Queries related to passport

In my case, all they looked at was my Voter Card. I did carry my driver's license and PAN card as well but they weren't interested. Said Voter Card alone is more than enough. My experience was at the Chandigarh PSK. Went too smooth to be true.

In my case, all they looked at was my Voter Card. I did carry my driver's license and PAN card as well but they weren't interested. Said Voter Card alone is more than enough. My experience was at the Chandigarh PSK. Went too smooth to be true.

Now the process is ironed out mostly. There are no delays or lags. In some places everything is online, even police verification. In Pune, I remember when the local police started cribbing that we do not have the personnel to tackle online applications, they got a reply from higher ups that get adept people, we don't give rats ass, this system is in place now.. no changing !!

Ok so on passport website I went to check for the documents requires to apply for Infant passport.
I selected Minor -> Parent(s) holding valid Passport with spouse name endorsed

It says the following things are required..

7001 Proof Of Present Address
List of Acceptable Documents M
7002 Proof Of Date Of Birth
List of Acceptable Documents M
8067 A Declaration affirming the particulars furnished in the application about the minor as per: Annexure 'H' M
8038 Attested photocopy of Passport of both or either parent M

Now here, the first document, proof of present address, for this my passport first and last page and my aadhaar card will do ? My wife's passport won't work as she has he before marriage name and address in it. But she does have aadhaar card with after marriage name and address.

For DOB, we have birth certificate

What is this 8067 declaration annexure 'H' ? Someone please explain.

Last one attested copy of passport of my passport. This is self attestation or through lawyer like notarization types ?

About the picture to be taken, do I need to take a picture with his eyes open and both ears visible, on my mobile and then take that pic to a photo shop and to get it processed ?
Is it like that shop will photoshop a white background ?

Annexure H is available on passport website only. Take print out and fill-in required details.

Yes, take photo from mobile and get it edited. Take picture such that eyes are open and both ears are visible.

Attested copy is self attestation.

Annexure H is available on passport website only. Take print out and fill-in required details.

Yes, take photo from mobile and get it edited. Take picture such that eyes are open and both ears are visible.

Attested copy is self attestation.

Both ears visible mandatory ? Because I have few pics of my son on my mobile and I can hardly see ears (from the front angle).
Or may be I should hold him and make his ears protrude a bit outside using my fingers and take a pic at that time ?

I recently got my kids passport. They accept normal pics and no need to do that exercise to take the pic. They insist more on the document part of parents.

Both ears visible mandatory ? Because I have few pics of my son on my mobile and I can hardly see ears (from the front angle).
Or may be I should hold him and make his ears protrude a bit outside using my fingers and take a pic at that time ?
It will do if it's not completely visible. Just make sure that on bed his head is straight and eyes open which you click the picture.

It will do if it's not completely visible. Just make sure that on bed his head is straight and eyes open which you click the picture.

yes that i will surely do. Just that it is too difficult for a 1 Month old to make that do :p

Btw what about attestation of the parent(s) passport ? Just take a photocopy and sign it myself ?

Yes. Take print on white paper and sign. They also took copy of my wife's passport which had her before marriage name and address.

Do we get passport application appointment for Saturdays ? Or only weekdays ? Because I need to plan for leave accordingly.
Also here is my scenario.

My wife's passport - Her before marriage name
My passport - Under spouse name - Wife's After marriage name

My wife's adhaar - After Marriage Name

My son's passport application - Gave mother name as AFTER marriage name.

Does this look fine ?
I am asking because while filling the application, one section was "Family Details" (or something similar) where they asked mother and father name and also their passport number.
I gave my wife's name as AFTER marriage one and passport number (which has BEFORE marriage name). Any issues in doing so ?

Guys I have taken appointment for my son's passport application for 08th Sept Monday.
For the picture, can anyone tell me what exactly should I do.
I will try to take of pic of him in mobile with eyes towards camera and open.
Then should I take the pic in a pen drive to a photo store and tell them to make it useful for passport application ?
If yes then what do they do in that and should I take a hard copy of the processed picture to the PSK on appointment day ?
In PSK, will they scan the passport size photo and upload in their system ?

Yes, you need to take hard copy of photo as per passport specification. Photo studio person can do that. At passport centre they will scan it and take thumb impression of your son for signature.

Can you tell exactly the current status of passports and for whom you are applying for.

My wife and I hold valid passports. In my passport, my wife's after marriage name is mentioned under spouse name.
In her passport, she has old before marriage name since it was taken before our marriage.

Now I am applying for my son who is one month old.

Now you can apply for both your son's and wife's passport together. They will require both parents passport, (your wife's old passport will do) marriage certificate for changing name i your wife's passport and Aadhar card. Annexure H is a simple statement available on the website, download and print on simple paper. That's it.

Now you can apply for both your son's and wife's passport together. They will require both parents passport, (your wife's old passport will do) marriage certificate for changing name i your wife's passport and Aadhar card. Annexure H is a simple statement available on the website, download and print on simple paper. That's it.

But I don't really want to change my wife's passport just yet. As I will have to change address and everything and that will mean police verification and may be delays. I don't want delay.

As far as my son's passport is concerned, will there be police verification ? I had read somewhere that if spouse name is endorsed in either of the parents' passport, then it is not done. Can anyone clarify ?
Also how much time frame before application and getting the passport ?

For minors below 5 years age, there is no police verification.
Timeline depends on passport printing department, in my case from application to receipt, complete process took just 21 days. In my kind's case it took them around 40 days. The delay happened at printing stage.

As far as my son's passport is concerned, will there be police verification ? I had read somewhere that if spouse name is endorsed in either of the parents' passport, then it is not done. Can anyone clarify ?
Also how much time frame before application and getting the passport ?
There will not be any police verification for a child passport. There was none for my son. His passport took 2 weeks from date of application to passport delivery in hand.

Back