PS3 prices? Extended warranty?

jesal

Adept
i am still thinking about getting one from croma cuz of the 3 yr warranty. plus i dont care if phat or slim as long as it works. the slim might have heating issues since there is lesser space inside i think the phat is nicer too to look at.

jesal said:
i am still thinking about getting one from croma cuz of the 3 yr warranty. plus i dont care if phat or slim as long as it works. the slim might have heating issues since there is lesser space inside i think the phat is nicer too to look at.

but the slim uses a smaller die cell and perhaps the RSX chip,so i believe it runs cooler.

sushantV said:
I should have booked when ebay was selling it for 17K :(

That was a grey piece with no warranty........stormblast had his PS3 go bust in 4 days........luckily he had a local one.......I strongly recommend getting 1 with warranty......

Ragin_Ice said:
That was a grey piece with no warranty........stormblast had his PS3 go bust in 4 days........luckily he had a local one.......I strongly recommend getting 1 with warranty......

tht had official 1 year sony india warranty ...thou why vendors cant even come close to that price (leave out matching it )..is something i cant understand :S

jesal said:

No the slim wont have heating issues like the phat did since the Cell gets a die shrink from the phat version which implies lesser heat emissions and lesser YLODs. Besides, the slim console has an even beefier centrifugal exhaust fan compared to the one in the phat so that should take care of the cooling.

adder said:
but the slim uses a smaller die cell and perhaps the RSX chip,so i believe it runs cooler.

Perhaps the RSX chip? You meant a smaller RSX?

^Someone has posted the Croma number - give them a ring and find it out! They may not have the deal in your city's Croma branch in which case you may ask someone to have it done from Mumbai and ask them to ship it for you.

sushantV said:
Guys someone please help me with the costs involved in getting the extended two years warranty.

It used to be Rs. 750 for 2yrs extended, dunno if the same would be offerend with the slim, which btw isn't available with them right now.

i checked the ps3 slim 120gb price in grey market (chennai)...price is 19500rs(2 free games) with 1 year warranty and 18500rs without warranty:eek:hyeah:...shall i buy it:huh:..i m confused...is it worth??

Susan said:
i checked the ps3 slim 120gb price in grey market (chennai)...price is 19500rs(2 free games) with 1 year warranty and 18500rs without warranty:eek:hyeah:...shall i buy it:huh:..i m confused...is it worth??

Hi Susan,

Could u pls tell in which shop you enquired abt it in chennai ? i hope its Moosa Games only...:)

Why the hell do you want to buy from grey, when Prashant is providing such a great deal with local warranty for just a little bit more :S

OT:OMG we have a different thread now.

^^^ and yeah, it doesn't make sense to get it in the grey if we can get the authentic India version for nearly same price.

Back