PS5 Digital vs Disc

Muathaz

Disciple
Digital version is 10k cheaper than the disc one. Initially I thought it's a no brainer to go digital since there are 2 free games every month with PS plus and there are good discounts these days on ps store. However new games are going to cost 5k+ inr or 70$. Those single player games once finished are of no use further. This is where having the disc version is a huge plus. I have a few questions since after ps2 didn't have a ps console:

1. How easy is it to sell ps games? olx, gameloot, TE?

2. How much should one expect if he pays for a game at full price initially and wants to sell after say 5-6 months?

3. Do Flipkart and Amazon have game sales frequently? Are prices on ps store lower than these online stores or vice versa?

4. Are buying pre owned games safe? Or will there be issues regarding reading errors and such?

5. A light gamer here, probably played around 15-20 hours max in total on my last built gaming rig for the first 2-3 years (2014-2017) after which i completely lost interest in gaming. However ps exclusives are intriguing and the main reason i want to try gaming again and the longetivity of consoles. 5 years of guaranteed support. Still better to go disc I believe?

6. Are car mods in gta v available on ps like pc?

I have not entirely decided to get a new console just yet. Starting a new thread as it might help potential future buyers as well.

These are the sites where you can directly buy and sell used games and it looks like it's easy to get a fair price too. It makes no sense to go for the digital edition unless you are already in the ps ecosystem and have a huge library there. The initial 10K upfront increase in the cost will be justified within a year or two at max. hope this will help other people in the same dilemma.

gamenation
gameloot

also there's another forum which i completely forgot about. indianvideogamer forums. You can trade discs there too, a pretty nice community as far as i've seen in the last couple of weeks
Spotted @alekhkhanna there, didn't know you were a big time gamer bro :p Did you get a ps5 as well?

These are the sites where you can directly buy and sell used games and it looks like it's easy to get a fair price too. It makes no sense to go for the digital edition unless you are already in the ps ecosystem and have a huge library there. The initial 10K upfront increase in the cost will be justified within a year or two at max. hope this will help other people in the same dilemma.

gamenation
gameloot

also there's another forum which i completely forgot about. indianvideogamer forums. You can trade discs there too, a pretty nice community as far as i've seen in the last couple of weeks
Spotted @alekhkhanna there, didn't know you were a big time gamer bro :p Did you get a ps5 as well?
Oh yes. Amazon to the rescue. Hoping it gets delivered at or near the launch date. :hearteyes:

IVG has a great trading area where you can buy/sell gaming stuff at mostly fair prices.

Digital version is 10k cheaper than the disc one. Initially I thought it's a no brainer to go digital since there are 2 free games every month with PS plus and there are good discounts these days on ps store. However new games are going to cost 5k+ inr or 70$. Those single player games once finished are of no use further. This is where having the disc version is a huge plus. I have a few questions since after ps2 didn't have a ps console:

1. How easy is it to sell ps games? olx, gameloot, TE?
Pretty easy specially lot of Playstation fans in India....so easy to sell the games.
2. How much should one expect if he pays for a game at full price initially and wants to sell after say 5-6 months?
Depends on games...if it is very popular and multiplayer than its price will still have decent value about 50-60% of Original price but if its single player than possibly below 50% of mrp.

3. Do Flipkart and Amazon have game sales frequently? Are prices on ps store lower than these online stores or vice versa?
Yes they do and you have to keep checking.

4. Are buying pre owned games safe? Or will there be issues regarding reading errors and such?
Yes they are if they were not many would not be able to afford gaming specially in third world countries.

Rs 4-5k for a game is no joke....aaj bhi hamare desh mein kisi ka ghar chal jata hai for a month in that cost.
5. A light gamer here, probably played around 15-20 hours max in total on my last built gaming rig for the first 2-3 years (2014-2017) after which i completely lost interest in gaming. However ps exclusives are intriguing and the main reason i want to try gaming again and the longetivity of consoles. 5 years of guaranteed support. Still better to go disc I believe?
Yes..disc is always better choice . Best of both the worlds open up for you.
But do not expect 5 years console will stay strong generally 1st year is under warrnanty, second and third year goes pretty well too for most console but after third year I think console may give issues depending on ones luck.

Some of my friends are on second ps4 .

6. Are car mods in gta v available on ps like pc?
Dont know.
I have not entirely decided to get a new console just yet. Starting a new thread as it might help potential future buyers as well.
I follow a policy of buying a console in middle of its cycle but ps5 i might buy in just 1 year because it is compatible with ps4 which gives great library to enjoy games.

Last edited:
My relative lives close to a CEX (link) so they buy / sell used there. Sell range would be Rs. 500 - 2000, depends on the game and demand for it. I recall that they sold Sekiro for 2000 recently.

Oh yes. Amazon to the rescue. Hoping it gets delivered at or near the launch date. :hearteyes:

IVG has a great trading area where you can buy/sell gaming stuff at mostly fair prices.
Same. :laughing:

I follow a policy of buying a console in middle of its cycle but ps5 i might buy in just 1 year because it is compatible with ps4 which gives great library to enjoy games.
yes! especially if one didn't get a ps4, a lot of great exclusives are available on day 1. personally i'll be getting only miles morales as the new gen game.

My relative lives close to a CEX (link) so they buy / sell used there. Sell range would be Rs. 500 - 2000, depends on the game and demand for it. I recall that they sold Sekiro for 2000 recently.
do they provide online selling option like gameloot?

Back