Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

What's Your Rashee?.. my GF so wanted to watch it!!.. i can't rate it as both of us couldn't keep our eyes open after the interval.. heck, when it was interval she asked me, "is it interval now?!!".. her tone wasn't pleasant!

What's your Rashee - 2 stars (3 stars for priyanka and -1 star for harman)

London Dreams - 3/5 (Please don compare it with Rock on. The theme is NOT music guys!)

Point Break - 6.5/10

The Hangover - 7.5/10

College - 5/10

Obsessed - 6/10

Up - 7/10

What's eating Gilbert Grapes - 8/10

Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 - 6.5/10

ajab prem ki ghazab khaani - 1/10

PS: The '1' is for the sincere try by Ranbir Kapoor to salvage the film which was sinking like the titanic... but there is nothing to help him... RajKumar Santoshi should be shot publicly for making me waste 1000 bucks on this shitty movie.

roadrippersid said:
saw ajab prem ki gazab kahani ... awesome movie rk rocks .. 9/10

Sei said:
ajab prem ki ghazab khaani - 1/10

PS: The '1' is for the sincere try by Ranbir Kapoor to salvage the film which was sinking like the titanic... but there is nothing to help him... RajKumar Santoshi should be shot publicly for making me waste 1000 bucks on this shitty movie.

now , that brings down the average to 5/10.......am waiting to see this film though.

Sankat City - 6/10

It had it's moments and although the main story was not much to talk about, the plot had enough twists and turns to keep it interesting. What crapped most of the time was inconsistent pace and the shoddy editing didn't help at all. The direction was little better than average, it didn't suck but director didn't try to break out of the box either. When you're making a movie like this, you need to keep the pace constant and flowing while making sure that characters and events doesn't lose their composure.

Overall nice effort, but I hate to see likes of KK, Anupam Kher, Dilip Prabhavalkar and Virendra Saxena not fully used to their strengths. Almost everyone performs very well in the movie, in fact so well that KK and Dilip sleepwalks through their rolls effortlessly, even Rimi Sen looks and act convincingly as con-woman. Anupam Kher is good with his comic timing as roll of weirdo loan shark while Virendra Saxena doesn't have much of screen time. Chunky Pandey is as irritating as ever. The movie is worth a watch and I did enjoy it, but still felt that better screenplay and MOST IMPORTANTLY better editor could have made even more enjoyable movie.

The Tournament - 7.5/10

Nice action movie. Sticks to it's genre and delivers what it promises.

So the basic premise is that there is special secret tournament of assassins from all over the world, last man (or woman) standing is the winner. It's kill or be killed. This time the last tournament's champion is returned for revenge, I won't say the reason for revenge as it counts for a spoiler... even though the twist is pretty predictable. Then there is innocent civilian, a priest, who gets involved in the event... accidentally, by probably a quite absurd way. For the rest of the reels you have lot of fireworks, hand-to-hand combats, killings, parkour action and chasing sequences happening. What more can you possibly ask from Saturday night action movie?

Thankfully, the pace of the movie is great. Camera work is good, it doesn't try to be over the top or too much shaky cam action thingamajigs. It doesn't lag or bore you, even in couple of dialog-heavy scenes (to be honest, which are few) and there is bit of nice classic soundtrack running sequence which adds a touch to the whole thing. On top of it, there are some decent people playing lead roles, namely Wing Rhames (who caves in a little to overacting towards the end, but it's no big deal), Kelly Hu and my personal favorite Robert Carlyle. In fact, my original rating was 6.5 but I added extra 1 just for Kelly and Robert.

Overall, worth a watch... possibly with friends and beer (and loud speakers). :)

Ek Niranjan (Telugu) - 6/10 - Nice Songs. Prabhas and Sonu Sood were good. The song "Narthanatara" dedicated to Michael Jackson was awesome. The hot chick was mindblowing. She imitates Jacksons style pretty well.

Sunshine Cleaning - 8/10 - Nice rivetting movie. Solid performances from all the actors involved. Emily Blunt is so beautiful.

Ajab prem ki ghazab kahani - 8/10.

This is really a nice comedy movie without any sleaze. The story has been done umpteen times, but it shows how fresh it can still be at the hands of an experienced film makers and two very young capable people.

Katrina is looking very delicious. I am so in love with her after watching this movie.

By all means, do give this a watch.

JAIL - 5/10.

TOI rated it a 3.5 out of 5 but I'd say it's way too over-rated for a Madhur Bhandarkar movie. Not even in the leagues of his previous ones. Neil Nitin Mukesh did not quite fit the role - n00bish acting although I liked him in NY.

Ended up watching this one since we did not tickets for APKGK. :|

Back