Queries related to passport

Passport application hasn't even moved for police verification . Staying at psk since a little under 3 weeks .
Passport had no change , just a simple case of renewal .

Confidence in non-efficient Government restored

If you don't see yourself traveling abroad in next few months, I suggest get it done in 2 steps.
First yours with her name endorsed in your passport.
Next her and your kid's passport and most probably your address from passport might be ok to be considered her present address.

Am expecting a travel some time in October/November, if things go well.. Will there be enough time for the two step process?

Yes, you will have enough time for two step process. But i would suggest you to try now itself for all and if its get rejected, you can try again once you get your passport! First you apply for yourself and use your file number/receipt as a proof for your wife/kid's application. For my kids passport, i used my passport and wife's file/application receipt as additional documents.

I am confused as to what should be filled in the "Reference Number" field on the Verification Certificate (used for tatkal passports). Any idea ?

I am confused as to what should be filled in the "Reference Number" field on the Verification Certificate (used for tatkal passports). Any idea ?

@destiny - your HELP needed here as you too did the tatkal thing [the above is for Annexure F] ?

I too am in the process of wanting a "Tatkal" passport and found this thread very useful. I am from Mumbai / Andheri-East PSK.

Could you also tell us who signed/verified/stamped on your Annexure F & I?

Can Annexure F be done on the letterhead of a 'pvt. ltd. company' ?

Thanks
Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanting to reconfirm, for reference name purpose for my passport renewal application, i can mention two names as my mother in law and father in law right ?
Both live in same city as mine (Mumbai) and have passports of their own.

Is the "IdentityCertificateForm" filling up necessary for a fresh normal/tatkal passport ?

EDIT - Got the answer
Q: What is an Identity Certificate?
A: Identity Certificate (IC) is normally issued to Tibetan Refugees residing in India, from the Regional Passport Office, Delhi (RPO Delhi) on recommendation by the Bureau of His Holiness the Dalai Lama (HHDL), New Delhi. In addition to Tibetan refugees, Stateless people residing in India may also apply for Identity Certificate at the Passport Office within whose jurisdiction they are currently residing.
IC issuance is subject to clearance by Ministry of External Affairs (Consular, Passport and Visa (CPV) PV-III division). In addition, clearance by State Government (Department of Home Affairs / Police) / FRRO is also required for grant of No Objection to Return to India (NORI) to be stamped on the Identity Certificate.
Q: Where can I get the Application Form for Identity Certificate?
A: You can download the Application form from the Passport Seva website (www.passportindia.gov.in).
Q: Where can I submit the Application Form?
A: Tibetan Refugees residing in India need to apply at RPO Delhi.
Stateless people residing in India need to apply at the passport office within whose jurisdiction they currently reside in.
Q: What would be the validity of an Identity Certificate?
A: Identity Certificate is generally issued for 10 years.
Q: What is the fee for an Identity Certificate?
A: To know the fee details, please click on "Fee Calculator" link on Home page.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/faqIdentityCertificate

Not Applicable in my case

@destiny - your HELP needed here as you too did the tatkal thing [the above is for Annexure F] ?

I too am in the process of wanting a "Tatkal" passport and found this thread very useful. I am from Mumbai / Andheri-East PSK.

Could you also tell us who signed/verified/stamped on your Annexure F & I?

Can Annexure F be done on the letterhead of a 'pvt. ltd. company' ?

Thanks
Terry

Notes:
1. The applicant’s passport size photograph is also required to be affixed on the
Verification Certificate and attested by the officer issuing the Verification Certificate
with his/her signature and rubber stamp put in such a way that half the signature and
stamp appear on the photograph and half on the certificate.
2. If the applicant has resided at more than one place during the last one year, then all
previous addresses with the relevant dates should be mentioned.
3. This Verification Certificate may be got signed by any of the following:
(i) An Under Secretary/Deputy Secretary/Director/Joint Secretary/Add.
Secretary/Special Secretary/Secretary/Cabinet Secretary to Government of India
(ii) A Director/Joint Secretary/Additional Secretary/Special Secretary/Chief Secretary
to a State Govt.
(iii) A Sub-Divisional Magistrate/First class Judicial Magistrate/Additional DM/District
Magistrate of the district of residence of applicant.
(iv) A District Superintendent of Police, DIG/IG/DGP of the district of residence of
applicant.
(v) A Major and above in the army, Lt. Commander and above in the Navy and Sq.
Leader and above in the Air Force
(vi)The General Manager and above of a Public Sector Undertaking
(vii All members of any All India Service or Central Service who are equivalent to or
above the rank of an Under Secretary to the Government, i.e. with Grade pay
of Rs.6,600/- and above.
(viii)Resident Commissioners/Additional Resident Commissioners of all State
Governments based in Delhi.
(ix)Concerned Tehsildars or concerned SHOs for an applicant staying in the area
under his/her jurisdiction.
(x) The Chairmen of the Apex Business Organizations, i.e. FICCI, CII and
ASSOCHAM in respect of owners, partners or directors of the companies that
are members of the concerned Chamber in prescribed performa as at Annexure
“J”. (The certificate should specify applicant is a owner/ partner/ direct
5. SECTION 6(2) (C) OF THE PASSPORTS ACT, 1967 -
“Subject to the other provisions of this Act, the passport authority shall refuse to
issue a passport or travel document for visiting any foreign country under clause ( C
) sub-section 5 of any one or more of the following grounds, and on no other
ground, namely:(a) that the applicant is not a citizen of India.
(b) that the applicant may, or is likely to, engage outside India in activities prejudicial
to the sovereignty and integrity of India.
(c) that the departure of the applicant from India may, or is likely to, be detrimental to
the security of India.
(d) that the presence of the applicant outside India may, or is likely to, prejudice the
friendly relations of India with any foreign country.
(e) that the applicant has, at any time during the period of five years immediately
preceding the date of his application, been convicted by a court of India for any
offence involving moral turpitude and sentenced in respect thereof imprisonment
for not less than two years.
(f) that criminal proceedings in respect of an offence alleged to have been
committed by the applicant are pending before a court in India.
(g) that a warrant or summons for the appearance, or a warrant for the arrest of the
applicant has been issued by a court under any law for the time being in force or
that an order prohibiting the departure from India of the applicant has been made
by any such court.
(h) that the applicant has been repatriated and has not reimbursed the expenditure
incurred in connection with such repatriation

@destiny ...... Thanks matey (BUT I AM already familiar with the conditions/signatories).

Our querries were

and

.......... Could you also tell us who signed/verified/stamped on your Annexure F & I?

Thanks

@destiny ...... Thanks matey (BUT I AM already familiar with the conditions/signatories).

Our querries were

and

Thanks

Mine was signed by General Manager of RBI Mumbai Branch
Reference # was already Printed on Verification Certificate.
Annexure I made it from a advocate they have the format with them,was charged 250 rs for that..

Mine was signed by General Manager of RBI Mumbai Branch
Reference # was already Printed on Verification Certificate.
Annexure I made it from a advocate they have the format with them,was charged 250 rs for that..

GM of RBI ........WOW and Khatam (almost) in my case.

I now am beginning to understand that getting a "Tatkal" is really very, very tough (almost impossible .... especially if it's not for an emergency situation - surgical operation/death of someone very close). So for someone who is working in the Pvt Ltd Company & even if its affiliated to CII; FICCI or ASOCHAM .... it's still very difficult [to attend an important conference/complete some project work urgently]..... at then end of the day if the blokes at the PSK are not convinced then the Tatkal goes for a toss.

GM of RBI ........WOW and Khatam (almost) in my case.

I now am beginning to understand that getting a "Tatkal" is really very, very tough (almost impossible .... especially if it's not for an emergency situation - surgical operation/death of someone very close). So for someone who is working in the Pvt Ltd Company & even if its affiliated to CII; FICCI or ASOCHAM .... it's still very difficult [to attend an important conference/complete some project work urgently]..... at then end of the day if the blokes at the PSK are not convinced then the Tatkal goes for a toss.

If you have proper paper work then they have no issues with tatkal.
Yet some times they ask why u want to apply in tatkal,Counter number (C) is some times where they cross check all details and they person sitting there are on some higher post and senior levels

I saw a lady next to me was rejected, she had minor name changes in her papers,she had a affidavit for the same.
she was told we dont accept even minor name change in tatkal,she said its not mention on the website.
The answer she got was (the decision of apo/rpo shall be considered final)

Ok.. I have filled up the forms for myself, my wife and my son, and uploaded it today. All three applications using a single login credential. Online payment is now mandatory for all PSKs I believe. Paid the amount using my credit card. Got appointments on 10th July for all three of us. Hope everything goes on fine then. :)

Anyone recently tried to take appointment for Mumbai PSK (Andheri or Malad only) ? When did you try and after how many days did u get the appointment ?
I might be at my home in Mumbai in the month of August (12th-16th) and i wish to get my passport work done then (name endorsing of wife). So i want to ensure that my appointment date comes in this week only (15th is holiday). For this happen i am planning to do the booking on Thursday 8th August.
Looks like a plan ?
I believe appointments can be taken only between Sunday and Thursday right ?

Last time i tried for Malad PSK, i got a date 3 days after the date when i actually took the appointment.

Another query, i see that one can cancel / renew appointment only 3 times per year. This applies to a single application or a single user id ?
If single application then can't i just create a new application and book through that ? (Duplicate application, old application will as it probably expire in 90 days, right ?)
If single id then can't i just create a new Id and book through that ?

This is what I just did this today (thursday)..... this is for the Andheri-E PSK
1] Downloaded the e-form for New/Fresh passport 10:30 hrs & filled it up & saved it by 13:30 hrs [after gup-shups with various folks] - Chose 'normal' & not tatkal [although I need the latter]
2] Uploaded the New/Fresh passport file XML file at 14:15 hrs
3] Grabbed a quick lunch & done by 14:25 hrs
4] Scanned 4 essential docs & uploaded them by 14:53 hrs [these have to be < 1MB ]
5] 14:55 to 15:00 hrs ...... was at the "schedule an appointment" and kept trying continuously for around 15-20 times (my daughters hand was on the mouse to click on NEXT or 'back again':rolleyes:] at around 15:00:15 hrs I hit pay dirt :dead: & got a confirmed appointment for 17th July at 12:15 hrs.... [so that's 21 days from today]. Took the print-outs of the same.

@raksrules; @logistopath
- I do not see any option to pay the 'fees' online [all PSK's centers do not have it] :(
- You cannot chose/decide when to schedule an appointment [day/date/time]

Querries/Tasks that remain
1] When can I upload the Police-Verification & how long will it take before I get the 'passport in my hands'
2] Will try my best [storm heaven or hell] to see if I can re-schedule the appointment to the earliest [via the AGENT route]
3] Keep exploring 'tatkal' options - then I can walk-in and proceed further
4] Need an 'agent' [if it works at all] as I need the passport URGENTLY
5] Passports for my wife & daughter (not very urgent) - Should I do it from my own user-ID or create separate ones for both of them ?

@terence_fdes

I will be filling the form online only, not downloading and uploading XML. Is it ok ?
About documents upload, do we actually need to scan the documents and upload it or i can directly take it physically when i go to the passport center ?

Btw 17th July Appointment ?? :eek: So this is totally unpredictable. Now i cannot do the trial and error method. I need an appointment date between 12th and 16th August. Not sure if i can get this done.

Can you go and try rescheduling it online ? Do not actually reschedule, just try and see what options does it offer to you.

If anyone else did this for Malad-PSK do let me know.

@raksrules: Uploading scanned documents is optional. Not mandatory. You will have to carry the documents along with photocopies to the PSK anyway. Appointments cannot be predicted. You will be allotted the earliest appointment available. When you click on schedule appointment, you get a screen first displaying the tentative date you might get an appointment. Probably that should help you.

@terence_fdes: As mentioned above, you need not upload the documents. You can take it with you in hand during the appointment. ALso, one log in credential is okay for all family members. You just need to upload the xml files separately.

@terence_fdes

I will be filling the form online only, not downloading and uploading XML. Is it ok ?
About documents upload, do we actually need to scan the documents and upload it or i can directly take it physically when i go to the passport center ?

Btw 17th July Appointment ?? :eek: So this is totally unpredictable. Now i cannot do the trial and error method. I need an appointment date between 12th and 16th August. Not sure if i can get this done.

Can you go and try rescheduling it online ? Do not actually reschedule, just try and see what options does it offer to you.

If anyone else did this for Malad-PSK do let me know.

Uploading is 'optional'.
My colleague also logged in at the same time as I yesterday & he chose Malad-PSK and got the 'same appointment date as I did - 17th July. Looks like for both these PSK's everything gets over [scheduled appointments] withing the first 30-60 secs at 15:00 hrs.
Will try - rescheduling [but I am so friggin nervous of losing this much sought after appointment so dunno how many steps I will proceed :eek:]

Back