Queries related to passport

raksrules :- Passport can be renewed before 1 year expiry. PSK will reject your plea during personal meeting.

Can't be, you were trying to write ?

Btw i got to know about another person (from my company internal forum) that he renewed 14 months before expiry.
Mine is like 2.5 years as of today. Not sure whether i should give it a shot or not.

Btw i got to know about another person (from my company internal forum) that he renewed 14 months before expiry.
Mine is like 2.5 years as of today. Not sure whether i should give it a shot or not.

Can i ask (why are u in a hurry)

if you are traveling to somewhere as good as the USA then it's better to get your passport renewed in the foreign country.

i learnt it the hard way.

While filling the passport application form online (for renewal), there is a section called "References" where one needs to fill..

First Reference Name and Address
Second Reference Name and Address

I have no idea what is supposed to filled in here. What to fill ?

can I put my dad's and my father in law's names ?
Does anyone read those details ?

usually such details are checked during Police Verification . You can use Your FIL's name and some other family member's name (except mother/father/daughter etc ) . During Renewal in usual cases verification by police is not done .

FIL is fine, but other family member is not. Police will verify with them and most probably you may need to get sign on prefilled form and also their ration card copy, then submit to police. If you've not changed the address from your old passport, then usually no police verification is done!

Passport in India and Consulates around the world only can only be issued one year max to the date of expiry, its not strange that no law holds good in this country.
Now for those of whose Indian passport is issued in some foreign country, please get it done in the respective country, it much easier and less painstaking than what happens in India. Also no agents or so called red hands to be worried about. And things of issuing work much faster!

While filling the passport application form online (for renewal), there is a section called "References" where one needs to fill..
First Reference Name and Address
Second Reference Name and Address
I have no idea what is supposed to filled in here. What to fill ?
can I put my dad's and my father in law's names ?
Does anyone read those details ?
Hey, two valid reference other than blood relation who can come down with you while Police varification. They must have valid id & address proof and should know you at least more than 1 year.

Its better to carry all the proof during PV, as they have right to ask additional proof other than produced in passport application.

One funny question Police always ask to referencee : "Do he(applicant) has any crime record / drunker ?" :happy:

I read somewhere that police verification is usually not done in case of renewals. So i guess i will give reference of my FIL and may be MIL. :)

I had heard a lot about how difficult it is to get passport seva kendra (PSK) appointment. One needs all sort of timing and luck to get through.
So in continuation with my queries, i entered all information and then today at 3 PM, i logged into the passport website. I wanted to select PSK-Malad in Mumbai for the same.
I expected to get list of all slots and such i need to be fast to select one.
I was doing all this just to see how this slot booking works. I had no intention to actually book one. But things happened different for me.
I selected the PSK-Malad, entered the captcha and clicked "Next" (not View appointment slots, it wasn't there), it told me that appointment is available for 06/06/2013 (after 3 days), i clicked BOOK APPOINTMENT and then it actually booked my appointment for 06-Jun at 09:45 AM :eek:
Since i did not want to go, i cancelled the appointment. But it was a surprise to me that i never got any option for slots or anything, just a date for appointment and that too so soon.

Is this how it is supposed to be ?

I did get an option to select the appointment. But the Pune PSK is so overbooked that after trying in vain for 2 days I got in. That too an appointment on 18 June 13.

I did get an option to select the appointment. But the Pune PSK is so overbooked that after trying in vain for 2 days I got in. That too an appointment on 18 June 13.

Pune is always over booked. Probably because there is just a single PSK for entire city it seems. I gave my Aundh pin code and also my Hinjewadi Pin code but still go the same PSK.
But i am surprised how i got an appointment so easily in the Mumbai - Malad - PSK. It did not give me option to select any dates or slots. It just gave me the appointment.

Done post issue of passport. if you fail, passport is revoked.

You mean say i get my passport renewed, i would get the same in post and AFTER that police verification is done ? That isn't how it is supposed to be right ?[DOUBLEPOST=1370318509][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why is it better to get the passport renewed from a foreign country?

Probably because of faster processing and no red tape and babu-giri ?
But from what i see now a days, the process seems to have become more streamlined in India too. Agents i guess have no hand in it like they used to have before. Correct me if wrong.

Back