[PSA] BEWARE : STOLEN Goods selling on facebook and watsapp groups.

Have ordered 990 EVO SSD from Amazon and just noticed that its from the same Click tech seller. What should I do? Cancel the order or wait for it to arrive?

My previous orders of RX 7600 and 5600 were all fine not sure what will happen this time.
Evo 970 is not that expensive, they are not bothered to scam on cheaper lower products, only high end and expensive items and processors, cards and electronic items this is happening. Do not think any issues will happen for items under 10k as they profits of scamming and selling are not much. So don't worry. I had ordered 2 Nvme SSD and some memory sticks from Amazon all came properly no issues.

After seeing same issue with Flipkart I think the issue is much deeper that we expected, the processors are not swapped in Amazon/FK warehouses they are swapped before they reach those warehouses as I can understand the issue might have happened at a single warehouse (lets say Amazon for argument sake) then its highly unlikely that the same thing happened in FK warehouse as well unless they share same facility.

After seeing same issue with Flipkart I think the issue is much deeper that we expected, the processors are not swapped in Amazon/FK warehouses they are swapped before they reach those warehouses as I can understand the issue might have happened at a single warehouse (lets say Amazon for argument sake) then its highly unlikely that the same thing happened in FK warehouse as well unless they share same facility.
Yeah, but what if the gang committing the fraud is the common factor? It is well known that employees of Amazon and Flipkart warehouses keep getting exchanged, they even have a common union.

Once the gang found the security loophole, possibly even facilitated the loophole by being in trusted positions, they would have been able to use the same modus operandi in both.

Yeah, but what if the gang committing the fraud is the common factor? It is well known that employees of Amazon and Flipkart warehouses keep getting exchanged, they even have a common union.

Once the gang found the security loophole, possibly even facilitated the loophole by being in trusted positions, they would have been able to use the same modus operandi in both.
Thats possible but difficult to execute because in order to do something like this they would need a team of 3~4 people and the same people can't have a job in both warehouses. Also they are targeting processors alone where as they could easily target other small but other high value items.

they would need a team of 3~4 people and the same people can't have a job in both warehouses
No, I'm saying :
1. Gang of say 8-10 people, including mastermind(s) and workers
2. Some may be ex-employees of one or both of the warehouses, some maybe in the production side e.g. seal tampering, sourcing cheap processors etc.
3. 1-3 employees of each warehouse. Each employee is working in only 1 of the warehouses.

A much larger gang than this can get busted sooner. A much smaller gang may not have expertise in all aspects of this fraud.

Back