RAM prices falling

Will a bios update give support to both DDR4 & DDR5 RAM or it altogether needs hardware support built into the motherboard?
Don't know much about it haven't researched about this topic yet

I think few Alder Lake boards should have similar capability like supporting both ddr4 and ddr5 rams (if they can do something similar in past they can surely do this now).

Rs2599
This price looks better than what we had in DEC/JAN

Last edited:
Don't know much about it haven't researched about this topic yet

I think few Alder Lake boards should have similar capability like supporting both ddr4 and ddr5 rams (if they can do something similar in past they can surely do this now).

Rs2599
This price looks better than what we had in DEC/JAN
Is the above RAM coming with RGB factor as it looks coolish to look.

No this is non-rgb, but there are RGB ones available too.

This is Rs6090 16Gb 3600Mhz RGB CL18
Yes man
The above RGB 3600Mhz RAM now is even cheaper than my non RGB G.skill RAM when I bought it then.
Will it become even cheaper I hope so that I buy the RGB ones and sell my non RGB RAM to somebody.

Snippet:
During Taiwan's Nanya Technology Corporation's Q3 results presentation last Friday, president Dr. Pei-Ing Lee said he expects DRAM pricing to undergo a downwards correction by year end, compensating from recent DRAM pricing increases on a global level. This stems from the current market and supply chain conditions, which might actually be conspiring towards this predicted decline.

I also spotted the same. Encouraging to see after last year's insanity. But CPUs on the other end are priced at MSRP so...

It may be technically possible to enable such a board design - BUT whether intel or the board makers will go that route remains to be seen.... the upgradability factor has reduced slowly - they'll want you to buy a new board for those shiny new DDR5 sticks.

Its now confirmed that Alder Lake CPUs are compatible with both DDR4 and DDR5 DIMM sticks.

Now ball is in the motherboard manufacturers court let's see if they come up with inter-compatible mobos.

Back