PC Peripherals Quick Help with spec-ing a non-gaming system

JediMaster said:
I wasn't aware that Delta has the Venice now. Eddy ! I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if I could get a Venice - and for 7.5 K if I push my luck !
Yep, Freaky had mentioned this quite sometime back. Calling them might not be a waste, hoping you can get him to read the P/N off the heatspreader which he usually shouldnt hesitate to do (he gave me P/Ns on even stuff like Hard disks saying I could google for more info). Have been to Ritchie street a couple of times since then, but keep forgetting to go check on the Venice and perhaps some new steppings! :D

Had a feeling this would happen though. Stock seems to move through Delta's hands fairly quickly - as a result they seem to have the more recent processors in their inventory i.e. cores like the Venice, and when we were talking about week 15 or 17, they were already up at week 19.
While we're on it - their arent any week 15 - 19 Winnie's right? Reason being i'm wondering if AMD have stopped producing Winnie's altogether and the only thing leaving their fabs are Venice's. Perhaps any Winnie's in stores might be old stock.

And you can imagine the IQ level of the rest of the dealers if that's the case with Delta
My point exactly! ;) Should be fairly easy to get a Venice from your dealer if he has a fast moving business - fast moving stock - fairly recent processors - and has no clue about how much 'different' it is :D

Back