PS3 debuts in India for arnd 40k

Is the grey market ps3 exactly similar(in quality) to the ones bought at sony stores??Or do they use cheaper components??

SOny World will fix it for a fee if the dealer you bought it from won't in the first place.

Are you sure about that?? So if the blu ray drive goes kaput in an yr's time, sony will replace the same!!?? Also won't the stores even offer a 15 days warranty??

Also how long goes it take to download demos like gran turismo HD??

(Sorry for asking too many noob questions:D:D)

I may but this thingy once modchips are available.....there is no way i am paying 2.5k for individual games.

Well, my room partner (rather house partner) here is gonna get a gift from our company as a performance bonus upon the release of the product he is working on. He has to choose between a PS3/XBOX 360, Mac Mini and a Blackberry. He is going in for the Mac Mini. If I would have been given the choice to choose my gift that way, I would have gone in for the PS3 :eek:hyeah: .

The local Planet M near my house has a stock of PS3's, PSP's and XBOX 360's on display and I am very much afraid I would give in to the temptation one day. :ashamed:

The problem with these consoles is not the cost of the console itself, but the cost of the games which are priced too high.

Is the grey market ps3 exactly similar(in quality) to the ones bought at sony stores??Or do they use cheaper components??

That's impossible. Modded or not, they can't change the components.

Are you sure about that?? So if the blu ray drive goes kaput in an yr's time, sony will replace the same!!?? Also won't the stores even offer a 15 days warranty??

I see no reason why they shouldn't. Its a PS3, you need a place to repair it.

And my friend was able to get his PSP broken LCD screen replaced for Rs.4k from Sony World when he bought it from Nepal, there I asked them if they would take in PS3's for repair, I told them I had an American PS3 just to make it more serious, answer was yes.

Also how long goes it take to download demos like gran turismo HD??

You can't, the PS Store hasn't yet opened its doors to India.

Congrats dude,mission PS360 was accomplished as planned :p ..it's kinda embarassing when you look at the x360 and then at the PS3,I know my bro is :rofl: .His friends are playing on my ps3 more than on his x360 and the expression on his face was priceless but tht will soon change when Halo 3 comes out.

I won't be able to play online,exams are near and will be able to play once they are over.Now we need some more guys so we can start our own Racing gang just like the Initial D anime..tried to race the Nitroyakuza gang online in RR7 and tht was a major embarassment.

Have you tried playing resistance in a 40 player slot server,seems there's no lag there too..I'll be there to frag with you or against you once my exams are over.

Will be giving you my new id since I'm gonna delete the fake one,till then enjoy the console.

*In the voice of marlon brando*

Welcome to the family.

PSP and PS3 were meant for each other. With the remote play connection, with your PS3 connected to internet - You can surf internet on your PSP anywhere in the house - the connection stream would travel through Wifi from the PS3, as well as you can view videos and photos off the PS3 harddrive on your PSP via Wifi. Also, PSP will be used as an optional accessory in some PS3 games, like some race game showed off at last E3, where you can connect your PSP to the PS3 and the PSP's screen will act like the side mirror to view cars behind you (you could set up the PSP besides your TV for that).

@Monkey: Im just hoping they roll out the global servers for Resistence soon, since I'll be connecting to the Japanese servers because of my PS3 being NTSC'J, and you'l lbe going off to Euro servers. Right now, there's dedicated servers for all 1st party games (all those from Sony) while all 3rd party games are run on global servers.

Params7 said:
PSP and PS3 were meant for each other. With the remote play connection, with your PS3 connected to internet - You can surf internet on your PSP anywhere in the house - the connection stream would travel through Wifi from the PS3, as well as you can view videos and photos off the PS3 harddrive on your PSP via Wifi. Also, PSP will be used as an optional accessory in some PS3 games, like some race game showed off at last E3, where you can connect your PSP to the PS3 and the PSP's screen will act like the side mirror to view cars behind you (you could set up the PSP besides your TV for that).

@Monkey: Im just hoping they roll out the global servers for Resistence soon, since I'll be connecting to the Japanese servers because of my PS3 being NTSC'J, and you'l lbe going off to Euro servers. Right now, there's dedicated servers for all 1st party games (all those from Sony) while all 3rd party games are run on global servers.

Damn,forgot all about the region compatibilty restrictions..oh well,like you said...I'll wait for the global servers.We should ask Maconie for his PSN id too..so I can increase my hitlist..eh..I mean friends list :p .

The only way we could meet online would be through HOME..btw I hope warhawk allows ppl to play globally cause from the way it looks,one man army is just out of the question.

Yeah, Maconie hasn't posted in a while.

And don't talk about Warhawk now, I can't take it! From this point only, its looking like some sort of an online wet dream. Man I can't wait to snipe your ass out from the bushes while you fly sky high in your fighter plains and machine gun tanks with a 100 other people shooting whatever comes on sight. Just hope this goes on global servers from Day1.

Snipe lol! By seeing the gameplay videos..I doubt anyone would get time to stay in one corner,it's just like one of the videos where some guy saw a tank..hid behind the bushes and a jeep ran over him..ROFL!!

The other thing I liked was in one of the leaked videos which was removed was when you shoot down one of the planes,some of them might explode in mid-air while others just crash to the ground which is also another hazard to ground troops unlike in BF2 where all planes explode in mid-air.

Hmm,the only reason Maconie would be missing could be tht he's still trying to complete Manhunt or is he's having too much fun in motorstorm :p

Oh,btw I can't wait to CQC your ass and then use the octo-camo for quick escapes :tongue:

Back