Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

The Expendables 6.5/10
shitty stuff... just a couple of stars thrown in.. senseless killing without a plot. it got 6 cause the fighting was still good and intense.

Inception - Finally watched Inception. And seriously its an awesome piece of work by Nolan. Personally, I found it to be superior than Dark Knight.

Christopher Nolan opens up enough metaphorical space to play around with and kept it temptingly plausible throughout the movie.

But yet again, I've some queries:-

1. In one of the scene, they showed that Cobb & Mal has aged 50 years. But again in the next scene, they were shown young during the train tracks suicide?

2. After Fischer Jr was shot and killed in the third-dream level, they went inside Limbo and rescued him. Why couldn't they save Saito in the same way?

3. Why is Cobb so much younger than Saito in limbo?

XTechManiac said:
Inception - Finally watched Inception. And seriously its an awesome piece of work by Nolan. Personally, I found it to be superior than Dark Knight.
Christopher Nolan opens up enough metaphorical space to play around with and kept it temptingly plausible throughout the movie.
1. In one of the scene, they showed that Cobb & Mal has aged 50 years. But again in the next scene, they were shown young during the train tracks suicide?
2. After Fischer Jr was shot and killed in the third-dream level, they went inside Limbo and rescued him. Why couldn't they save Saito in the same way?
Answers to your questions :
1. Aging in limbo is also an illusion which is born due to the dreamer thinking of it (limbo) as reality. When they both were convinced (the same reason they were lying on the railway track) that they were actually dreaming, the illusion that they had aged also shed away.
2&3. Fisher Jr. was shot minutes ago when they decided to rescue him (and their mission), so they just needed to give him a kick from limbo and synchronize it with the machine they used to revive him whearas Saito was shot in the first level itself and went into limbo before him and as time runs faster with each level and Saito had lost hold of reality with time, he aged too (like Cobb and Mal)

Mephistopheles said:
Answers to your questions :

1. Aging in limbo is also an illusion which is born due to the dreamer thinking of it (limbo) as reality. When they both were convinced (the same reason they were lying on the railway track) that they were actually dreaming, the illusion that they had aged also shed away.

2&3. Fisher Jr. was shot minutes ago when they decided to rescue him (and their mission), so they just needed to give him a kick from limbo and synchronize it with the machine they used to revive him whearas Saito was shot in the first level itself and went into limbo before him and as time runs faster with each level and Saito had lost hold of reality with time, he aged too (like Cobb and Mal)

1. Hah. It seems clear now.

2&3. If I'm not wrong, Saito was "just dying" at the 1st and 2nd dream level, but was not killed. He bleed to death at the 3rd dream level. Minutes before Fisher was shot to death. So technically he lived inside limbo some decades before Cobb entered limbo to rescue Fisher. And so Cobb seems to aged a little bit but Saito was very old. And since time was running short(van was just to hit the water), it was better to rescue Fisher in order to complete their mission rather than wasting time for Saito. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Rockfella said:
^ is it a movie or a quiz/riddle?????

Its Nolan's work. :p

Rockfella said:
^ is it a movie or a quiz/riddle???????? :eek:
hahaha, u said it all vivek ,

i was waiting desperately for a blu ray release ever since the movie released in theaters , i finally watched it a few days ago , although the movie is good , brilliant acting , but i didnt understand most of it :bleh:

and cant waste time to watch it the 2nd time :p,

movies are meant to be entertaining most of d times not to become a puzzle later

^^ Actually I did get the whole movie but 1-2 questions.

Read the spoiler in my previous post. You'll see that I answered my question myself. Its just that I'm confirming that my concept is not void.

Nolan's movie are not brainless action flick. ;)

Inception.......10/10...... saw it again yesterday....... first time in theatre and now in full 1080p print..... it was much crystal clear this time when i watched the movie..........

one doubt
still couldn't get the paradox stairs concept........ from an angle one can see the stairs as never ending but from persons point of view it should be clearly visible that its not a never ending stair........:huh:

Repo Men - 7/10

Excellent sound track and action. Really liked the universe. Giving it a low rating cause..

The ending was weird and out-of-taste. Something which was just thrown in, to create a cliche or paradox. Totally ruined the script. Not that I felt bad that the hero actually died 50% into the movie and the rest is imagination, but it totally was different to the themes and plot in Repo Man.

XTechManiac said:

1) I guess at first Cobb and Mal lost track of time and they got aged in limbo. But then Cobb realized that this was just a dream and from then on maybe both looked younger to him. Remember this is just a subconscious projections

2) Cobbs subconscious projection Mal knew Cobb would come to limbo if Fischer Jr is killed. So she keeps him close to her. It is just Cobbs subconscious mind messing around. He wanted to be with Mal. But Saito could have been anywhere in limbo. And they were running out of time. So Cobb stayed in limbo and started searching for Saito. But it took lot of time in limbo and Saito got old. But in real time it was just few mins i believe in the plane flying to US.

3) Cobb knows its limbo. Saito doesn't. So Saito loses track of time and gets old

BTW, i have a question.

If Cobb knew he and Mal where in limbo why couldn't he jut kill her and end his own life. They both would have come to reality. Why did he try inception on her.

Maybe if he did that there would be no Inception movie :)

devesh38 said:
Inception.......10/10...... saw it again yesterday....... first time in theatre and now in full 1080p print..... it was much crystal clear this time when i watched the movie..........

one doubt
still couldn't get the paradox stairs concept........ from an angle one can see the stairs as never ending but from persons point of view it should be clearly visible that its not a never ending stair........:huh:
Its probably something like an illusion within an illusion looks real.

swordfish123 said:
BTW, i have a question.

If Cobb knew he and Mal where in limbo why couldn't he jut kill her and end his own life. They both would have come to reality. Why did he try inception on her.

Thanks for the answers. Pretty clear now.

Regarding your question : I think the reason Cobb didn't kill Mal is that he is pretty obnoxious to kill his wife, even if it's just a dream.

Remember the scene in the third-level snow fortress where he couldn't pull the trigger on her, when he knew that she was not real, but only a projection of his subconscious.

swordfish123 said:
BTW, i have a question.
Not 100% sure, but this is what I got. Dont remember much now.
I dont think killing Mal would've had any effect. Mal has lost the perception of reality. Both Mal and Cobb do return to reality, but Mal still wasnt convinced that it was reality. She thinks even that was a dream and ends her life thinking she will wake up in reality.

Back