Raspberry Pi

Ordered RPi yesterday from RS Components...got call from their representative for order confirmation today and I confirmed the same for COD...

Generally how much time will it take to receive the device in my hand?

Got my RPi Model B last week , installed RASPBMC. Tried to connect Logitech K400 touchpad/keyboard but no success. What are you guys using ?

I have connected using HDMI , but was not able to operate since no way to navigate without keyboard/mouse/touchpad :(

I get to the XBMC screen and cant navigate.

I have connected using HDMI , but was not able to operate since no way to navigate without keyboard/mouse/touchpad :(

I get to the XBMC screen and cant navigate.

Have you checked at RPi wiki whether this keyboard/mouse/touchpad combo is in the supported device list? I used my spare PS2 KB and PS2 mouse with the RPi with PS2 to USB splitter. Cost around 100 Rs.
ps2_usb_c__20451_zoom.jpg

You will need atleast 1-2 A power supply, a average(branded) mobile charger supplies 500 mA which is just about average for a KB+mouse, less power means your Pi will skip frames, your KB will skip key presses

^^ The current rating should be 800mA or more. Check that. Also, try a USB KB. You may need a powered USB hub if the current consumption of your KB/touchpad combo is more than 100mA (or 150mA - can't recall correctly). Check RPi forum. The USB port of the RPi is rated for a current delivery of 100(or150) mA.

You can also short the polyfuse at the USB connector to raise the limit of current. Check the RPi forum - there are many discussions on it.

Which SD Card are using I'm on Class 4 want to know the performance benefits on Class 6

for using this as 24/7 torrent downloader can i use a 32gb pendrive as storage or hard drive is recommended? i have two spare ide hard disks , for running them 24/7 i will probably need a external casing with fan to keep them cool when running 24/7.

for using this as 24/7 torrent downloader can i use a 32gb pendrive as storage or hard drive is recommended? i have two spare ide hard disks , for running them 24/7 i will probably need a external casing with fan to keep them cool when running 24/7.

I'm running a 2.5 inch laptop HDD with a casing directly fixed on the top of my Dockstar for the last two years 24X7 without any cooling fan. No problem. So, you can also do that with a RPi.

what displays are you guys using for your pi ? i am trying to connect my pi to my LCD monitor/TV but don't know what cables i need ! My LCD monitor has a DVI D port and my TV has RCA video/audio ports. Is there a HDMI to DVI adapter ?

- - - Updated - - -

Got my RPi Model B last week , installed RASPBMC. Tried to connect Logitech K400 touchpad/keyboard but no success. What are you guys using ?

Pi compatible components

Back