Queries related to passport

I am trying and trying to get an online appointment for tatkal passport for the past few days, but in vain, could not get an appointment. I was wondering If I can straight away walk into the PSK with my application receipt. Would that work ?

I am trying and trying to get an online appointment for tatkal passport for the past few days, but in vain, could not get an appointment. I was wondering If I can straight away walk into the PSK with my application receipt. Would that work ?

I am pretty sure that will not work.

what all documents are u taking along with you for enrol in Tatkal service
Thanx

@destiny : I will be taking along an affidavit (annexure i ), verification certificate (annexure f)[this is mandatory now, not mentioned on the website:banghead: ], Birth certificate, election card, plus, PAN card, driving license, my graduation degree just in case they need it and to be on the safer side. I am not even sure if these documents are sufficient. But dammit, I am not getting an appointment.

@smnrock : Are you sure ? I am getting mixed responses from the net. Don't know what to believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
ANNEXURE F u will need two copies OF IT with reference # on it.
The person who is giving the Annexure F should stick your recent photo on the right hand side with his Valid Stamps and Signature ACROSS IT.
Active Mobile # Should be mentioned on it.
The head of passport officer will call the person right away once you submit the documents Later u go ahead to A B C counters
ONLY if u have the proper documents

ANNEXURE i should be on 100 rs stamp paper and not rs 20
Make sure u dont get any spelling error on any of the names on it,In tatkal they check each and every detail very Strictly
One spelling error u are send back to get a fresh copy done in 3 working days..

I took my Pancard
My One year Bank Statement with my Photo Stamped on the First Page and latest passbook updated.
My Graduation Degree/and birth certificate
Annexure i and Annexure F
Thats it..
The lesser documnets u Show them the better it is,as some documents like Voter i Card and Licence might have some minor name errors
My sir name is OBEROI AND some documents had OBERAI SO DID NOT CARRY THEM.
Went in at 12:30 and was out at 1:15pm
48 hours later i had the passport in my hand
PV was done after 7 days..

Head to Andheri PSK if u are in mumbai,the guys there are very friendly

Thanx just sharing my experience

tatkal can no longer walkin. appointments have been made compulsory. my friend had called the toll free and this is what they told her. ( Delhi )

tatkal can no longer walkin. appointments have been made compulsory. my friend had called the toll free and this is what they told her. ( Delhi )

I paid 500 rs to agent and got an appointment as i myself tried it for 5 days and was failed to get one.
Not telling any members to go via agent route Just sharing my experience
Thanx

Thanks for the info @destiny. Although I do have right documents with everything you mentioned above, but still, lets hope they do not reject my application due to xyz reason ! Not in Mumbai, I am in Delhi.

for Delhi, appointments start at 6 pm on the passport site. i logged in at 6.01 according to their time on top left corner. managed to get an appointment. i did it when we had the option of choosing time slot. Now I think this option is no more and you get the earliest option available.

It depends on the RPO... one can verify it here by clicking your respective RPO office link, For bangalore(where i reside :) ), TATKAL is allowed in walk-in from very recently(May 2013)

Thanks for the info @destiny. Although I do have right documents with everything you mentioned above, but still, lets hope they do not reject my application due to xyz reason ! Not in Mumbai, I am in Delhi.

If u have the correct documents and are valid go ahead.
Sometimes they do ask a ? why u want apply in tatkal kindly be prepared for it.
Rest all depends how good your documents are,coz of the bomb blast and several crimes in the past,they are very strict these days.
A guy next to me was rejected in tatkal saying they do not accept minor name changes,he had a affidavit for the same,when he asked the PSK people there no such mentioned any where on the website,the answer was.
ITS UP TO US TO ACCEPT OR DECLINE THE APPLICATION
Was told to go and apply in regular way and not tatkal..
Thanx

Ok so i called up the passport customer care toll free number and asked about the addition of my wife's name. They guy there told me that only marriage certificate will do and usually the final discretion lies with the officer there so he would probably take the marriage certificate (with wife's before marriage name) as proof.
He told me i will get a new passport with new passport number.
But one thing that has surprised me when he said that the validity will be 10 years from DATE OF ISSUE OF NEW PASSPORT.
Now i have my doubts about the last part of validity. I seriously don't believe that i will get validity extension like this only.

Ok . It took me just 2 hours for the whole process in Delhi. Went through Normal and not tatkal.

Got 3 things done - renewal of expired passport ( 1 year back ), address change from Mumbai to Delhi address & spouse name addition.
Only documents I needed:
Old Expired Passport
Wife's passport with my name present
Marriage Certificate.

Didnt ask me to show anything else. It was a breeze of a process for me.:)

It depends on the RPO... one can verify it here by clicking your respective RPO office link, For bangalore(where i reside :) ), TATKAL is allowed in walk-in from very recently(May 2013)

yes its different for different cities. I had mentioned the rule for Delhi.

Ok so i called up the passport customer care toll free number and asked about the addition of my wife's name. They guy there told me that only marriage certificate will do and usually the final discretion lies with the officer there so he would probably take the marriage certificate (with wife's before marriage name) as proof.
He told me i will get a new passport with new passport number.
But one thing that has surprised me when he said that the validity will be 10 years from DATE OF ISSUE OF NEW PASSPORT.
Now i have my doubts about the last part of validity. I seriously don't believe that i will get validity extension like this only.

Validity is 10 years now.

Validity is 10 years now.

I am aware about the validity period. My passport was issued in 2005 and is valid till 2015. But as per the customer service guy on phone, when I go to get my wife's name endorsed in my passport, I shall get a new one with new passport number and validity of 10 years FROM THE DATE on which I get the name adding done. Which means 2023 if I do it today.
This part has me confused.

I am aware about the validity period. My passport was issued in 2005 and is valid till 2015. But as per the customer service guy on phone, when I go to get my wife's name endorsed in my passport, I shall get a new one with new passport number and validity of 10 years FROM THE DATE on which I get the name adding done. Which means 2023 if I do it today.

U want to add your wifes name in your old passport
Or u want to completely renew your passport adding your wifes name on it.

I paid 500 rs to agent and got an appointment as i myself tried it for 5 days and was failed to get one.
Not telling any members to go via agent route Just sharing my experience
Thanx

Oh GAWD...cannot believe this is still on. :( Bad.

yes he is right. you can no longer get name of spouse on existing passport. you have to go for a passport reissue.

yes he is right. you can no longer get name of spouse on existing passport. you have to go for a passport reissue.
ok so if I am interpreting this correct then i might probably get a passport with validity till 2023 if I were to get my wife's name added on it.

Back