Audio Random IEM / Headphone Rants

I received my beyerdynamic DT990 pro 250 ohms, unfortunately the cable is messing with right side CAN speaker is not working perfectly. Whenever there is slide movement in the cable, the right side speaker stops working. I talk to India beyerdynamic office they told me you have to send it back to US we don't provide you any warranty. I know what is the problem but I never open these type CAN. There lose connection, when I move the cable upward the sound back on right of speaker. Does any hard core pro is here who can help me otherwise I have to send it back to US.

I can take a look if you are located around Delhi/NCR.

i got the JVC marshmallows yesterday from pristine note...the packaging is kinda cheap, its just the IEMs alone with 1 set of extra foam tips in a plastic see through box.. the plastic looks kinda cheap too... are they meant to be like that or have I gotten a fake/wrong piece..?

That's how they are.

thanks buddy
<

EPH-100 thread is the paragon of hyperbole.

Don't have any headphones. Will be checking out on earphones.

Its a very good package for its price. Also its one of the few portable amp/dac's which have a treble/bass adjustment feature. Its quite rare for a product of this price and quality.

I sent my TF10 for remolding. Finally! I said to myself after getting my impressions done from Kevin (Owner of Null Audio). In total, it cost's 210$ for the remold + 40$ for artwork + 70$ for the lune cable. Thats singapore dollar not USD. After I paid him, while I was walking out, I thought to myself I could have just bought another top tier for that much
<
. Probably I could have tried the livewires 3 or something in that price range. Baahhhh!! doesn't matter now......i'll pass judgement after they come back.

EPH-100 thread is the paragon of hyperbole.

Its a very good package for its price. Also its one of the few portable amp/dac's which have a treble/bass adjustment feature. Its quite rare for a product of this price and quality.

Sense some confusion here due to not keeping up-to date with hype-fi. EPH-100 is Yamaha EPH-100 IEM with 93 pages of posts. I think you are talking about FiiO E17?
<

Anyways, congrats benny on finally remolding the TF10. Looking forward to your impressions and hoping that the signature remains intact unlike the experience of a few over at head-fi.

Yeah, treble, bass and, balance adjustment is a nice feature. Indeed it helps to tone down bass by few notches in some of the phones.

Checked as DAC but the sound quality is not better than Xonar STX. Still there is nothing to complain about for the price it is offered.

I will try XE200PRO's unbalanced channels with balance option.

Anyone here building DIY cables ? I would like to have one made for my TF10, but am antsy at getting it shipped from ebay ( not looking to be stingy with the budget)

INSANE FIND!!!

santosh buy that bayer t5 , you wont be dissappointed.

even the HE4's price is great.

50 for sr60 is good ( but considering its in singapore , not much )

would have gone for the t5 , if i hadn't already spent all my cash . i hope my stuff sells soon
<

#bennysachdev

Great find indeed. May be I should get the Woo headphone stand!

#strategy

Nopes! I am gunning for a T1 and not T5p. It's either T1 or Hidition NT6 or AKG K3003 unless something better comes along by the time I decide to plunge in. Of that list, WA6SE is interesting, but I have spent money on something else
<

t5p will make a good fullsized HP in travels and journey , it can be driven via, portable amps nicely .

well yeah if you are aiming at t1 its all goood , but t5p is just half its MRP!!!

I still prefer not-so-costly, well isolating, decently well built, easy to replace, decent sounding IEMs over headphones for travel. Clip+ and a 3-4K IEM at most is my limit for travel rig. I just don't feel comfortable carrying costly and/or my valuable possessions while traveling.

Besides, isn't T5P is supposed to be bass light? Granted at that price, it's well worth it, but it's still not cheap.

And if HE-6 isn't as demanding, I'd have gone for it too. I am really weary of building a setup around a single headphone. HE-500 for some reason still holds my interest among the Hifiman line-up.

Just contemplating about getting a Monster Miles Davis Tribute. It was too costly at $300 and over especially considering it's build quality. But, at $120-150, it may be worth a risk. I don't need it considering I have FX700, but there's hardly any logic in what I end up buying.

HE6 is demanding as HELL .

have not tried ANY HP amp till date that drives them , i use a speaker amp . Done the work .

why not get speaker amp and HE6, its not bad i tell you .

Back