Raspberry Pi

but RS components would take time to deliver right ?

Yes it would.

- - - Updated - - -

If the price doesn't come down I guess I'll just end up buying it at ~3k :(

Yes its sad to see even distributor is making huge amount of profit out of a $35 device due to lack of availability.

On a side note, I've ordered pi from ebay, which cost me 3.1K.
If price comes down to ~2.4K in element 14 or RS Components, I'm going to order another one.

I am using Pi as a download box from the past one month... I am very much satisfied with this little device... I bought it from kitsnspares and it costed me 3.1K... The element14 directly shipped it to me from UK..

We can also get it from modmypi.. The cost of the package including shipping is 33GBP which includes a case too...

What exactly is the purpose of Pi for you guys ? If its just a download rig then there are better options out there and cheaper too

If its just a download rig then there are better options out there and cheaper too
Can you tell me some ? I just want Pi to experiment with it. Not sure if I use it as DL rig. If there are other better options, then I wouldn't mind trying them too.

Btw if I order from US or UK, how much customs I have to pay ?

The Pogoplug for example. Available for less than 2k.

Regarding customs, if its sent by normal airmail then probably not as its a small package. But if its through express courier then you'll be charged customs 80% of the time.

Regarding customs, if its sent by normal airmail then probably not as its a small package. But if its through express courier then you'll be charged customs 80% of the time.
Oh damn :( Can you tell me where I can buy Pi cheapest currently?

As Dinjo mentioned if you want to use it as a download box there are better alternatives.

Pi not sure, the prices on element14/RS keep changing.

Pogo was available on iBhejo and IMO since i got Pi more than 1.5 month i have not used it much (Rs.2400) the OS doesn't seems very stable and still seems work going on, pogo seems more stable.If you want to use Pi as XMBC player there is a port but it shutters.

What exactly is the purpose of Pi for you guys ? If its just a download rig then there are better options out there and cheaper too

Learning python on ARM platform. This is my main reason behind ordering.

- - - Updated - - -

Pandaboard would be my next ARM platform.

^^ Kind of..
As pi gives us a good ARM development platform at a very low price, it became my first choice as testing component.

Thanks for replying. Any good books/blog to follow for regarding same ? I already know basic Python, wouldn't mind experimenting !

anyone here into R Pi projects ? Please post if you have done anything with Pi apart from using it as a download rig.

btw check this out :

Back