PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

Enjoy the upgraded firmware guys. If anyone of you wishes to volunteer to chalk-up a newbie friendly guide, I'll update that in the original post. I think my Kmeaw's old process needs to take a back seat now. :)

Oh yeah, tell me about it. I feel bad for all of them who upgraded well beyond 3.55 (read: Gannu... LOL... sorry buddy)

Haha no problem bro. :p

Truth to be told, I felt it to be a dick move esp. on the day Uncharted 3 released and figured out it worked on 3.55! But tell you what, this is the sole platform I spend my hard earned money on, which are mostly exclusives so I don't really regret making that move now. Hell I play so many titles on all the 3 platforms and at times I've felt that the developer deserves the credit and money for all the hard work that went into the making of the game. Not much to be spent either. Buy a title, play it, deduct 350~400 off the retail price and sell it off on the forums or eBay. There will always be takers for used titles no matter how old it is or how many times it has exchanged hands. The game's got to be worth at least that much yeah? :)

But yes, 3.55 were the days. Source it, transfer it, play it and delete it. xD

Why didn't you keep any back-up of the original EBOOT files?

There should probably be a repository online for it. How many games are we talking about here?

Hell I play so many titles on all the 3 platforms and at times I've felt that the developer deserves the credit and money for all the hard work that went into the making of the game. Not much to be spent either. Buy a title, play it, deduct 350~400 off the retail price and sell it off on the forums or eBay. There will always be takers for used titles no matter how old it is or how many times it has exchanged hands. The game's got to be worth at least that much yeah? :)

True Dat.

LOL! I still remember it was Satan itself who got his copy faster than any of us. :p

LOL... Man that was a blitzkrieg.

Downloading the firmware now. Will upgrade and get back to you guys with a step-by-step Tut not that it's any different from KMEAW.

Thanks Ethan_Hunt.... Will surely Contact you :) Cheero

- - - Updated - - -

Guys...One final question.
Do I need to be in 3.55 to go to Rogero 4.3? or Can we go to Rogero 4.3 in any PS3?

- - - Updated - - -

#Ethan_hunt

- - - Updated - - -

Ok Got it...I need to be in CFW/OFW 3.55 to go to any CFW's be it Rebug or Rogero.
I am not able to identify exactly what needs to be done to downgrade back to OFW/CFW 3.55

Ok Got it...I need to be in CFW/OFW 3.55 to go to any CFW's be it Rebug or Rogero.
I am not able to identify exactly what needs to be done to downgrade back to OFW/CFW 3.55

It's quite simple actually - You can find all the details in the link I posted earlier.

Excerpts from the post

Downgrading back to 3.55 is always possible using the following steps :

- Download the Downgrader PUP
- Rename the downloaded file to "PS3UPDAT.PUP" and put it on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP"
- While on Rogero CFW4.30, go to System Update from XMB and install the Downgrader PUP.
- After the Downgrader PUP installs you'll be on a hybrid CFW3.55 that will still shows the spoofed ver4.21 from system settings.
- In case you didn't have it set before, enable the QA flag by following these steps:

1- Download the Rebug QA_Toggle package from here ---> toggle_qa.pkg
2- Put the "toggle_qa.pkg" on USB and Install it on the PS3.
3- Run the "Rebug Toggle QA" from XMB, the screen will go Black and you will see HDD Led activity then if all went fine you will hear 2 or 3 Beeps and the PS3 will Restart back to XMB.
4- If you want to make sure QA flag was set, go to "Network Settings" then apply the following key combo (all at the same time):

L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down

You should see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files if done correctly.

- Now put "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP"
- Start the PS3 and install "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" using the System Update from XMB.
- Once you're back on Rogero CFW3.55 v3.7 you can now install any CFW 3.55/4.21/4.30 using the System Update from XMB (or Recovery Menu if XMB update didn't work).

- - - Updated - - -

Just installed it. It was a breeze.

The only con I can see so far is that the *Install Package Files* and *app/home* selectors are merged into one which makes it a tad cumbersome when you want to install any package files after you've loaded a game.

Full installation guide coming up in the evening. For any of you wanting to install this, don't forget to make a NAND backup before you upgrade.

Some issues in the link you gave:(

It talks about installing Stealth MM 4.14.04 (Steps are a little confusing)
Also, there is no actual steps wherein they say how to install the 4.3 PUP

I'm still on 3.55 KMEAW and find no reason for upgrading, as all eboots are out for 3.55 KMEAWm so i don't know much about this, will keep an eye on this thread though.

#Aman27deep ...all PSN games are 4.3 friendly and none really come for 3.55.
All DLC's are mostly 4.3....

there are many games ..SSX, NFS run where I am having issues with getting the crack for some region...so 4.3 is a good solution for this.

Also, its reversible so totally safe.

INSTALL GUIDE FOR ROGERO CFW 4.30 v2.03

This guide applies to everyone on the following firmwares:

OFW 3.55 and lower
CFW 3.55 and above

READ THE ABOVE PROPERLY. DON'T MAKE A MISTAKE AND TURN YOUR DEVICE INTO A BRICK.

PREREQUISITES

1.1) Remove any disc from the Blu-ray drive. THIS IS A MUST if you don't want to accidentally end up upgrading your PS3's firmware to the latest one on the Game Disc.
1.2) Make sure to run a disk check from your PC on the USB drive that you will be using with your PS3 to make sure there are no errors.

2.1) Download Rogero Firmware (All-in-One) MIRROR-1 MIRROR-2. This Archive contains everything you need to Install the Rogero Firmware and Downgrade it if required.
2.2) Run the downloaded EXE file and it will extract several files to a location of your choosing. Copy the file named "Rogero_CEX_4.30_v2.03.pup" to your USB drive at this location - "X:\PS3\UPDATE\"
2.3) Make sure to rename the file to "PS3UPDAT.PUP"

3.1) Download MultiMan CEX BASE Package v4.14.00
3.2) Download Multiman CEX Update v4.15.00
Both can be found here: MultiMan Downloads. You MUST install the BASE package first before installing the UPDATE.
3.3) Rename both files to something simple as mentioned below to ensure that it works

"MultiMan_CEX_BASE_4.14.00.pkg" and
"MultiMan_CEX_UPD_4.15.00.pkg"

3.4) Copy both files to the root of your USB Drive.

STEP 1 - Create a NOR/NAND Backup using MultiMan

1) Insert USB HDD / Pendrive into USB slot closest to the Blu-ray drive
2) Open multiMAN
3) Go to File Manager
4) With an External HD/Pen Drive in your right port (Closest to the Blue Drive)
5) Browse to any file (a short one preferably)
6) Click it with the Circle open the HEX Editor.
7) With the HEX View open press SELECT once to see lvl2 view.
8) Now in lvl2 view press START.
9) Answer NO to the first and second question.
10) The third question respond YES, ready now will be a full backup of your NAND/NOR on External HD / Pen Drive

STEP 2 - Upgrade the firmware to Rogero 4.30 v2.03

1) Connect the USB drive to your PS3 and navigate to
SYSTEM -> System Update -> Update from Storage Device

2) That's it. Make sure you have a stable power supply. The last thing you want if for the power to go off in the middle of the update process. Agree to the terms and conditions and proceed to install the firmware.

3) The system will reboot and your PS3 will now be running Rogero 4.30!

STEP 3 - Install Multiman

0) If you already have MultiMan installed on your PS3 from your previous firmware, make sure to uninstall it now.
1) In your XMB (XrossMediaBar - The main interface of your PS3), go to the Games Icon and scroll up till you see "/app_home/PS3_GAME/".
2) Hit the (X) button and you will be taken to another interface which will show you a list of all *.PKG files on your USB drive.
3) Select the MultiMan BASE package ONLY by highlighting it and pushing the (X) button. Then hit the (/\) button to process the queue.
4) Your PS3 will return to the XMB and you will see a new icon that you haven't seen before in the Game section of the XMB. Scroll to it and it will read "Install - Name of your package".
5) Hitting the (X) button won't work, so you must hit the (/\) button and then select "Install" from the menu.
6) Your package will be installed.
7) Repeat the same steps to install the MultiMan update and you're done!

NOTES
1) This firmware is a worthy successor to KMEAW 3.55. Go ahead and upgrade guys. This is like the move from the original dongles to CFW. It's inevitable ;)
2) Any Game Backup that requires any firmware up to 4.30 will work on this without the need for patches, cracks or modified EBOOTS anymore.
3) The only thing different about this firmware compared to KMEAW and the other older firmwares is that the *Install Package Files* and */app_home/PS3_GAME/* folders are merged in to one. Not a big deal - I'm just listing it here for the sake of documenting it.
4) If you use a lot of homebrew packages other than MultiMan, you might not be able to get them to work on this firmware unless the package is specifically signed for it. Again, not a big deal if you only use MultiMan for Game Backups.
5) Downgrading back to KMEAW or other 3.55 firmware is possible. For those of you that might want to downgrade (no reason to, really!), I will modify the instructions from my previous post to make it more clear.

Thanks for the guide Satan. I have updated the first post and credited your name in there. I have retained the game transferring and FTP setup guide, as that remains unchanged.

Thanks for the guide Satan. I have updated the first post and credited your name in there. I have retained the game transferring and FTP setup guide, as that remains unchanged.

Sweet. I've made some small changes to it. You might want to update the post. Sorry for the extra work ;)

Back