RA-ONE or ROCKSTAR --- The Bigger Jhilaitis?

Supra said:
Some retards will HATE the movie...some will just luv it ! Why keep on flaming each other for that ! Way better than Ra One is my personal view :D

:no: Just someone doesn't like the movie makes him retard ? :no:

Had people preconceived it as bad before watching the movie, i would have agreed to you.

ramanujpatro said:
:no: Just someone doesn't like the movie makes him retard ? :no:

Had people preconceived it as bad before watching the movie, i would have agreed to you.

Agree. Media today is in the hands of a select few, who consider themselves as torch bearers of change. Being the vocal (and visible) ones, they enforce their opinion (which hardly matters) as the voice of a nation, with a generous dose of personal vendetta.

I went back and watched the rest of the movie, and my opinion changed. It is actually far worse than I had initially thought. The music (if that's what it is being called) is jarring, or non-existent rather. The narrative is inconsistent, and there is an overdose of Ranbir Kapoor, who, though quite a fine actor, doesn't really have the screen presence to hold the viewer's attention for long spans in a bad film (ala Saawariya).

I read in a few reviews that Rockstar is painful; I agree - it is painful for the viewer to endure such awful stuff

haven't seen RA-ONE but have to say was bit disappointed with Rockstar...music and promos were just way too good than the movie....may be that's why its not living upto people expectations...and tbf i can't blame them....Ranbir is good...Nargis Fakri just over acted the hell out of her role....idea was good but could have been executed in much much better way...overall it was a big let down....as someone said above...it just won't firgging end

I've not seen nor plan to watch Rockstar but this movie is probably 100x better;

I get chills everytime at the point where the girl starts singing :hap2:

Guys watched Rockstar today, Slept through most of it(Cinemax has the best seats in New Delhi).

The music seemed nice enough in the trailers,But I dont know why I did not like it on the screen.

The Movie though is much better then some of the past drivel like welcome,Body guard , ready. Atleast Rockstar has a different subject and does not tries to be a mindless comedy, though I admit I did not get the story entirely.

Came back and to detoxify myself listened to some Ajay Chakroborthy and Shiv Hari.

Visuals were good but still to make up for the lost 4 hours of entertainment watched The Ipcress file Again. :ashamed:

Change of genre really works great for your mood.

Watched rockstar..did not understand...may be i am dumb.....sh1t movie....nothing related to being a rockstar...cult movie---no way, no no way....nargis is hot...she sucks at acting though.....

^ Not understanding a movie doesn't make you dumb! However, stating so gives some of those who think they understood the movie a false sense of superiority

Acting was below par, story was below par, songs were amazing, it's worth going to the theater just to listen to them in surround sound.

P.S. Wannabe firangis won't appreciate any bollywood movie.

umm ........

- so to become rockstar one should eat samosa with asking for more chutney ?
-he should watch c grade film with girlfriend
-never fall in love with wannabe rockstar , you will drop in comma ,worse u may get pregnant

-cult movie ? wtf

agantuk said:
^ Not understanding a movie doesn't make you dumb! However, stating so gives some of those who think they understood the movie a false sense of superiority

Yeah but i was not able to comprehend as to what was going on especially in the last half a hour. And i never understood why Jordan was famous ?? They did not show any concert etc which had made him famous or anything. One moment he is in Jail, another moment he is on stage, no link whatsoever.

That chick getting pregnant...lol..wtf.

Also that tharki bhabhi of Jordan..lol

Also why were those guys hitting Jordan at the start / as well as end, no reason for that.

Although Rockstar was average, please don't compare it with Ra-One! That is just blasphemous! Rockstar had a slick first half, but the last 30 mins were too much of a drag. Had the movie been shorter by 30 minutes, it would've been a pretty decent flick. To compare, I'd rate Rockstar 6/10 and Ra-One 1/10.

Back