CPU/Mobo Problem with new gigabyte 970chipset mobo

The crucial rams have lowest speed of 1600Mhz at cl9. At cl10 they have speed of 880 or something & @cl11 the speed is 9xx.
The top speed of value ram is 1600 @cl11 and lowest speed is 1333@ cl10.

Edit: seems like the fx8320 & fx8350 chips gives incorrect info about temps below 40°c. Searched Google and lot of guys have this problem. Seems like AMD did not calibrate the temps correctly below 40c.
Below 40c the temps show lower than what they should be. Usually they are around the 15c-20c range. In reality, actual temps would be from 25-39c.
Above 40c the temps show up perfectly in hwinfo & core temp.

My CPU usually idles around 17c. With movie playing it goes up to 18-21. With full load, it did show 41-45 once for few seconds and after program completed, temps fell drastically to that 20c range.

Last edited:
you mean the speed of ram changes when you change Timings ? Strange ! AFAIK ram timings can be set without changing ram speed.

See this cpuz screenshot.
1391745350832.jpg

I'll attach the corsair one later.

And the bad luck continues!
One of the crucial rams sticks became faulty. Windows would freeze completely out of the blue while playing movies or doing nothing also.

At first with both sticks installed, I ran memtest86 & windows memory diagnostic. Weirdly the rams passed both tests.
But in windows, the problem was still there.
So I decided to test each memory stick individually.
Test was done in this manner.
For each ram - slot1, windows mem test, and after booting into windows, a short prime95 test. After that play some videos for half hour.
Did the same test with the same ram in slot 3 too.

Corsair ram passed all tests.
Crucial memory 1 passed all tests.
Crucial memory 2 failed in prime95 and video tests. In prime95 in torture test it freezes windows exactly at test 2. Ran this test thrice and every time, windows would freeze at exact same test.
Then ran a video file and windows rebooted suddenly within 5 minutes of starting the video.

How did the memory pass memtest86 without errors but fails in prime95?
I'm tired of this rma s---t. :(

I've a bad feeling about the Crucial Ram modules selling here. I don't think they are of proper quality hence cheap. Won't suggest anyone to buy Crucial ram modules unless there's a trusted seller / distributor.

Back