Prolly the most strange problem ever

Sesar

Disciple
I got a Airtel 128 connection..the modem is directly connected to my lan card and it automatically connects to d server when i power up my modem

the problem is when i start any Net related program it just dosen't start (it shows up in taskmanger), but the program that i have started just dosen't shows up and this happens only in net related programs as the rest of d PC runs error free

After rebooting again and again my net programs (firefox, bitcomet) somehow start...but it often takes 5 - 6 restarts.which is damn frustrating

I have Windows XP widout Sp2 (it causes a lot of problems for me)...and this probem use to happen when i had a dial up system..but it only happened very few times..i switched to direct connection after that to solve this very problem,it was ok in the start...but it has started happening regularly now
WHAT ever net related program i start..it shows up in task manager but it just dosen't start...i already scanned fr viruses and i din't find any..nor any spyware or any other stuff

I have never encountered this kind of a problem and it just dosen't makes any sense to me...plz help :(

So are you trying to connnect to net immedeatly after boot up ?

Or are you trying to load the programs immedeatly after boot up ?

What does not happen, browsing the net or loading of the program ?

Anyways, dont do load/start the program immedeatly on startup, wait for say 1-2 minutes and then try, see if it loads in first attempt.

sesar....dude try this.

Ping 192.168.1.1 to check if ur modem is connected to ur pc properly and is running ok...

next the airtel guy must have given u its server IP....ping tht and see wht error it says...

Lastly.. put 192.168.1.1 in ur browser.. put the username and pass give 2 u of ur modem and check on the Wan status...and wht error it shows there..:)

dipdude said:
So are you trying to connnect to net immedeatly after boot up ?

Or are you trying to load the programs immedeatly after boot up ?

What does not happen, browsing the net or loading of the program ?

Anyways, dont do load/start the program immedeatly on startup, wait for say 1-2 minutes and then try, see if it loads in first attempt.
no my modem automatically connects to the net when i power it...and the problem wid programs happens only wid Net related ones...heck even Quake4 and 3ds max load up...but only Net related programs don't show up (they are in taskmanager so techniqally they have started)
no..not even browser or any Net related program whether it be firefox, internet explorer, Bitcomet, Limewire etc. don't start while evry otehr program starts widout hassel

Not sure if these would help you, but worth a try, no harm done :

Clear your prefetch folder(except for layout.ini) it is located at windows/prefetch, reboot 2-3 times.

Defragment your hard drive.

Check for disk errors, start/run/type chkdsk /f.

also after showing in task manager, do you wait or you kill the process and try to restart again.

Well the problem has been away fr some days...but it has creeped up again

Ping 192.168.1.1 to check if ur modem is connected to ur pc properly and is running ok...

next the airtel guy must have given u its server IP....ping tht and see wht error it says...

Lastly.. put 192.168.1.1 in ur browser.. put the username and pass give 2 u of ur modem and check on the Wan status...and wht error it shows there..

i checked my modem...its connected and responding perfectly

I tried to ping the airtel server fr wan status...but the MSdos window kept crashing down before pinging would start

Clear your prefetch folder(except for layout.ini) it is located at windows/prefetch, reboot 2-3 times.
Defragment your hard drive.
Check for disk errors, start/run/type chkdsk /f.

also after showing in task manager, do you wait or you kill the process and try to restart again.

i cleared my prefetch folder and also defragmented my drive (as i do evry 2 weeks)...and also checked for errors

I wait for like 30+ secounds before i open taskmanger and kill the program (they all r Net related so i don't think they need that much time to open up)

its an winxp bug u need to patch it up just install sp2 n then go windows upadate website n update ur pc from there.. then there wud be no problem at all.i had also happened with me even after using sp2 n autopatcher-dec2005 updates.. then i went to windows update n i updated my os n the peob was solved..

i know this problem faced it quite a lot of times tyhe process takes heaps of memory in task manager but just dont shows up normally after some end task and refresh it works fine happens mostly with my old p3 with much less ram 128 mb i'd say if u can do a reinstall .. its mostlikey some spywares or some classic memory virus.
a clean reinstall is best bet else there r lot other ways though.

shahbaaz_vision said:
its an winxp bug u need to patch it up just install sp2 n then go windows upadate website n update ur pc from there.. then there wud be no problem at all.i had also happened with me even after using sp2 n autopatcher-dec2005 updates.. then i went to windows update n i updated my os n the peob was solved..

k.....i'll give it a try

Back