PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

i don't have that big of a usb drive, even if i do arange that how do i copy it to the internal drive?

I have a 16gb pen drive the 3 psarc files equates to 10gb can i just copy those 3 files to the pen drive formatted in fat32? If yes how do i copy them to PS3? do i have to mark all 3 files & copy them or only one file at a time?[DOUBLEPOST=1383807269][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok i guess i was copying it wrong, After copying the game to the internal hard drive I was still able to see the .666xx file so i copied the first one (.66600) to a new folder and it suddenly showed me the total size of the split files combined.. before i was trying to copy / move the split files all together but as i learnt from the internet that you only need to copy the 1st one.. Just finished copying & placed the file in the data foler & launched the game, IT WORKS!!!!

Last edited:
Someone help me with this.
My friend's uncle gifted him a Super Slim PS3 last week that was bought in US.
So he came to me and we went to Karol Bagh for getting it modded to play downloaded/pirated games. Now either of us doesn't know about PS3 or its modding or jailbreak.
The price that they quoted was 5700 minimum saying its a new model and might take about 1 month before the price comes down.
Does any one know where he could get it done for cheaper?

Guys is it possible to go back to rogero 4.46 from rogero 4.50 cfw. I guess after updating to 4.50 cfw, the console stopped going full hd. Running in 480p now.

Guys is it possible to go back to rogero 4.46 from rogero 4.50 cfw. I guess after updating to 4.50 cfw, the console stopped going full hd. Running in 480p now.

Are you even sure that it's the firmware causing this, you could try reflashing the same firmware again following the proper steps.
Did you already try forcing the video output to 1080P in the video settings menu?

Are you even sure that it's the firmware causing this, you could try reflashing the same firmware again following the proper steps.
Did you already try forcing the video output to 1080P in the video settings menu?
yes i did, it always says video mode not supported

Guys, My friend is in Mumbai and has a PS3 which is in 4.5 currently but its original firmware is 3.5...So this needs to be jailbreaked via E3 flasher.
Can anyone tell me a contact person in Mumbai through which I can have this jailbroken to 3.55 and then to Rogero 4.3 or above?

Guys, My friend is in Mumbai and has a PS3 which is in 4.5 currently but its original firmware is 3.5...So this needs to be jailbreaked via E3 flasher.
Can anyone tell me a contact person in Mumbai through which I can have this jailbroken to 3.55 and then to Rogero 4.3 or above?

YGPM

Looks like I have screwed my PS3 ,,,,,Did everything by the book though and still ended up screwing myself

Here is how the problem occurred:
  • I tried to update from Rogero 4.31 to Rogero 4.50 1.01 (but it failed miserably). I did all the MD5 checks and made sure I had the correct file.
  • What actually happened was towards the end of the system update...the screen went blank/ black. I waited for 30 minutes post which I had no choice but to shutdown the system forcefully.
  • Now, it won't start and nor will it go to the recovery menu:(
Without recovery mode there is no other way I can see of recovering
Please help me guys.
I searched everywhere in the internet but was not able to find any solution to this issue

@dinjo @Ethan_Hunt

Hey Ethan, I did have a disc while updating (and I guess this is where I screwed up:(:()

Steps which I tried to resolve and failed:
  1. Try to boot PS3 into recovery mode (Switch on PS3 with power button pressed till I hear the 3 beeps and then PS3 shuts down - Post this switch on the PS3 and press the power button till u hear 2 quick beeps). Result: No display on the PS3 and controller has all 4 lights on even though connecting from cable through PS3
  2. Next, Rest display settings by pressing power button till u hear one beep (post switch on). Result: no Hope - and no display
  3. Then I tried changing HDMI cables. No result
  4. Then I tried switching to another TV. No result
Finally What I DID:
  • I then took out the hard drive and then switched on the PS3 without the drive. and finally I was able to get some display.
  • Post this I tried putting the Hard drive back - But as soon as I switched on (post HDD installation) I was in the same earlier situation
  • I searched in multiple places on who to take backup of saved games , etc but no result.
  • Finally I formatted the hard drive, Put it back in PS3, again formatted, installed Rogero 4.5 (without a disc this time).

So I have lost all my Data but my PS3 is back - UP and running all smooth.

@vercetti :

I would like to know if you had a disc in the drive while updating the firmware? Also, what troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Thanks.
I kinda knew that it would be fixed as the issue happened during firmware update and this happens time and again. Sony itself screwed a couple of time when they released unstable firmware and bricked thousands of PS3 officially:)

My main concern was to save the data which I was not able to. :(

^Thank the stars and dont make the mistake again.

congos on getting it back.

Guys, i have a PS3 slim 250gb which is in 4.0 currently but its original firmware is 3.5...So this needs to be jailbreaked via E3 flasher.
Can anyone tell me how I can have this jailbroken to 3.55 and then to Rogero 4.3 or above?

plz

Back