PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

guys, i was getting offer for one used ps3 with 2006 model number. I didnt find date code on it though. I thought it can be jb'ed but owner said its repaired recently and motherboard was changed. So how do i make sure, it still can be modded or not?

@Ethan_Hunt

Last edited:
guys, i was getting offer for one used ps3 with 2006 model number. I didnt find date code on it though. I thought it can be jb'ed but owner said its repaired recently and motherboard was changed. So how do i make sure, it still can be modded or not?

@Ethan_Hunt

Nah mate. Doesn't seem to be worth the effort. 2006 model would probably be the launch one and would be prone to failure.

Just out of curiosity, where are you located?

I am from pune. Though i was getting offer from mumbai where i was for a week. Owner wasnt tech savy so didnt have any clue about modding or repairs done. It was supposed to be 320gb console but when i checked i was 40gb so i dont know whether repair fellow duped him while only with hdd issue saying mobo changed or both were problems, mobo and hdd. I couldnt find any info about its current mobo and whether it can be jbed so backed off.

isnt 16k price for modded console too high? Its closer to new console price only.
recently i bought modded PS3 slim for 17500K with two controllers from quikr( i got 1000 cask back later in Paytm). It has almost 15 games, i think it is 300 GB model. I am really enjoying it. there are latest version CFW's and spoofs's, where you can go online also, though they are not 100% safe.

for someone like me (casual gamer), modded console is great. just download it and enjoy the game.

i tried quoting below 16k on different listings but never got a deal. so, 16k may be good deal.

Last edited:
Guys any idea about Ferrox CFW 4.76 ? (Link)

Currently on Rogero 4.55. A friend from mumbai got already using it (confirmed with Wwe2k16).

I am currently on Habib and i want to update it to Ferrox 4.76
Currently i am on Habib 4.75. Any idea how do it.

As per your question Ferrox 4.76 is tested by many users and working fine.

I am currently on Habib and i want to update it to Ferrox 4.76
Currently i am on Habib 4.75. Any idea how do it.

As per your question Ferrox 4.76 is tested by many users and working fine.

What major difference will be there from 4.75 to 4.76 ?

How to move from rogero 4.55 to Habib 4.75 ? Do I have to go back first to 3.55 and then istall habib ?

No you dont need to go back to 3.55. You can directly install Habib 4.75 on Rogero 4.55.

Still try to search on google if you need to do any settings in Rogero like QA Toggle ON/OFF

No you dont need to go back to 3.55. You can directly install Habib 4.75 on Rogero 4.55.

Still try to search on google if you need to do any settings in Rogero like QA Toggle ON/OFF

The guy who cracked my PS3 suggesting that I should stay on 4.55 as its the most stable cfw. He suggested to wait for a patch for w2k16 for 4.55 which as of now not working with my cfw :(

Any views ?

Tagging missing members - @Ethan_Hunt @Spacescreamer @Aman27deep

The guy who cracked my PS3 suggesting that I should stay on 4.55 as its the most stable cfw. He suggested to wait for a patch for w2k16 for 4.55 which as of now not working with my cfw :(

Any views ?

Tagging missing members - @Ethan_Hunt @Spacescreamer @Aman27deep

You can safely update to any of the recent firmwares. If you're skeptical, mutilMAN should already have the ability to patch games directly to be compatible with lower firmwares.

Multiman, how?

Install the latest version, load the game and when you launch the game, it should notify you that the game is higher than your current firmware and if you want to patch it to run on your existing firmware. Select 'Yes' and you're all set.

Install the latest version, load the game and when you launch the game, it should notify you that the game is higher than your current firmware and if you want to patch it to run on your existing firmware. Select 'Yes' and you're all set.
MultiMan has option to update online, will it be okay ?

I am totally new to Jailbroken PS3 recently bought one.. any tutorial here to "Go Online on jailbroken PS3"? i am on Habib 4.65 (Multiman)

and i am totally noob in downloading games..any guide or tutorial "what to look for" while downloading a game..i am confused with that terminology "DLC" and 'patches" etc..i am trying to understand but lot of confusing concepts.

Thanks in advance.

Back