fight with NGO owners and employees here, it is obvious that they will justify their lavish lifestyle, Mercedes/ Audi/ BMW etc.. as it is for their so-called greater good.
You will rarely find an NGO owner in a Merc. Please. Some of them are business men with NGOs. Some of these do good work, others ahve it to siphon tax. This is India you have all kinds.. A lot of them are rich from birth, 1000s of crores in money from forefathers, so they just do social work during the day and attend lavish parties at night. Now you cant expect this millionaire to travel by bus just cause he has an NGO.

Again, only saying cause ive seen a lot more of this field.[DOUBLEPOST=1435910150][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyway, wasted enought time here. Unwatching the thread.

Last edited:
Back