PS3 from U.S

Solid_Snake said:
Get it legit from Croma 2yrs xtra warranty for just 750....i bought the 60gb one from KSA...it was the EU model with full B/C,it got the YLOD after just 5 months...got quoted 10k for repairs...do u want to risk that??
SOD's can be repaired or just 3k...
As for Blu-Rays...most of them are RF..so no need to worry!!

I would suggest the R2/MS2 pack for 24k with Rs.750 xtra for 2 yrs warranty

Who quoted 10k? 60GB with YLOD here.

Hi,

Does a US purchased PS3 (NTSC) work in India (PAL)? If not, what do I need to do? I have an old LG TV (not LCD / not HD etc.) purchased in 2002... am not sure it has NTSC! How do I find out? Would all blue ray discs, PS3 games purchased in India and regular movie DVDs work on such a system? am completely lost... Any advice greatly appreciated!!

jetivar said:
Hi,

Does a US purchased PS3 (NTSC) work in India (PAL)? If not, what do I need to do? I have an old LG TV (not LCD / not HD etc.) purchased in 2002... am not sure it has NTSC! How do I find out? Would all blue ray discs, PS3 games purchased in India and regular movie DVDs work on such a system? am completely lost... Any advice greatly appreciated!!
Check the manual of the TV and see if it supports NTSC input. Alternatively, you could post the model number of the television and we could look it up on the Internet.

If you have a DVD player attached to it, try playing an NTSC DVD. If the picture turns black and white, then it does not support NTSC mode.

Games on the PS3 are region free and hence it would easily work on your US PS3. DVD and Blu-Ray movies bear region coding, so if they are purchased in India, they may/may not play on your US console.

Guys,

I got a PS3 from US.

What should I do to get it working on a PAL TV?

My TV does not have a HDMI input.

There is no display at all when I connect it to the TV.

Any tips from people who have used PS3 from US would be helpful.

Thanks.

Gannu & Ethan,

Thanks for your replies.

I got it working, so thought of writing couple points on it.

I got the PS3 from US, along with all other games from US.

Earlier, I was unsure whether it would or not, since all the TVs here support PAL.

1. PS3 is region free.It will work in any country, irrespective where its bought.
2. It supports 100-240V. So there is no need to get a step down or a step up convertor for the supply
3. Most of the games now-a-days will support PAL as well as NTSC, thats the way developers design the game.
4. However, if we use HDMI, we won't have any issues with PAL/NTSC.
5. Lastly, in my case I had it set to display HD via HDMI, that the reason why nothing showed up on my TV earlier.
6. I had to reset that setting (by holding the power button for 5-10 seconds & it will automatically detect and change the earlier setting)Now, I have connected it via the usual RCA cable.

I hope, it helps the future people looking having the same issues.

Thanks.

Back