Raspberry pi repair

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
My raspberry pi 4b, it seems had a bad power adaptor and sonth must have gone bad owing to excess current.
Is they're a way to get it repaired..

I am in delhi
Thanks

1. Did you try with another adapter ? Always try and use the official adapter, if possible.
2. You may have blown the polyfuse. If that happens then let it cool down and try again after couple of days.
Here are a few troubleshooting steps -

1. Did you try with another adapter ? Always try and use the official adapter, if possible.
2. You may have blown the polyfuse. If that happens then let it cool down and try again after couple of days.
Here are a few troubleshooting steps -
I have used many adaptors and cables mate,
Tried plugging in with and without the card, but nothing
When you just turn it on, you can see very faint red light for 1/4th of a second and then dead as a dodo.

I have used many adaptors and cables mate,
Tried plugging in with and without the card, but nothing
When you just turn it on, you can see very faint red light for 1/4th of a second and then dead as a dodo.
If its the polyfuse then try after couple of days otherwise its a goner

I just had a thought; you can also power the Raspberry Pi 4 from pins on the GPIO header. Using thick wire, supply well-regulated 5V to pin 4, and ground to pin 6.
Take care not to accidentally apply 5V to any of the other pins, as the I/Os are intended for 3.3V operation.

https://github.com/raspberrypi/hats...e.md#back-powering-the-pi-via-the-gpio-header

20200414_115932.f.jpg
image via https://stamm-wilbrandt.de/en/forum/20200414_115932.f.jpg

(bumping his thread to seek help)...

Guys i even bought a multimeter (though I dunno crap how to operate but wherever I tried it seemed that the USB port is okay so it seems there is some other issue...

Can anyone please suggest a repair outlet who know what they are doing for the repair of the pi...

Would be grateful if it's in Delhi.

Thanks

(bumping his thread to seek help)...

Guys i even bought a multimeter (though I dunno crap how to operate but wherever I tried it seemed that the USB port is okay so it seems there is some other issue...

Can anyone please suggest a repair outlet who know what they are doing for the repair of the pi...

Would be grateful if it's in Delhi.

Thanks

If it doesn't get fixed by simple alcohol + toothbrush bath, it's unlikely it'll ever work again. Because it's a raspberry pi and spares are sparse. Even if the CPU, RAM are fine, there's chance some VRM has gone bad. I don't think any electronics repair shop would keep these ICs handy. This is me assuming raspberry has dedicated separate VRMs.

If it doesn't get fixed by simple alcohol + toothbrush bath, it's unlikely it'll ever work again. Because it's a raspberry pi and spares are sparse. Even if the CPU, RAM are fine, there's chance some VRM has gone bad. I don't think any electronics repair shop would keep these ICs handy. This is me assuming raspberry has dedicated separate VRMs.
O ho... I haven't tried the isopropyl trip as yet... As i Beleive some supply problem broke so etching in it.. But i can always try the cleaning

Thanks for bringing this up mate..
God bless

Last edited:
Seems a lost cause
Still same after bathing it in IPA and brushing it...
I may have to look for another one in used mkt

Back