Graphic Cards R.I.P HD4850 and Hello.....?

Yes the final decision is made,HD6950 with VX450 it is.
Jonny says it should be fine. I don't think we should argue with anyone else now.
<

PS: pinged him on FB sometime back and he quickly responded.

Ethan, run it on the PSU. It will be fine. Just do not run stuff like Kombuster, Furmark and sythentic stress benchmark. Fire up a game, If you get any BSOD or game warping let us know.

No worries here.

Sure thing boss.
<

In the event, my mood changes, I might just get a PSU as well. In which case, I'd probably be willing to invest in something better, like say, a TX650 perhaps. Let's see.

tx 650 v2 is almost equivalent to the s12ii. the seasonic has much better conponents.. tx is a remodelled s12ii only.. honestly few people are having a terrible time with the v2.. buy the v1 or seasonic..

however if jonny says it is enough then there is no further question..

although#Gannu did you tell him the op's complete spec? the psu calculator states he requires a minimum 500w..

When i upgraded i had the option for HD 5770/HD5850/ HD 6850/HD 6870 But since my psu was of limited capabilities i chosed the first one in the line.At that time 6850 and 5770 was of almost equal price with 6850 being slightly faster but required a 500w psu.

In simple words 6850<5850<6870<5870<6900 SERIES.

But i think you can run a 560ti easily.

although#Gannu did you tell him the op's complete spec? the psu calculator states he requires a minimum 500w..

Yes.

Allwyn I'd advise the Corsair against Seasonic because of Corsair's impeccable customer support from Kaizen. Tirupati is equally good but folks have experienced some downtimes due to delays in responses and so forth. But with Kaizen, it has always been positive.

Are you sure about this?

Yeah.. actually you can see that the rma rates of corsair have gone up quite a lot.. a member of another forum had to rma his RAM three times to get a good kit.. similarly two people i know have already rma'ed their tx650v2. This is not bad per se but for corsair standards that is high.. compared to the v1, v2 seems to have slightly more rma..

Yes.

Allwyn I'd advise the Corsair against Seasonic because of Corsair's impeccable customer support from Kaizen. Tirupati is equally good but folks have experienced some downtimes due to delays in responses and so forth. But with Kaizen, it has always been positive.

Completely agree there.. corsair service is legendary... tirupathi is also very good but cannot compare to corsair nationally.. i had my s12ii 620 replaced in 2 hours from tirupathi.. so not much difference if you live in a major city..

The 5 year warranty is definitely a bonus for Corsair PSU's. So which model then?

seasonic also has 5 years man..

sorry i havent gone through the entire post as i dont have much time.But anyways if you have a single HDD and your system is not much loaded then i dont understand why cant you run the GTX 560ti.On another note i will recommend the HD 6970.If you are upgrading your psu too_Otherwise first get the one you feel is suitable.Test.If you feel its not good then go for the psu.

It does? Oh cool. In that case, the S12ii 620 should be enough for a CPU upgrade later on too right?

easily.. the future cpus' will have much lesser tdp and lesser power consumption.. so it will be more than enough.. also the s12ii is 4.5k whereas the tx650 is 5.5k.. more money for the gpu:)

Ethan you'll save 1k if you go for S12ii 620w,although if you go for Tx650 then go for V2 ver,V2 version is 80+bronze certified and has better efficiency than tx650,so it's upto you.

Ethan the E8400 will bottleneck the 560ti pretty badly..Better to get a 6850/6870..

Or if you are planning to upgrade your CPU sometime soon then get the 560Ti eyes closed!

sorry i havent gone through the entire post as i dont have much time.But anyways if you have a single HDD and your system is not much loaded then i dont understand why cant you run the GTX 560ti.On another note i will recommend the HD 6970.If you are upgrading your psu too_Otherwise first get the one you feel is suitable.Test.If you feel its not good then go for the psu.

I have 3 HDD's + 1 DVD burner. If I'm getting a PSU, then I'll invest in a good one. That's what I did when I got my VX450 as well, which still seems to be going rock solid, even after 3 1/2 years.
<

seasonic also has 5 years man..

PrimeABGB's site lists manufacturer warranty for Seasonic at 3 years.
<

Ethan you'll save 1k if you go for S12ii 620w,although if you go for Tx650 then go for V2 ver,V2 version is 80+bronze certified and has better efficiency than tx650,so it's upto you.

Yep. I'll save a full grand on it. But between the 2, which one is really better?

Ethan the E8400 will bottleneck the 560ti pretty badly..Better to get a 6850/6870..

Or if you are planning to upgrade your CPU sometime soon then get the 560Ti eyes closed!

That's what worries me Ram. The CPU upgrade would be imminent, but it would be down the line and not instantly. So for now, the card (and PSU) would have to suffice.

not sure what happened.... just read the first post and now on the last page people are talking about PSUs
<

anyways, waiting for the HD 7850/7870 is a decent option I guess... they should cost around 15-20k..

OT RAGE

Things couldn't have gone worse for my vacation. First my graphic card dies and yesterday night my 5 year old Hitachi 250GB started making the click sound and gave me the middle finger. At first, I was scared shitless if it was one of the 1TB HDD's, but I unplugged them and just booted it with this HDD and this was the one which had failed. Sadly, this was my OS drive and the rest don't have any empty partition. Now I'll have to empty one of the my backup 320GB SATA drive to use it as the OS drive. The good news is the Hitachi HDD is still in warranty (yeah 5 years FTW) and I just created an RMA request for it. What a week this has been for me.
<

Back