OC & Modding Project Kraken : Water Cooled Monstrosity (Worklog)

what kind of games that you used to play in old days?
what is the heaviest and hardest games nowadays?

Hmmm... I played all kinds FPS, Strategy, RPG, Arcade but I like Multiplayer games the most

So maximum hours devoted to AOE, CS, TF2, BF2 and now its going into Bf3

Guys I need your help and suggestions....

I am planning to get sleeving for the cables... Now I am planning to place an order with MDPC-X for a

1 kit which has 30m of black which I may not use except for the ground wires
20m white
20m aquamarine blue (UV)
2m white shrink
2m blue heat shrink (Can skip this as I will have black heat shrink which goes well with blue)

Do you think its a good combination for sleeving all cables. White and blue for the PSU ATX and PCIe cables. Rest would black

- - - Updated - - -

A rough plan of water cooling loop.... What do you guys think

Setup 1 by ronnie_gogs, on Flickr

Where is the pump located in that figure above? :ashamed:

Challenge for you locate the pumps (2 MCP 655s) in the picture above ... Oh yeah I placed an order with MDPC-X

Ordering 30m of each blue, white and black sleeving... Might need more later but for now it should be fine :)

MDPC-X by ronnie_gogs, on Flickr

Hey Ron, I'm looking to also build a rig in the next two weeks or so.. Just wanted to know what your impressions of the Switch 810 case are?

Im really interested in picking up this case too, however on sites like newegg and youtube, I've seen a lot of people say that the build quality is lacking and the plastic feels flimsy. Would really appreciate any input. Thanks.

Hey Ron, I'm looking to also build a rig in the next two weeks or so.. Just wanted to know what your impressions of the Switch 810 case are?

Im really interested in picking up this case too, however on sites like newegg and youtube, I've seen a lot of people say that the build quality is lacking and the plastic feels flimsy. Would really appreciate any input. Thanks.

Well first of all I liked the case the moment it was announced a few months back. It was a really well thought out design IMO with attention to water cooled builds like mine.

Things which I like about the case
1) Modular design - I can easily remove the HDD cages, front panel, fan filters, top panel
2) Size - Full tower and huge. I can fit a 420mm and a 280mm radiator inside it
3) Price - Compared to a Silverstone TJ07 or Corsair 800D its half the price

Build wise it is all steel so it is very heavy to move around unlike an aluminum case. There is a fair amount of plastic used but it doesn't bother me as much. The functionality is great and works really well. Newegg reviews arent that reliable really and most of youtube reviews have been really favorable of the case. It has a massive fan following with every major international forum site having atleast a couple of builds in progress now. For example just in vrzone right now there are 3 builds in progress.

Its great for modding too and built to be customized.

If you have high budget and want something better pick up a TJ07 or if your budget is really high get a TJ11 which can be dismantled into tiny pieces. Then you have high end cases from Europe like LD PC-V8 - LD Cooling Computer Cases

All depends on your budget and what you are looking for. For me the Switch 810 was a perfect choice.

Just to give a scale of its following
Official NZXT Switch 810 thread

And if you want you can hear this guy review it for 1 Hour :O

Hey thanks for the tips and helpful links. I picked up the case yesterday and I must say that this case is a BEAST in person. Youtube videos really dont do it justice, it absolutely massive.
For now I am just in awe of its beauty. I also must add that the build quality is great and those reviews I read were off the mark. Anyway, Im hoping to complete my build in the next week or so. Really happy with the Switch 810, great job from NZXT. :)
Once again thanks for helping me out.

Hey thanks for the tips and helpful links. I picked up the case yesterday and I must say that this case is a BEAST in person. Youtube videos really dont do it justice, it absolutely massive.
For now I am just in awe of its beauty. I also must add that the build quality is great and those reviews I read were off the mark. Anyway, Im hoping to complete my build in the next week or so. Really happy with the Switch 810, great job from NZXT. :)
Once again thanks for helping me out.

Welcome to the Switch 810 club... It is a great case.

A big order for my water cooling was just shipped from US so I should be able to finish off my build soon. Do share your build once its done.

Woot all parts arrived ... US performance pcs and MDPC-X germany

In office now so pics later... Its all systems go now

Update

Package from Performance PCs :)

240mm radiator
Thickness 45mm
Nexxxos XT45 240mm

Untitled by ronnie_gogs, on Flickr

420mm Nexxxos UT60
Thickness 60mm

420mm to 240mm together

Silver killcoils

Koolance QDC (Quick Disconnects)

4 pairs of QDC to make the water cooling modular to remove the hardware without emptying loop

Bitspower black sparkle 45 and 90 degree connectors

Some more compression and extensions

bOY... O boy .... Are we on Planet Earth ............ wot gizmos ??? :sign72: but RELISHING all this :construction:

What I am now beginning to appreciate the MOST is the NZXT Switch 810 ..... (and just forget about all the pessimistic thoughts on TE or Newegg ) ..... it's a modder's DELIGHT period!

(Any modder would love to RIP apart his whole cabby ....and this is where NZXT has already done the spade work)

You have had the foresight to see what this cabby could offer and now proving it .... I too almost would want to have grabbed it (except for the fact that I did not dare to venture into the realm of the unknown ....MODDING@infinity), that's where I chose the CM Storm Stryker.

Carry on .... this BUILD has already gone beyond our stratosphere.

Terry

Any updates...? Whats taking so long...? ...can't wait to see it up and running....

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry if I did not follow completly, I have been travelling alot!!!
...but how many rads are you planning on adding? I think I saw 2 already correct me if I am wrong.

If you are adding more than that why dont you have 2 different loops then, it much better than one huge one.

There are many benifits to dual loop over one single huge one, I am sure you can think of thepositives, now that you have so many Quick disconnects maybe a dual loop is better,
and you can configure the rads/loops depending on how much you OC which component.
Just a thought.

I wanted to add my GPU to the loop but didn't at the end, just cause I thought it is better to get another loop all together for it itself if I want to.
I just got a new GPU so will think about it once I am back from travelling again!!! If I can figure out where to add a 240 Rad I will probably get a second loop for the GPU.

.....anyway think about it. :)

Back