RA-ONE or ROCKSTAR --- The Bigger Jhilaitis?

arjun123

Adept
Jan 25, 2006
And we thought RA-ONE was the worst possible thing possible? I just returned back after watching ROCKSTAR and the movie felt like the shittiest movie ever. Towards the end everyone at the hall was praying the movie to end so they can go home. So whats your take?

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Jun 13, 2009
New Delhi
arjun123 said:
And we thought RA-ONE was the worst possible thing possible? I just returned back after watching ROCKSTAR and the movie felt like the shittiest movie ever. Towards the end everyone at the hall was praying the movie to end so they can go home. So whats your take?

Well you have yourself to blame only.

That is:

rockstar-movies-02-101111-600.jpg

RockstarMoviewwwmaxhungamacom5.jpg

An Indian movie star, looking like an Arab, trying to be a Rockstar -- but ending up a hippie. For sure 100% Rockstar x NOT.

Bluffmaster

Skilled
Jan 4, 2006
Just watched Rockstar and I loved it. Pretty good movie, comparing it to RA.ONE is blasphemous. Ranbir Kapoor gave his soul to this film and it shows, Nargis too has made an impressive debut. I have a feeling that this film is going to receive a cult status. This happened with Rock On too, initially it received a luke warm response but after repeat viewings it grew on you. I would also like to make a special mention of the music, some of the tracks are simply awesome and the cinematography absolutely brilliant. The music takes time to grow on you though. The track in the Hazrad Nizzamuddin Masjid is spectacular and so is Sadda Haq with extremely powerful lyrics.

I seriously do not understand all the hate towards bollywood movies. Lately, bollywood has been churning out quite a lot of interesting movies. Examples being Shaitan, Pyar ka punchnama, Mujhse fraandship karoge etc. It is very easy to criticize a movie but I belive one should atleast try to appreciate the effort which goes into making of a film. A film of this scale is not easy to make and everyone involved has given their best effort, atleast try and appreciate that. Although I personally hated RA.ONE but I have to say that it too was a landmark for bollywood with special effects on par with hollywood movies, it was aimed at kids and it was successful in exciting them.

chiron

Skilled
Feb 8, 2006
lol I knew something was up when I started seeing people talk about how "amazing" it was on facebook.

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Jun 10, 2010
Mumbai
so what to say :/

me and my friends were planning to go tomorrow for the show and so should we or not :/

or else i would have to get satisfied by looking there faces @ the show . { only applicable to girls :p }

Aug 29, 2009
Ra one before the interval was way better the rockstar... Rockstar overall is average, Ra-one second half was poor.

Ranbir was awesome, his best performance according to me till date, nargis was strictly ok. Infact its ranbir who kept making her look good in most of the scenes///

Cult status or not, the end seriously got dragged and i wish Imtiaz ali had given a thought to it. D music truly ROCKED....

arjun123

Adept
Jan 25, 2006
Bluffmaster said:
Just watched Rockstar and I loved it. Pretty good movie, comparing it to RA.ONE is blasphemous. Ranbir Kapoor gave his soul to this film and it shows, Nargis too has made an impressive debut. I have a feeling that this film is going to receive a cult status. This happened with Rock On too, initially it received a luke warm response but after repeat viewings it grew on you. I would also like to make a special mention of the music, some of the tracks are simply awesome and the cinematography absolutely brilliant. The music takes time to grow on you though. The track in the Hazrad Nizzamuddin Masjid is spectacular and so is Sadda Haq with extremely powerful lyrics.

I seriously do not understand all the hate towards bollywood movies. Lately, bollywood has been churning out quite a lot of interesting movies. Examples being Shaitan, Pyar ka punchnama, Mujhse fraandship karoge etc. It is very easy to criticize a movie but I belive one should atleast try to appreciate the effort which goes into making of a film. A film of this scale is not easy to make and everyone involved has given their best effort, atleast try and appreciate that. Although I personally hated RA.ONE but I have to say that it too was a landmark for bollywood with special effects on par with hollywood movies, it was aimed at kids and it was successful in exciting them.

I too loved Shaitan, PKP and MFP. But Rockstar and cult?

I mean where is ROCK in the movie except the SADDA HAQ song? All the time Ranbeer rushes to the stage with so much intensity and breaks into those slow songs which are ideal for cute romantic love stories but if any Rockstar dares singing them onstage "JOOTE Padenge JOOTE"

And all the shit about heartbreak? Ranbeer's heart is never broken in love. Infact its broken because his family ditches him. And the reason shown for his popularity is not his music but the reason that he is dumped into jail for infinite time for what? TRESSPASSING? Are you kidding me? And till the end I didn't understood why the hell two of them were not living together? Neither nargis's parents nor his husband had a problem so why not divorce and live happily? And the pregnancy shit was utterest crap ever. Infact One bullet funda felt better after seeing this. ;)

And you talk about repeat viewings? Ending tak to koi ruk nahi raha. Repeat viewing to imtiaz ali khud bhi paise dega tab bhi nahi karne wala koi.

All and all its a total waste of Awesom idea. Now I wish Farhan Akhtar had made this movie. :(

Konquerror

Adept
Nov 7, 2009
Bangalore
pranavprakash.net
Rockstar and cult: Are you serious?

It' a pathetic movie...they dragged the end...Nargis sucked big time in acting...Ranbir's acting was okay...and don't even compare it with Rock On...I loved that movie after watching first time...Rockstar is nowhere near it...

Bluffmaster

Skilled
Jan 4, 2006
For all the naysayers, this film will grow on you just like its songs, trust me. I have been constantly humming "Jo Bhi main" song since morning, a song which I hated when I first heard it.

pradeep200417

Shunya
Adept
Apr 12, 2009
Mangalore
Spacescreamer said:
Where is the 'Didnt see any of those Duds' option ??

Yeah i was also searching for one of those. But based my vote entirely on my views on the Trailer. Both looked shitty as hell, but rockstar took the crown.

agupta02

Disciple
Aug 24, 2009
Bluffmaster said:
For all the naysayers, this film will grow on you just like its songs, trust me. I have been constantly humming "Jo Bhi main" song since morning, a song which I hated when I first heard it.

"I Hate you like a I love you" syndrome is it :p?

On a different note, you are certainly in the minority about your reviews of Rockstar. Most of the people I know and who have gone and seen it are not too gung-ho about it. And your comparison of Rockstar with Rock-on is like comparing apples and oranges. Rock-On got very good reviews from the beginning itself besides the fact that the story line for both the pictures is completely different not to mention the casting which for Rock-on was far superior IMO.

Sarath_

Adept
Oct 11, 2011
Bangalore
Rockstar was good. Watched it yesterday. It isn't anything like the trailers suggest.

Worth a watch 7.5/10

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk