Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

lomac_29

New Member
Adept
soggy316 said:
Blasphemy!!! :mad: :mad:

10/10 is the rating you give great movies
GUNDA transcends greatness, there is no mortal rating that can be assigned to it, for no other film ever made or any that will be made will ever achieve even 1/10000th of its awesomeness, ratings only demean it, the Best Film ever made. So i would thank you not to impugn the divinity that is GUNDA :cool2:

:p

oh u watched it also ? :O

hmm i aint the sick one alone out here :p

aarey theres "LOHA" to challenge it.... :clap:
 

Bluffmaster

Well-Known Member
Skilled
Oh btw .... In Max Payne , did anyone notice that the real game Max payne James McCaffrey has a cameo? He was the fbi agent which bravura called.
 

lomac_29

New Member
Adept
Bluffmaster said:
Max Payne : 7/10

Pros

1. Very Artistic
2. Amazing cinematography
3. The Movie had a very cold feel to it.
4. Captured the feel & atmosphere of Max Payne the game.
5. Some nice action sequences
6. Olga :eek:hyeah:
Cons

1. Poor script which deviated too much from the original plot.
2. Bad acting by the whole cast.
3. Mark walberg sucked as Max payne because of his wooden acting with no expressions.
4. The famous theme music from the game was not included , not even in the end credits. :S
5. A person not familiar with Max payne would be clueless through out the movie.

In the end, given the write amount of budget and a better star cast this movie could have done wonders. But it was a decent watch if you are a Fan of the Game. It was not as bad as some people make it out to be.
One of the things that made the game famous was the bullet time/slow mo

That was much needed in the muvee :)
just my 2 cents
 

soggy316

Well-Known Member
Adept
lomac_29 said:
oh u watched it also ? :O

hmm i aint the sick one alone out here :p

aarey theres "LOHA" to challenge it.... :clap:

GUNDA is the leetest of all movies - any engineering grad worth his salt has to have seen it - its practially a requirement for the degree! :D

LOHA = Batman Begins
GUNDA = TDK (except that GUNDA is 10 times more awesome than TDK )

:p

Back on topic -

Zack and Miri make a Porno - 7/10 - Nice ;)
The Wrestler - 9.5/10 Awesome
 

lomac_29

New Member
Adept
soggy316 said:
GUNDA is the leetest of all movies - any engineering grad worth his salt has to have seen it - its practially a requirement for the degree! :D

LOHA = Batman Begins
GUNDA = TDK (except that GUNDA is 10 times more awesome than TDK )

:p

Back on topic -

Zack and Miri make a Porno - 7/10 - Nice ;)
The Wrestler - 9.5/10 Awesome

arrey theres so many more "certification : ready muvees" --- Dance of Love ,Gunmaster G9 and yes Aajgar :clap:
me too back to da topic... slumdog millio......5/10

its like the firangis have a fetish for shit laden indian street chap..the muvee shows wat they want to show the audience...the west that is...:no:
 

Bluffmaster

Well-Known Member
Skilled
lomac_29 said:
arrey theres so many more "certification : ready muvees" --- Dance of Love ,Gunmaster G9 and yes Aajgar :clap:
me too back to da topic... slumdog millio......5/10

its like the firangis have a fetish for shit laden indian street chap..the muvee shows wat they want to show the audience...the west that is...:no:
Dude, do you have any idea how much of Indian population is still living under poverty? Slumdog Millionaire depicted that part of India very realistically. Infact unlike many similar movies on the same subject this one did not exaggerate anything. I am actually amazed that a westerner was so accurately able to depict the slum life in India. Anyways, just so you know currently the number of people living in slums in India has more than doubled in the past two decades and now exceeds the entire population of Britain. Next time do not forget that you too were born in this "shit-laden" India.
 

spidy333

New Member
Disciple
Slumdog Millionaire - 5/10.. This movie is getting such great reviews from western critics just because it satisfies all their stereotypes about India..

RocknRolla - 9/10.. Ritchie is back.. Great comedy action flick..
 

YoGi-Sama

Well-Known Member
Skilled
Slumdog Millionaire - 10/10

To all those whiners whining about showing of poor indians and slums... STFU!

It's not about India, it's not about Indian People... try and look past the basic premises of the movie and you'll see a great story of a low-life chap and his life story. This just shows that we cannot think past our frog-in-a-well mentality. If you're so concerned about someone showing Indian slums and poor people, then go out and make a change, make your city a magazine cover beautiful place.

Like the dialog in a movie, when tourist car driver hits Jamal when he sees his car sabotaged, "You wanted to see the real India? Well, here it is, see".
 

neomustdie

Well-Known Member
Adept
iGo said:
Slumdog Millionaire - 10/10

To all those whiners whining about showing of poor indians and slums... STFU!
It's not about India, it's not about Indian People... try and look past the basic premises of the movie and you'll see a great story of a low-life chap and his life story. This just shows that we cannot think past our frog-in-a-well mentality. If you're so concerned about someone showing Indian slums and poor people, then go out and make a change, make your city a magazine cover beautiful place.

Like the dialog in a movie, when tourist car driver hits Jamal when he sees his car sabotaged, "You wanted to see the real India? Well, here it is, see".

well said.. movies should be seen and forgotten.. except gems like these..

regards
neo
 
Top