Audio Radius "DDM" : Out of the box impressions

^ Because Black OEM was not available. Whenever it gets back in stock, it sells out quickly :(

However, contrary to my reservations, I don't find the reds that much distracting. It covers only one side of the housing, the other side is black.

^ I have. I felt no need to use an amp with DDM with any of my players. With Clip+, I just need to keep the volume around 40-50% for DDM compared to 70-80% for RE0.

However, I have a feeling that it pairs better with the S9 compared to both Clip+ and Fuze. DDM does not perform greatly at lower volume levels. May be it's just that. Will need more listening to confirm that though.

esanthosh said:
^ I have. I felt no need to use an amp with DDM with any of my players. With Clip+, I just need to keep the volume around 40-50% for DDM compared to 70-80% for RE0.

However, I have a feeling that it pairs better with the S9 compared to both Clip+ and Fuze. DDM does not perform greatly at lower volume levels. May be it's just that. Will need more listening to confirm that though.
Thanks for the clarification.

I was advised by a member in head-fi that they don't perform well with clip+. Now I am leaning towards the DDM from my initial consideration - HJE 900.

very nice and comprehensive review , but thats an expensive piece of an IEM ,never knew such costly earphones also existed , please spare my ignorance

yeah these cost $1000...right ? ...heard about them and they are UNIVERSALS(why?) ....some cost!!....its siblings cost 200 and 400 i think !..if they launcha custom it'll be around 2500!!

Just a quick note: Musica Acoustics have sold out of the OEM version. Since the manufacturer has stopped offering them OEM version for sale, it's likely they no longer will sell the OEM version of "DDM". So, any further recommendations for DDM must take into account that they are a $160 IEM and not a $110 IEM any more.

Back