Purchasing first drone !

General query. What if a drones battery is about to die is someones flies a drone on a really bad battery/dead?
Does it fly high and then instantly falls down due to dead battery and no control as it gets powered off.

General query. What if a drones battery is about to die is someones flies a drone on a really bad battery/dead?
Does it fly high and then instantly falls down due to dead battery and no control as it gets powered off.
Actually it has happened to me once and i even lost the drone in the sky (it was dark and my bad). But quite surprisingly it used the Return to Home function and returned back to me.. as the battery was about to die. So it automatically calculates and it will return to home..

Actually it has happened to me once and i even lost the drone in the sky (it was dark and my bad). But quite surprisingly it used the Return to Home function and returned back to me.. as the battery was about to die. So it automatically calculates and it will return to home..
But I hope batteries in drones do not behave like phone batteries esp. when someone thinks of flying it on a bad health battery.
Where it shows 100% and immediately after 10mins its drops down to 20%

So DJI Mini 2 has height restriction of 120 Meters but this needs to be done everytime the drone is started, as it gets stuck to 15 m.
The process is to reset all settings once the drone is connected, then start the drone again and then the height is set to 120 Meters.
Its little annoying to do this everytime so is there a better or permanent way of doing it ?

check drone hacks ..I think DJI Mini 2 has the best drone hacks ... but mind you study well before trying anything as you may corrupt the files. So be sure what you doing.
Bad weather like very high winds ...you might almost loose your drone as they can blown away by strong winds but it has to be really strong otherwise DJI drones are quite capable even in decent windy conditions.

Battery about to die....still chance to get it as it will return to the starting point but if the distance is to long or high for it to return in time tab toh gaya.
lucky you. Many people have lost it due to this mistake .
But I hope batteries in drones do not behave like phone batteries esp. when someone thinks of flying it on a bad health battery.
Where it shows 100% and immediately after 10mins its drops down to 20%
has happen too with people on youtube. Drone batteries are very risky if not taken good care. they can bloat fast too.

Firstly drone batteries need to be in always good condition and if any doubt ...throw it and buy new one . One should always keep a check on how many cycles it has life left as recommended by DJI.

Old batteries should be used for very small distance.
New batteries should be fine to use further.

However, every drone records the flight log( like a black box in planes) including battery life etc.

So incase a battery is under recycle limit and still this happens and you loose your drones. You can contact DJI and let them know that their drone failed even though you had done everything fine. They will check the flight log and see you are correct and replace it for you( atleast in USA) ...bakhi deshon ka nahi pata. How they are treated by DJI customer care. Generaly have heard they are decent.

Waise one can get DJI fly care thing like Apple Care plus.

Last edited:
So DJI Mini 2 has height restriction of 120 Meters but this needs to be done everytime the drone is started, as it gets stuck to 15 m.
The process is to reset all settings once the drone is connected, then start the drone again and then the height is set to 120 Meters.
Its little annoying to do this everytime so is there a better or permanent way of doing it ?
is there a video showing how to do this.. I use rainbow app to use to raise it above 15 m

is there a video showing how to do this.. I use rainbow app to use to raise it above 15 m
Update the DJI fly app.
Now do this:
1. Start the drone and RC.
2. Click on reset all settings in about section.
3. Drone will switch off in few seconds.
4. Restart the drone and check the limit. It should be 120 now.

Last edited:
Same issues I am facing nowadays.

Back