Video query regarding InCable with STB for LCD monitors

TEUser2K1

Skilled
Hi all,

Cable TV in my area is solely from InCable (otherwise, I have to opt for DTH which I don't want to do, due to some other reasons).

:: Indigital :: CAQs

They are giving STBs from STB manufacturers Techno Trend of Germany & Wistron of Korea, according to their website. A smart card is inserted to start full channels.

Since I only use an LCD Monitor, not an LCD TV, I want STB with VGA or DVI-D connector with it. But InCable customer care or cable tv operator have no idea of STBs with such connectors.

I want to know from those with experience:

- Whether I can source STBs from open market (which have VGA or DVI-D ports) and use it with InCable ?

- InCable is also providing internet over their STBs. Are someone using it nearby Andheri (E), how is it ?

Thanks...

Does it have HDMI out? If you are opting for a HD DTH connection, the STB should come with an HDMI out. And you can get yourself an HDMI to DVI cable/converter to connect your LCD to it.

The STB they provide does not provide HDMI.

The InCable net office customer care does not respond to emails, their customer care does not have any idea what they are talking.

Just plain bland guys...

My option would be to buy compatible STB which can take their smart card, from market if possible.

Don´t know about availability or model /specs.

are you are taking connection over PC setup? as u said there is LCD monitor if its PC then u need TV Tuner card

if not sadly you left with rare and limited options

If I use PCI card, I will have to keep the computer up and running to see TV which will be a very power consuming thing to do.

Otherwise, the option is to use external combo box - again here, I will need to use and maintain another power consuming box and lot of cables just to see TV.

The best option for me is a STB with a DVI-D or VGA port.

Looks like there are some, but not sure of availability and compliance.

hmmm.... looks like very less information on STBs for cable providers...

USE TV-Tuner Box.

no need of PC.

connect Ur monitor directly to TV-tuner box.

buy 4m lamignton road or order online 4m theitwares.com.

i am using one.

Back