[PSA] Beware of blindly believing Flipkart Open Box Delivery msg on product page before payment

You can refuse to accept it, or you can sell it to someone else
Yeah but also thinking of testing both 4060 & 3060 for few days before selling one of them here.

P.S. Above is assuming I get 3060 from amazon with mfg date no older than June 2024 which would make it eligible for 2 years extended warranty. Amazon shipping will be done in original product packaging so almost like open delivery where I can see the mfg date before giving the otp.

Update: In a twist worthy of somewhat matching the end of Baahubali 1 where kattappa stabbed Baahubali, the shadowfax delivery was done just like open box delivery & flipkart delivered genuine product with a mfg date of Sep 2024.

Now another headache, already ordered zotac 3060 12GB from amazon in the deal & that is also arriving today. What should I do?
Dj khalid moment:p

During BBD sale I ordered i5 13400f, and received a seal-packed box, when I opened the seal, it was counterfeit i5 3470, without any pins on the back of the chip, now struggling to get my refund.
I have been Duped by amazon for 33.6k
I received Counterfiet Product inside sealed box.
I ordered Ryzen 9 7900x desktop processor.
GOd knows what processor i received.
Now my money is stuck, Amazon is doing some kind of investigation.
I have unboxing video. I was shocked to see that processor was swapped without tampering the seal.

Attachments

• AMD FAKE PRODUCT RECEIVED_ADDREMOVED.jpg
    AMD FAKE PRODUCT RECEIVED_ADDREMOVED.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Images (41).jpg
    Images (41).jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 50
I have unboxing video. I was shocked to see that processor was swapped without tampering the seal.
Was the AMD seal genuine? I wonder how these scammers are managing to re-seal it with official tape.

Funny how just yesterday we were just discussing the same happening with intel CPUs :banghead:
Amazon is just a platform for others to sell.Clickteck retails is the seller formerly known as appario from whom I bought.
It sells most Electronics on Amazon

Ryzen 9 7900x Purchase link https://amzn.in/d/5i1Sopn
Seller is valid

Was the AMD seal genuine? I wonder how these scammers are managing to re-seal it with official tape.
...and, can the box be opened from the bottom, leaving the top seal intact?

Otherwise, they're making counterfeit tape, which means this is a growing, organized operation!

Almost got scammed . Very smart of the guy and his sister.
The problem is ths not all pincode are covered in open box delivery program and only Flipkart seems to have been providing this Open Box Delivery,
I purchased a Motherboard from Flipkart and it was Open Box delivery. But I asked amazon customer care for open box delivery, they denied.

“This loser came with a big package..."

“I did not accept the package.”

"Within two minutes, another guy came to deliver a very small package..."

"I am sure he would have given me some random package"

RIP journalism

Scammers are getting smarter: obtain OTP of legit package but deliver a different item. The fact the Az asks for OTP only for high value items makes this easy for them. Always check the order details on the package before providing OTP.

Almost got scammed . Very smart of the guy and his sister.
First of all, no flipkart open box delivery can be marked as successfully delivered until the delivery person upload multiple pics of unboxed product from his mobile via an official version of flipkart app installed for delivery persons before entering the otp given by customer. There is something missing in that story.

The problem is ths not all pincode are covered in open box delivery program and only Flipkart seems to have been providing this Open Box Delivery,
I purchased a Motherboard from Flipkart and it was Open Box delivery. But I asked amazon customer care for open box delivery, they denied.
Amazon has no concept of open box delivery. Flipkart nowadays give open box delivery on most products but it can't be "selected" & now there is this extra condition that open box delivery status can be changed after product shipment if seller dispatches the product via a shipper other than ekart logistics.

UPDATE:- I was offered Refund , I asked for replacement and they agreed. :)

Back