Query about tourist visa to USA

I am reading everything related to admin processing and they are saying it is because they want to do additional check and stuff. Problem is that there is not fixed timelines and max is 90 days. WTF.
This is messing up with our plans. Never expected the application to in this status. The visa officer said it was approved. No form or 221g or ping slip was issued, wasn't told to go to another counter, nothing.
I guess you are overthinking. That admin processing stuff must be part of a standard reply. Give it a day more.

@logistopath

Status on CEAC website now shows "Issued" which is a great relief. Now waiting for passport. Emailing that automatic reply address still gives it is with post. I need the AWB number so i can book tickets accordingly.

They use bluedart almost always, you should have the passports in 2 working days.

Now sending email to that id I get reply as "Origin Scan". So basically it is ready to be dispatched but I don't expect it to be received by monday. If I am 100% sure we will get on monday, we can book tickets for tuesday early morning.
They have sort of done all packing and only waiting for passport. I had read somewhere that we can track on bluedart using passport number by giving as ref no but it is not working as of now.

http://ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-passporttrack.asp#options

Don't forget today is a holiday across offices.

Now sending email to that id I get reply as "Origin Scan". So basically it is ready to be dispatched but I don't expect it to be received by monday. If I am 100% sure we will get on monday, we can book tickets for tuesday early morning.
They have sort of done all packing and only waiting for passport. I had read somewhere that we can track on bluedart using passport number by giving as ref no but it is not working as of now.

STILL HOLIDAY

Yeah I know :(
Do you think it will actually be in transit tomorrow and we can get it on Tuesday.[DOUBLEPOST=1437396005][/DOUBLEPOST]The status turned from origin scan directly to ready for pickup. They have picked up the passports and are traveling early tuesday morning.

Last edited:
I'm in a similar situation, I'm in US and need to apply visitor visa for my parents. Will be glad if anyone can answer my questions:
1. Does both the parents attend the interview together?
2. And can any one of them answer all the questions asked by VO?
3. And do we choose a different language interview when setting up the interview appointment?

I'm in a similar situation, I'm in US and need to apply visitor visa for my parents. Will be glad if anyone can answer my questions:
3. And do we choose a different language interview when setting up the interview appointment?

1. Yes it would be good if both are interviewed together.
2. No. Absolutely no. Whoever has been asked has to answer, other person should not speak.
3. Yes you can opt for a translator. For my dad, we wanted a Gujarati or Hindi Translator (he understands and talks english but the accent may throw him off so we opted). But due to the appointment mess, we had to get interview done in Delhi (instead of Mumbai) and most interviewers were very proficient in Hindi there. But yes you can get a translator.

In addition, if you have any strong reason to invite (I know you don't need one) then it is better. For us it was my son's Birthday. But the interviewed never bothered to ask /check any additional documents or my invite letter.

1. Yes, very much possible. Just request for this once they go for appointment.
2. If it is a pointed question to one person, same person must answer, else it goes against them. If the question is for both, either may answer, however, both must answer a few questions, it should not be that just one person has answered all such queries.
3. Surely. Many languages are available. It may affect your visa appointment date, as all languages are not available every day.

FYI, these things are very weird. I was not asked a single question. Guy just took my passport and put it in the slot and said "your application has been processed, you will receive your passport in 2 days time". Considering my passport has stamps of all war torn countries in middle east, it was a minor feat in itself.

My parents attended the Visa interview in Chennai a month ago.
1. Yes.
2. No - I was told that the VO asked some questions to my mom
3. Yes you can.

My parents interview lasted about 10-15 mins.. I did not send them any invites or fill up any form stating that I would sponsor their trip.

ok , i have a maternal uncle in USA , and its the marriage of their son , my cousin .

he has sent me 3 documents

1- his employer document to show that he works in a govt department there he can afford to invite us and take care of us

2-gurudwara letter stating that yes there is a wedding on so and so date.

3- some form from homeland security ......form number is -I -134 (affidavit of support) guaranteeing that my family will be there to atend wedding only , and bla bla .

the thing is that due to some health issues neither of us can go to attend the wedding................but i am planning to get a visa based on these documents , which i assume is for next 10 years .............so that when we will be ok to go , we can go in future .

we all know that its pretty damn hard to get USA visa otherwise .

am i on the right path? i mean its possible to get visa this way , even if i dont go this time ? there is no issues in this type of visa for next 10 years right?

what do i have to do next and till when ? wedding date is 26 september

Last edited:
@toocool6600

Yes you can get the Visa on the basis of these things even if at the end you do not go. I would suggest contacting some agent and getting a blocking "dummy" ticket for outward and inward travels. Those all letters will only be useful if the visa officer actually asks them. I sent my dad the invite letter but it was never asked. They had entire itinerary from the tour operator for their local US tour, that was never asked. Also I never gave any of my financials here to show I can "support" them here. They even took their assets information in India (own house, demat accounts with shares etc) to prove (if asked) that they fully intend to come back to India and only going for touring USA and attending a function.
I don't even know what that I-134 is.
They got Visa for 10 years.

@toocool6600

Yes you can get the Visa on the basis of these things even if at the end you do not go. I would suggest contacting some agent and getting a blocking "dummy" ticket for outward and inward travels. Those all letters will only be useful if the visa officer actually asks them. I sent my dad the invite letter but it was never asked. They had entire itinerary from the tour operator for their local US tour, that was never asked. Also I never gave any of my financials here to show I can "support" them here. They even took their assets information in India (own house, demat accounts with shares etc) to prove (if asked) that they fully intend to come back to India and only going for touring USA and attending a function.
I don't even know what that I-134 is.
They got Visa for 10 years.

pls can u share how did the VO interview go? what questions were asked during interview???

pls can u share how did the VO interview go? what questions were asked during interview???
Their visa interview was short and not much was asked. They asked why going and they told they are coming to birthday of my son and also tour USA. They asked my dad what he does and my brother same question. Nothing else. Told approved.

^ did they carry all original docs with them to the interview? Stuff like CA letter etc??? is it any usefull?

What is a CA letter ? I did send them an email letter (not handwritten or signed) mentioning that I am calling them to attend my son's birthday and tour USA and such stuff like I will take care of their expenses and accommodation etc.

Back