Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

The Wrestler - 9/10

Very very touching movie, which does not try hard and pretend to be an emotional drama... it's honest, brutal and very realistic. Micky Rourke, was an actor that I always liked to see on screen in whatever character he plays... but after this movie, I can say I've become his fan... he's done exceptional job in this role, and it really really shows. The screenplay and direction, are so well done, that despite this being a little slow paced movie it doesn't get boring at any point.

You don't get to watch movies likes this always... like in one scene Micky Rourke says to Marisa Tomei, after listening to an 80's rock song, "Yeah.! Goddamn, they don't make 'em like they used to."

Bluffmaster said:
Angels and Demons : 8/10 ... The cinematography was breathtaking. But I suggest reading the book before watching this, its a treat to watch actual Vatican buildings and architecture that you may have imagined while reading the book. This one was definitely better than Da Vinci Code.

Its a better treat actually being there in person to see the buildings, especially being inside the Sistine Chapel looking up at Michaelangelo's work :D (yes, this is a showoff post, was there in 1990).

vishalrao said:
Its a better treat actually being there in person to see the buildings, especially being inside the Sistine Chapel looking up at Michaelangelo's work :D (yes, this is a showoff post, was there in 1990).

Bugger, luck you. Perhaps I'd go there sometime. :p

Oh and on topic, saw Angels and Demons yesterday. I haven't read the novel (cos I dont've the habit of reading novels! Dont seem like a novel idea does it?). I've the same point Bluff,aster said - Cinematography! Brilliant should I say. The CERN shots were props and looked amazing.

And another good one by Hanks. (Hurray, another Tom Hanks' movie for the record.) :D

And so: Angels and Demons - 9/10.

8x10 = 0 / 10 = Akshay kumar looks complete mentally retarded in this.. he looked just retarted in his other movies.. but in this he looks a complete official certified mentally retarted!

Maharathi = 8/10... too good movie.. awesome acting from each and everybody. Neha Dhupia looks different and nice. Awesome story and plot. Hats off to all actors associated to this movie for their master pieces. Commercial actors should learn from these legends.

Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb - 9/10

A superb black comedy about the cold war with Peter Sellers in a triple role.

He is not just into you - 6/10...

An Americanized version of the great movie "Love Actually".. based somewhat on the same theme but with heavy American influence, therefore fails big time... one time watch....

Back