I didn't buy wifi dongle.
Bought:
1. DVI to HDMI cable
2. HDMI cable
3. Charger
4. A 4ft long micro SUB to USB cable
5. Two cases
6. 2x Hearsink set (from ebay.com)

Anyone here bought & used little LCD screens with Pi?

- - - Updated - - -

worth trying :

QHim3PM.png

Guys, suggest me a good power adapter for my pi which can also power up my USB external HDD (without any power)
The cheap power adapter I've bought was a big dud.

I would suggest a good powered usb hub which could power your rpi, kbd, mouse and external hdd .. I am using one from logitech which works pretty well ..

More information here -

RPi Hardware - eLinux.org
Raspberry Pi ? View topic - power pi from usb hub connected to pi.

+1 I used a Belkin 4 port powered USB hub when I had my RPi. It came with a 5V 3A power supply and it cost me only about Rs 450 or so at that time. It was able to power the Pi, keyboard, mouse, hard disk/wifi adapter.

Package being too small plus the items must have been the reason. Indian customs will surely charge something the moment they find a circuit board sort of thing. :/
Anyways, I finally ordered a pi from ebay.in. Don't see the prices coming down and didn't want to wait.

Package being too small plus the items must have been the reason. Indian customs will surely charge something the moment they find a circuit board sort of thing. :/
Anyways, I finally ordered a pi from ebay.in. Don't see the prices coming down and didn't want to wait.

For how much did your order it?

What are the advantages of using Pi over RTN13u ?

1) What else I can do other than downloading?
2) Will it support direct downloads?
3) What else do I need to buy and what's the approx cost for other components?

What are the advantages of using Pi over RTN13u ?

1) What else I can do other than downloading?
2) Will it support direct downloads?
3) What else do I need to buy and what's the approx cost for other components?

If you need to use it as a download box, there are much better and cheaper alternatives. I wouldn't advice you to go for a Pi.

Back